Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2010 Recruiting

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
    Someone said though, that a scholarship is on a yr to yr basis?I alway's thought it was for 4 yrs.
    Scholarships are technically year to year.

Comment

I think,eventually, if we are fortunate enough, we will have taller gaurds that are lean & more athletic,that can drive & penetrate to the hoop or pull up & shoot over the bigs without worrying so much about getting blocked,like Kristin Rotert.We still need good shooters though, but it would help if they were tall( Rachel Walters?)Also tall athletic defenders(Waytasheck?)We're getting taller at every position, it just takes time.If someone is shorter at thier position , but very, very, talented, like Jenn Wark was , then i guess that's where there's an exception to every rule theory comes from (or exceptional shooter, like Jill)Our roster looks better & better every year it seems, so that should equate to better & better teams.Oh, point gaurds are usually the exception where they are shorter but extremely quick, excellent ball handlers & assist leaders that can shoot(Macy).I like our team this yr....but we alway's have to keep getting better to keep our spot at the head of the conference.We keep evolving,that's a good thing.The best thing an athletic program can have is a recruiter who has a good eye for talent & potential of players they see & a coach who can bring out that potential, we've been pretty blessed in that dept.
      Last edited by jackdaniel; 02-11-2010, 12:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
        I think at the end of the day AJ will take the best available player with Cala's scholarship and that might be for a player in the 2010 class or 2011. Bottom line is we have shown nobody on our team capable of stopping the two freshman from ORU be it guards or post help. I don't promote cutting players scholarship, but I do think there will be some natural attrition at the guard position based on playing time. We have two forwards coming with Strop at 6'0 and Waytashek at 6'2. In 2011 we have Rachael Walters who is 6'1 so we do have some size on the way. AJ indicated he is looking for a difference maker and if that is Ashley then welcome aboard. She has skills that we do not have on this team and that is a guard with quicks at the defensive and offensive end.
        Not sure if you have seen Rachel Waters, but she is 5' 10" tall at best and is very thin. Good shooter though.

Comment

Rosters have Rachel listed as 6'1"

Comment

Originally posted by TeamPlayer View Post
            Not sure if you have seen Rachel Waters, but she is 5' 10" tall at best and is very thin. Good shooter though.
            Your right on one point she is a good shooter.

Comment

Originally posted by 76Rabbit View Post
              Rosters have Rachel listed as 6'1"
              I'd say she's all of 6'....my concern is consistency....and like some of the shooters we have...beating someone off the dribble when challenged at the 3 pt line....IMO our biggest weakness on offense.
              Last edited by rational thought; 02-16-2010, 09:40 AM.
              Champions aren't made in the gyms. Champions are made from something they have deep inside them -- a desire, a dream, a vision.
              Muhammad Ali

Comment

Originally posted by rational thought View Post
                I'd say she's all of 6'....my concern is consistency....and like some of the shooters we have...beating someone off the dribble when challenged at the 3 pt line....IMO our biggest weakness on offense.
                I want to know what yardstick they use for women's basketball players.

Jenn W. was a classic example. She was listed as what? 6'0", and every time I saw her after the games I swear I was at least an inch-inch and a half taller than her, and I'm 6'0"

Macie? Not 5'6"......

Of course anyone who thinks Palarca is his listed height.............

Comment

Originally posted by zooropa View Post

Jenn W. was a classic example. She was listed as what? 6'0", and every time I saw her after the games I swear I was at least an inch-inch and a half taller than her, and I'm 6'0"

Macie? Not 5'6"......

You guys never heard of the two inch rule of thumb? It's used at pretty much all levels. Do you really think Allen Iverson is 6'0"? Some coaches at the high school level will list their players by literal height, but they are usually for programs that aren't very good. I've talked to some past college athletes who say they were measured in their shoes.

Comment

Originally posted by SDHoops View Post
                    You guys never heard of the two inch rule of thumb? It's used at pretty much all levels. Do you really think Allen Iverson is 6'0"? Some coaches at the high school level will list their players by literal height, but they are usually for programs that aren't very good. I've talked to some past college athletes who say they were measured in their shoes.
                    This would be harder for me to take if I hadn't discovered a few years ago that men's shirt, jacket, and pants sizes aren't accurate anymore either.

Comment

Macie? Not 5'6"......

Jenn Wark could jump as high as a 6'2' post player during opening tips.She was a beast of a player.

Comment

This would be harder for me to take if I hadn't discovered a few years ago that men's shirt, jacket, and pants sizes aren't accurate anymore either.
                        You hopefully didn't learn that the way I did. Somehow I've started growing again. This time out not up.
                        You know that you're over the hill when your mind makes a promise that your body can't fill. - L. George

Comment

Originally posted by Prairiehaas View Post
                          You hopefully didn't learn that the way I did. Somehow I've started growing again. This time out not up.
                          I discovered that my neck size 'shrank'; as the sizes I had been buying were suddenly too big.

That really threw me for a loop. Men's clothes used to be so rigorously defined by logic. Those numbers meant something.

Now it's just a way for a guy to tell his wife and friends that he still wears a '32 waist'----yeah.... except that '32' is now 36" around.

Comment

I brought a pair of jeans back to Target a couple years ago and said they had to be mis-marked because they were way to big. The clerk said probably not, if they actually were the size indicated they would not hang half way down your backside. I got a chuckle out of that but told her the next time it happened she tell the middle-aged man that his diet must be working. She got a chuckle out of that.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

I know, thread drift. The issue is quality standards in certain developing countries for manufacturing of all kinds is very weak. That is the result of chasing the lowest priced supplier. This is something those of us in the manufacturing sector have known for years. And something the consumer is learning.

I was a bit surprised by Zooropa's experience with shirt neck sizes. A company with reasonable control over their output would be expected to run sizes a bit small. Smaller size = less material used = lower cost to produce. Obviously that manufacturer was not using proper size standards.
                              You know that you're over the hill when your mind makes a promise that your body can't fill. - L. George

Comment

Big game in Sioux Falls as Roosevelt beat Washington. Story on Roosevelt's Ashley.

http://www.keloland.com/sports/NewsD...3.cfm?ID=96601

Comment

Working...
                                X