Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Utah game thread

Originally posted by 2002jack View Post
    Bump, for those of you wondering why Boever wasn't playing.
    And we did this without one of our best players......

Comment

I took a look at the Utah website and saw some very impressive stats that put a little perspective on this win. Just take a look at the following information on the coach:

Elaine Elliott is in her 26th season at the helm for the Utes...her teams have appeared in 15 NCAA tourneys...her win/loss record is 537/212 (.717). HER TEAMS HAVE WON MORE GAMES THAN ANY OTHER SCHOOL IN THE MOUNTAIN WEST CONFERENCE.

The Ute website claims Warburton and Whipple are the best wing combo in the Mountain West Conference. The Utes were pre-season picked to win the MWC.

Comment

I'm not sure the casual fan/general public in the state can really appreciate or comprehend what this team is doing on a consistent basis. I hope the fan based continues to grow as this is a special program! I can't imagine what it will be like in the conference tournament in Sioux Falls in March.

Comment

Just got home from the game. (First game I've made it to this year).

Jill Young has an amazingly quick release..and such a nice follow through.

I absolutely love to watch Michelson play basketball. She can get a little out of control sometimes, but she will become more controlled as she gain experience. I love her intensity.

Rotert was off tonight, and I was glad to see Anderson hit a big three in the second half when we needed it...she kind of goes unsung.
          "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Just got home. Wow. Jill Young is some kind of amazing shooter. She really electrified the place with those second half threes. A great game by everyone who played. Alison Anderson really sparked the team with some great defense. The Utah point guard seemed very tentative whenever Anderson was in there guarding her. Ketty had a strong game. Once we get Rotert going, things are really going to open up for Warkenthien. Muck didn't play much in the second half, which made me concerned that she might be hurt.

This is a really, really good team. And they're just going to get better as the year goes on.
            Holy nutmeg!

Comment

I watched the post game news conference. One of the Utah players, Whipple (I think) referred to having just played San Diego State. oops.

GBGBGJ
              An ardent supporter of the hometown team should go to a game prepared to take offense, no matter what happens.Robert Benchley
              US actor, author, & humorist (1889 - 1945)

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
                I'm not sure the casual fan/general public in the state can really appreciate or comprehend what this team is doing on a consistent basis. I hope the fan based continues to grow as this is a special program! I can't imagine what it will be like in the conference tournament in Sioux Falls in March.
                It pains me to even think about how I'm going to miss that live......as stated before, my wife is due the weekend after the tournament and I just can't bring myself to abandon her so close to the due date.

Definitely should have planned that better!
                "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post
                  Muck didn't play much in the second half, which made me concerned that she might be hurt.
                  I think coming in, she was kind of nursing a sprained ankle...hopefully it didn't worsen.

Comment

Originally posted by Walrus View Post
                    I watched the post game news conference. One of the Utah players, Whipple (I think) referred to having just played San Diego State. oops.

GBGBGJ
                    You would think you would remember the name of the team that just kicked the crap out of you........

Comment

Originally posted by Walrus View Post

GBGBGJ
                      Has she been outside lately??? Certainly a little colder here than in San Diego!

Current brookings temp: 9F, and -4F windchill
                      Current san diego temp: 58F

Comment

San Diego State is even in their own conference.

Comment

They are improving each game with some let ups here and there but the defense is keeping the Jacks in it for sure. Look at the turnovers they caused the last two games plus keeping theirs down. The confidence is building in these girls everytime out and they will be a force to reckon with.

Comment

Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
                            It pains me to even think about how I'm going to miss that live......as stated before, my wife is due the weekend after the tournament and I just can't bring myself to abandon her so close to the due date.

I hear you, I'm very low on vacation days and they have to last until August so I can't justify staying up in SF Monday and Tuesday.

Comment

Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post

Hint to her that maybe she should have an induced labor like a week before the tourney if the baby is healthy and the doctor agrees to it. My wife did it with our daughter, but only because she was tired of being preggers, and we still made it to Sturgis for the rally.

Comment

Originally posted by 1bunnies View Post
                                Just a liitle more than 21 hours to tip-off against the Utes. Need to give them a little pay back from the 67-59 loss they gave us last year. They outrebounded us by 20 in that game. I look for a much different result this time around. SDSU 71 Utah 59.

GO JACKS!
                                Nice call on the score!!

Comment

Working...
                                X