Illinois game thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Illinois game thread.

Ketty had a good first half against Oregon until they shut her down in the second so she can definitely play. Distracted by something, someone, who knows the concentration wasn't there. Every game so far one of the girls has stepped up and had a great game. Wark, Macie and Stacie tied,Jill Young, Ketty,Wark, Rotert, we just need all of them to step up at the same game. The conference run is going to be something especially if like last year they come together at the end of December.
    But what amazes me is that even though they are not playing well the other team just can't seem to put them away. They always have a chance.

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUJack3031 View Post
      And I would completely disagree. She might play tough but defense is not one of her strong points. I'm not knocking on her. She is a great player/person and obviously someone we need on the floor in the future to be more successful.
      Three turnovers in 8 minutes might have something to do with it. Oistad also has to many unforced turnovers for the position she plays. As a team we had 19 which is way too many if we are going to continue to have succes against the upper tier teams and could have cost us the game. Great win all the same!

Comment

http://www.argusleader.com/article/2...27/1002/SPORTS

Sophomore Kristin Rotert scored a career-high 26 points and senior Jenn Warkenthien bounced back from a benching to hit a crucial 3-pointer as South Dakota State rallied from a 15-point, second-half deficit to top Illinois 62-60 on Thursday night in the Caribbean Challenge MTE at the Moon Palace Resort.

(more at link above)

Comment

http://www.illinihq.com/news/women_b...t_heartbreaker

Champagne Ill story on the game.

Comment

Working...
          X