• Show
Clear All

Re: Utah game thread

Originally posted by mango4 View Post
    Nice call on the score!!
    Thanks

Comment

I just saw where Oakland nearly upset #23 ranked Georgia. We may still have some conf. competition.

Comment

Originally posted by boxerboy View Post
        I just saw where Oakland nearly upset #23 ranked Georgia. We may still have some conf. competition.
        Yes, Oakland, IIRC, is returning the starters of last season, no losses, and they forced Jacks to OT at Oakland last year.

Glad to have the Summit tourney in our backyard. We can make the SF Arena as tough to beat Jacks as Frost!

Comment

Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
          Jill Young has an amazingly quick release..and such a nice follow through.
          I told my friend the same thing during the last game. It doesn't take her long to get that shot ready. Her first couple of games she got hosed with shots bouncing out of the hoop. Just a nice shot.
          Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!--Bluto--

Comment

Originally posted by 2002jack View Post
            Bump, for those of you wondering why Boever wasn't playing.
            Don't know if this was from the last game or practice. I do know the game against Wisconsin, she took some really hard hits (I made the comment she won the ring match that night). She is just a tough girl and we need her in the games to come.
            Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!--Bluto--

Comment

Warkenthein was three assists shy of a triple double, Johnston joked in the press conference that she needs to pass more

Comment

Game coverage

Argus Leader:
                http://www.argusleader.com/article/2...29/1002/SPORTS

Salt Lake Tribune (coverage by SDSU student Ariy-El Boynton):
                http://www.sltrib.com/sports/ci_11039702

University of Utah newspaper:
                http://www.dailyutahchronicle.com/sp...m_jacked_in_sd
                Holy nutmeg!

Comment

When hearing South Dakota State, most would assume a cake-walk game, but the Jackrabbits are no walkover. They recently waxed Big Ten school Wisconsin by 20 points. From the Utah school paper.

Respect is coming, we make believers out of our opponents.

Fear the Rabbit

Comment

I was at the game last night and it had a huge feel to it! The women are on a roll! Hopefully this momentum continues through Sunday and into next week! Even though Stacie, Jenny, Jenn did a great job playing the post we were a little short on depth with our posts without Maria. I also really like the missmatches we get when we bring Ketty and Kristen into the posts. Whats Kristen gets her shot going we are going to be TOUGH. Macie makes me scratch my head sometime... she plays terrible for a couple of possesions and then pulls out a huge crossover and gets us a huge bucket! I like Allison seeing more minutes. She's a good player and I have never really understood why she doesn't see more minutes! All in all a very good game for the Jacks and I am PUMPED for this weekend! Going to Farge and then coming back to a BIG game!
                    Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post
                      Game coverage

Argus Leader:
                      http://www.argusleader.com/article/2...29/1002/SPORTS

Salt Lake Tribune (coverage by SDSU student Ariy-El Boynton):
                      http://www.sltrib.com/sports/ci_11039702

University of Utah newspaper:
                      http://www.dailyutahchronicle.com/sp...m_jacked_in_sd
                      A couple of quotes from the U of U story-

...it was the play of senior Jackrabbit forward Jennifer Warkenthien. The South Dakota native put on an clinic of well-rounded game as she scored 11 points, pulled down 13 rebounds, had seven assists and had a steal and a block on the night.

Same old great night at the office from Jen.

When hearing South Dakota State, most would assume a cake-walk game, but the Jackrabbits are no walkover. They recently waxed Big Ten school Wisconsin by 20 points.

I wouldn't say that SDSU won in a cake walk, the game was pretty tight until the Jacks went on that last run.
                      An ardent supporter of the hometown team should go to a game prepared to take offense, no matter what happens.Robert Benchley
                      US actor, author, & humorist (1889 - 1945)

Comment

Originally posted by WestSideRabbit View Post
                        I was at the game last night and it had a huge feel to it! The women are on a roll! Hopefully this momentum continues through Sunday and into next week! Even though Stacie, Jenny, Jenn did a great job playing the post we were a little short on depth with our posts without Maria. I also really like the missmatches we get when we bring Ketty and Kristen into the posts. Whats Kristen gets her shot going we are going to be TOUGH. Macie makes me scratch my head sometime... she plays terrible for a couple of possesions and then pulls out a huge crossover and gets us a huge bucket! I like Allison seeing more minutes. She's a good player and I have never really understood why she doesn't see more minutes! All in all a very good game for the Jacks and I am PUMPED for this weekend! Going to Farge and then coming back to a BIG game!

I marvel at how quick Macie is and at how fast Alison is.

GBGBGJ
                        An ardent supporter of the hometown team should go to a game prepared to take offense, no matter what happens.Robert Benchley
                        US actor, author, & humorist (1889 - 1945)

Comment

It sure didn't surprise me that Warkenthien came back with a huge game after an off night against Wisconsin. She's a gamer and I would have almost gauranteed a big game from her.

Going to be a fun season of WBB at SDSU! Whoever posted earlier about people not really knowing how good this team is hit the nail on the head. Those of us on here are aware but let's spread the word. A couple more wins and a ranking would get the word out in a hurry.

GB, GB, GJ!

SUPERBUNNY
                          MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Walrus View Post
                            I watched the post game news conference. One of the Utah players, Whipple (I think) referred to having just played San Diego State. oops.

GBGBGJ
                            I listened to the Utah broadcast on-line and their play-by-play guy kept trying to say San Diego State, too. He said the SDSU confused him because San Diego State is in their conferece. He was very complimentary of the Jackrabbits during the broadcast.

Comment

Working...
                            X