Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Minnesota Game Thread

Originally posted by astat32 View Post
    I think the biggest question coming into the game is who is going to stop possibly the best player in the big 10 Megan Fox? Muck? Ketty? Nobody?
    Watching too much Transformers again? I wish she was playing, I'd be at that game no doubt!

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
      Bulletin Board Material. Last night on the Pam Borton show she discounted the Jacks win 2 years ago in strong terms and stated "That game was stolen from us" and the word fluke was used. Neither Pam or the Moderator gave us much respect other than we gave Maryland a good game and have beat a couple of Big Ten Teams so we can't overlook them.
      I don't know what to think about the game 2 years ago. The officials really screwed it up. SDSU should have won because the shot was up before the light went on. The rule book said(they changed it) the game is over when the clock shows 0.00. The clock you could see on the replay showed 00.0. So it went to tenths not hundredths of a second. Those things showed SDSU won the game.
      The officials let AJ watch the replay several times and point stuff out to them. Finally, when coach Borton went to the replay the officials said coaches weren't supposed to watch the screen. I'm a SDSU fans but I think AJ broke the rules on this occasion. I don't know if he did it on purpose(and it won them the game) but he saw the replay and she didn't. It's up to the officials to get him out of there so I'm not blaming him.
      It was a good game and it's just a shame it ended the way it did. I think the coaches don't like each other. I do think if Minnesota doesn't want to come to Brookings, that's not a total loss. The teams are fairly equal in talent. I guess I don't know which school pays more but if it's equal, they should switch home games. I'm sure Minnesota just feels that they have a good shot at losing here.

The game tonight should be another good one. I think SDSU will need a couple players to be on. Over the last few games Ketty, Rotert and Young have been inconsistent. Maria(if near back) will help the team out. Jen has been the main constant on the team. If 3 out of those 5 shoot well, SDSU wins.

Comment

Gonna be a whale of a game. I've got a Christmas concert to attend but will be listening as soon as I get in the vehicle.

Against a team as solid as Minnesota we need to make the outside shot. I've said it multiple times, at least %30 from 3-point land is going to be necessary to win a game like this on the road.
        We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

It will be very interesting to see how the team plays tonight. IMO, they are going to have to come out and be the bullies. I think that Minnesota is going to try to rough them up a little bit to intimidate the Jacks. Hopefully the gals will be able to knock down a few 3's early to get the flow going.

Did you hear that the Gopher's coach basically laughed about the idea of playing a hame game in Brookings? I think that there are many major schools that are concerned about playing at Frost. The ladies can keep pace with anyone in the rabbit den.
          -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

So far, it appears that Nebraska and Minnesota are SO CONCERNED about a ROAD loss in Brookings that they won't come in. Who else is on that list?

I hope that we're getting to be a quality game so that we maybe start getting the first of a home/home game.

OOOOPPPPSSSS - Thread Drift.....

Knock them Gophers back in their hole!

GO JACKS!

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks-02 View Post
              Watching too much Transformers again? I wish she was playing, I'd be at that game no doubt!
              That was exactly my thought. I can see why a guy would be thinking of Megan Fox.

Comment

Please keep me informed of the game. You guys do a great service. thanks

Comment

The more that I read about the Gophers the more confident that I am in a Jackrabbit victory. I am predicting a 11 point victory.
                  -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Originally posted by SoDakJack View Post
                    The more that I read about the Gophers the more confident that I am in a Jackrabbit victory. I am predicting a 11 point victory.
                    A danged good way to start posting there SoDak! Welcome to the Board!

If you're not making the TC to watch the game, I know Colorado Jack enjoys getting play-by-play here. Come join me in posting tonight!

Comment

A preview story ran in the Argus today:

Jacks' 2007 win over the Gophers lingers
                      Clash at Minnesota stirs memories of controversial SDSU buzzer-beater
                      Terry Vandrovec • December 9, 2008

South Dakota State women's basketball coach Aaron Johnston is reminded of the game on a regular basis almost two years after the fact, while Minnesota counterpart Pam Borton claims that she hasn't given it much thought.

Care to guess which team came out on the better end of a controversial ruling that decided the last meeting between the Jackrabbits and the Gophers?

In a sense, SDSU is right to remember the contest played Jan. 14, 2007 in Minneapolis because it changed college basketball in a minor way, bringing to light - quite literally - some contradictory language in the NCAA rule book that has since been corrected.

You have chances in athletics to be part of those kind of unique events rarely," said Johnston, whose team returns to Williams Arena tonight for a showdown between 8-1 squads. "Sometimes they're unique for great reasons, sometimes they're unique not for great reasons."

(read more)

Comment

What a great article by TV. The more I read, the more I am impressed with his talent. He just does a great job of reporting the facts good or bad and doesn't make himself part of the story (closed circuit to Stu).

It won't take long and someone will give him an offer he can't refuse to move up to the big time. The newspaper business is brutal right now but TV has the talent to excel.

Can't wait for the game to start and whip their butts from the opening buzzer not just at the final buzzer. Kind of. Whatever.

GB, GB, GJ!

SUPERBUNNY
                        MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SUPERBUNNY View Post
                          He just does a great job of reporting the facts good or bad and doesn't make himself part of the story (closed circuit to Stu).
                          Well.. Terry is writing sports "news" and Stu is writing opinion. Tough not to be part of the story if you're writing a column.
                          Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post
                            Well.. Terry is writing sports "news" and Stu is writing opinion. Tough not to be part of the story if you're writing a column.
                            Agreed, Stu doesn't write game stories very often, he does columns based on his opinion while Terry never does a column and just does game stories. I'm not trying to say Terry doesn't have talent, he certainly does, but you aren't supposed to be part of a game story, while columns are based on your personal opinion.

Comment

While it would be nice to get the Gophs in Frost, there is something to be said for consistantly beating them in a good recruiting area. Maybe that doesn't mean much, idk.
                              One hand points to campus...the other to the liquor store.

Comment

mitch albom of the Detroit Free Press does both only he tries to be a part of his opinion column and his news stories.

Comment

Working...
                                X