Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Wisconsin Game Thread & Info!

Originally posted by rabidrabbit View Post

Thursday Night for UTAH. If Jacks are looking to make a push into the March Madness, the UTES are the type of team that they'll need to be able to beat to make the 2nd round if not the sweet 16.
    WOW, that just gave me a chill! Not to get ahead of the games but this is a real possibility!

Pretty cool time to be a Jacks fan!

GB, GB, GJ!

SUPERBUNNY
    MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

It is a good day to be a Jackrabbit fan in Wisconsin. Here is the link to the "Rascally Jackrabbits" story from the state's largest newspaper, the Journal Sentinel.

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/badgers/34625924.html
      "You just stood their screaming. Fearing no one was listening to you. Hearing only what you wanna hear. Knowing only what you heard." Metallica

Comment

I was able to make this game and was very impressed with just about every thing the girls did in the game. Maybe in the second half they could have attempted to rest the offense with a few more passes instead of standing around waitin for someone to move. In the first half I think they did a great job rotating the ball and players around and when this team does that they allways shoot better, 6-7 3pts. They need to keep that intensity going in games all year so they do not get common place when a team comes later in in year and really gives um a challenge. Good ball control, good help defense, good hustling and rebounding good shot selection. What a commliment from the Badgers coach, "This team showed what toughness is all about". Those are the things this team can do come tourny time that others might not be able to match.

Also what quaility play from the bench. The next few years are looking really bright for this team. Now lets get the BOR and state to change it so we can sign AJ up for a long term deal. of their last 100 games they have only won 93. Thats qaulity home court play and advantage for sure.

Wish i could make the Utah game but its my evening shift to work. Should be a good warm up game leading up to Maryland. What an outsanding schedule this year and kudos for those teams for willing to risk coming here losing to a team from a "lesser leauge" when they could have droped us for a easy home game. To bad some football teams do't honor contracts like that.

Goon
        "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Guess Wisconsin won't be coming back now.

Comment

The Wisconsin coach is probably gone at the end of the year. It is rumored that this was her year to do something with the program. The Badgers fans aren't exactly thrilled with the loss to the Jackrabbits.
            "You just stood their screaming. Fearing no one was listening to you. Hearing only what you wanna hear. Knowing only what you heard." Metallica

Comment

Originally posted by MilwaukeeJacksAlum View Post
              The Wisconsin coach is probably gone at the end of the year. It is rumored that this was her year to do something with the program. The Badgers fans aren't exactly thrilled with the loss to the Jackrabbits.

Let's just hope that UW's ADept. was so NOT Thrilled with the loss to SDSU that they don't even condsider AJ for the job??

Make's me ill just thinking about it.

Go Jacks!!
              SDSU...Passionate, Relentless, Champions.

Comment

If SDSU has the kind of year that most of anticipate Aaron will be getting some serious attention from Major Conference Programs who are seeking a new coach. I hope the Jacks can also put the hammer to the arrogant Pam Borton and the Gophers. I think this is the 3rd game in the Barn and about time for a return game. The Gophers played in Fargo last year, but I'm not sure it will be as easy to get them to Brookings.

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
                  If SDSU has the kind of year that most of anticipate Aaron will be getting some serious attention from Major Conference Programs who are seeking a new coach. I hope the Jacks can also put the hammer to the arrogant Pam Borton and the Gophers. I think this is the 3rd game in the Barn and about time for a return game. The Gophers played in Fargo last year, but I'm not sure it will be as easy to get them to Brookings.
                  Why go to a tough win at home's court? Jacks have played the Gophs tough, and I know Jacks won on a controversial bucket at the buzzer.

Pretty soon though, we do need to insist on a return game from the Gophs. They may be "local" but they should start playing at least one in three at Frost.

Comment

The Argus write-up on the game:

Jackrabbit blitz beats Badgers
                    SDSU sparks powerful run after early deficit
                    Terry Vandrovec • November 18, 2008

BROOKINGS - Just 90 seconds into its first regular-season home game against a Big Ten team, South Dakota State trailed 8-0 with three turnovers and two benched starters.

To say that things got better from there would be an understatement.

The Jackrabbits responded from the early adversity with a 20-2 run and cruised to a 64-44 victory against Wisconsin on Monday night before a crowd 2,812 at Frost Arena.

It was a tale of two halves - SDSU (2-0) won both but in very different ways. The Jacks shot 73 percent from the field in the first and then allowed just 18 points in the second half, holding the Badgers (0-1) to their lowest single-game total in 101 contests.

And so a three-game homestand against major-conference clubs got off to a rousing start.
                    "That's a big stretch of games and they're good teams," senior forward Stacie Oistad, "so getting this first win it does build confidence and get us excited and ready to go for the next one."

(read more)

Comment

Originally posted by propar80 View Post
                      Let's just hope that UW's ADept. was so NOT Thrilled with the loss to SDSU that they don't even condsider AJ for the job??

Make's me ill just thinking about it.

Go Jacks!!

Word is it was supposed to be Dick Bennet's daughter who is in the program one way or another. Now that may be up in the air since she has ties to the current coach and their results. UWMilwaukee's coach would be in the mix, too.

Comment

Karel lifts Wisconsin to upset of No. 6 Baylor

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/womens-...d=200811290050

That helps us look a little better.

Comment

Originally posted by 22jack View Post
                          Karel lifts Wisconsin to upset of No. 6 Baylor

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/womens-...d=200811290050

That helps us look a little better.
                          Should help the RPI too! At least I think that is how it works.

Comment

if we could have gotten that win against maryland that would have surely gotten us in the top 25 if not in the teens. Good win by Wisconson or either a bad loss by Baylor, anyway you slice it it sure looks to help us.
                            "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Working...
                            X