Wisconsin Game Thread & Info!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wisconsin Game Thread & Info!

Anyone know anything about this time and what the have coming back? I see they won there exhibition game and open regular season with the Jacks!

Re: Wisconsin Game Thread & Info!

Looks like they lost 3 of their top scorers, who were also starters. They have a couple of 6'4" players and have 9 players between soph, junior, and senior so they have some experience together. Only starters back are point guard and forward. Big loss is Jolene Anderson.
    Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!--Bluto--

Comment

Wisconsin has some size inside that could cause some trouble for us. A few of those kids are pretty strong too (Steinbauer and Gibson and Zastrow). But I think SDSU will have a big advantage with our wing players. And we have more scoring options than Wisconsin. It should be a good game. We'll have to shoot better than we did at Missouri, but being home at Frost Arena should help that. I predict we'll be 2-0 after the Badger game. Jackrabbits will win by 6.

Comment

Originally posted by bub94 View Post
        Looks like they lost 3 of their top scorers, who were also starters. They have a couple of 6'4" players and have 9 players between soph, junior, and senior so they have some experience together. Only starters back are point guard and forward. Big loss is Jolene Anderson.

Couple of big girls at 6'4". The 6'4" senior comes off the bench and is not a big scorer. 4 points against UWMilwaukee. The big girls will likely cause some problems. And you can bet the Badgers will be tough. But guess what? So are the Jacks and we have a big 10 team coming to Frost. I think the last big 10 team (Hoosiers) came to town and got thumped. Already have a victory over a big 12 team on the road and may as well add the big 10 to the victums list. Hopefully Frost will be rock'n Monday night with 5 to 7000 fans.

GBGBGJ

Comment

Simply a point of interest. If you look at the Badger roster and check out the coaching staff they have a Ty Margenthaler on the staff as an assistant. Ty is a brother of Matt who was an asst at SDSU and is now the head coach at Mn State Mankato. Not that it means a whole lot other than its a small world.

GBGBGJ

Comment

First of all I doubt there will be 7,000 fans.... I don't even know if Frost holds that many... and its a Monday game so that hurts also....

I've watched/listened/followed a lot of there games over the past 3 years and when they are playing a good team they win if they shoot good, they loose if they don't.... Its as simple as that.... They should good the the 6-4 girls don't mean much... They don't and it could be a long night.

Comment

Originally posted by joeboo22 View Post
              First of all I doubt there will be 7,000 fans.... I don't even know if Frost holds that many... and its a Monday game so that hurts also....

I've watched/listened/followed a lot of there games over the past 3 years and when they are playing a good team they win if they shoot good, they loose if they don't.... Its as simple as that.... They should good the the 6-4 girls don't mean much... They don't and it could be a long night.
              Joeboo, are you typing and drinkin again at the same time?

Comment

Originally posted by Chains View Post
                Simply a point of interest. If you look at the Badger roster and check out the coaching staff they have a Ty Margenthaler on the staff as an assistant. Ty is a brother of Matt who was an asst at SDSU and is now the head coach at Mn State Mankato. Not that it means a whole lot other than its a small world.

GBGBGJ
                It is very possible that he was a contact that helped get the game with UW. AJ was a grad assistant with the men with Margenthaler before becoming Neibers assistant.

With a couple of "really bigs" down low, this game is what AJ's team is built for. They will run, and run, and run, and then they'll start running. We go a solid 10+ deep and there isn't a big dropoff when the second unit comes in. This will be a big factor in this and most of the games this year.

My prediction:

Wisconsin 62
                SDSU 75

A solid win for the Jacks in front of 4,650.

Can't wait for tonight! What a week to be a Jacks fan!

GB, GB, GJ!

SUPERBUNNY
                MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Going to need our outside game to click tonight, it will at Frost. I expect AJ to have the women pushing the ball and I mean pushing hard. We have a deeper bench than 95% of the teams in the nation and he'll use every one of them. If, for some reason, the 3's aren't falling it could be a tough battle. We win either way but if the 3's are falling I think we beat them by 10 or more.
                  We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

in terry's argus leader article he said maybe expecting 5000 people for tonite,
                    that would be an awesome home opener crowd,
                    vs USC 2 years back our home opener wasn't even 4000, so this would be awesome
                    So do you think they will have the end bleachers pulled out? i'm guessing so.

Comment

Terry's preview article of this week's games:

1-2-3: Trio of challenges looming for SDSU women
                      Jacks host Wisconsin, Utah, Oregon this week
                      Terry Vandrovec • November 17, 2008

BROOKINGS - The question was posed during a women's basketball news conference at Wisconsin, but it may well have been asked at Oregon and Utah because it applies to all three major-conference clubs this week: Why is your team playing a game at South Dakota State?

"Because it's a great opponent and it's a return game," Badgers coach Lisa Stone said. "They're a team that's postseason bound. To be the best you play the best. It's a very good opponent for us, a very good early test."

She went on to explain that tonight's contest at Frost Arena is part of a home-and-home contract, and that facing SDSU - a WNIT qualifier the past two years and the prohibitive favorite to win the Summit League this season - helps the Big Ten Badgers' strength of schedule and RPI.

(read more)

Comment

Tyler Merriam is on the air. Let's go Rabbits.
                        The Zen philosopher Basha once wrote, 'A flute with no holes, is not a flute. A donut with no hole, is a Danish.'

Comment

Wisconsin hits a couple of quick 3's. SDSU playing sloppy with a couple of turnovers already.

8-0 Badgers
                          The Zen philosopher Basha once wrote, 'A flute with no holes, is not a flute. A donut with no hole, is a Danish.'

Comment

Stacie Oistad for 3. Now 8-6 Badgers.

Comment

Oistad again for 3 and Jacks lead 9-8.

Comment

Working...
                              X