2008-09 Season about to tip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2008-09 Season about to tip

I know we will miss Courtney and Andrea, but the biggest loss from last year's squad might be Scotty Kwas. Where are you Scotty?!?!?!?!?!

Comment

Scotty is finding people jobs now...Merm is getting more seasoned every day, his statistical knowledge will astound you.

Comment

Originally posted by Rabbitden View Post
        Scotty is finding people jobs now...Merm is getting more seasoned every day, his statistical knowledge will astound you.

I grew up with Merm, he use to make me sit in his basement and keep stats for basketball games on TV when I would rather have been out playing basketball. Good thing he did that though, its coming in handy.

He was always knew some insane stat that no one had even heard of and he did this all the time. Merm should be just fine

Comment

Originally posted by WestSideRabbit View Post
          well we scored over 100 but it was kinda ugly... the 2nd half was better but the first half our passes weren't as crisp as usual and it was kinda sloppy... there was a stretch in the first half where we couldn't buy a basket. All in all I'm looking forward to the season! Our depth is scary!

Lady Jacks! Thanks for righting the ship for SDSU basketball. After the men's game I think we all needed some reality. Again the lady Jacks look awesome. I can't imagine trying to put together a game plan to defend the women. Tough schedule but a very talented team for AJ and staff....again!

Go big, go blue, go Jacks

Comment

Originally posted by Chains View Post
            Lady Jacks! Thanks for righting the ship for SDSU basketball. After the men's game I think we all needed some reality. Again the lady Jacks look awesome. I can't imagine trying to put together a game plan to defend the women. Tough schedule but a very talented team for AJ and staff....again!

Go big, go blue, go Jacks
            I know it's nitpicky, but there is no such thing as the "Lady Jacks". It drove me crazy a couple years back when KSFY constantly referred to them as Lady Jacks. That's not correct. The nickname of the SDSU women's basketball team is the Jackrabbits. Lady Jacks has a diminutive connotation that they are "less than" that certainly doesn't fit those young women.
            Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Originally posted by gojacks89 View Post
              I know we will miss Courtney and Andrea, but the biggest loss from last year's squad might be Scotty Kwas. Where are you Scotty?!?!?!?!?!
              Merriam is a HUGE step up from Scotty Kwas............Scotty was NOT a good play by play guy. He was constantly behind......not good. I actually had trouble listening to Scotty at times.......I have never had that problem with Tyler.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
                Merriam is a HUGE step up from Scotty Kwas............Scotty was NOT a good play by play guy. He was constantly behind......not good. I actually had trouble listening to Scotty at times.......I have never had that problem with Tyler.
                I totally agree. Merriam is going to be very good!

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
                  I'm not going to be critical of Scotty. Tyler M. is very good, no step backwards with him.
                  We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

I like Tyler, but of the two would prefer Scotty. It is very very close though and we are fortunate to have had good quality with each.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

We have been blessed with very capable people doing the broadcasts for all sports. I think they are both very different and do a great job. We will all never forget Scotty's call of Stacie Cizek making that 3 in the NCAA semi-final.

Look at it another way, we could be stuck listening to Joe Van Bore (Gore) who did our games for a short time before Imming at WNAX. That was brutal.

Thanks Scotty and keep it up Tyler!

SUPERBUNNY
                      MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SUPERBUNNY View Post
                        We have been blessed with very capable people doing the broadcasts for all sports. I think they are both very different and do a great job. We will all never forget Scotty's call of Stacie Cizek making that 3 in the NCAA semi-final.

Look at it another way, we could be stuck listening to Joe Van Bore (Gore) who did our games for a short time before Imming at WNAX. That was brutal.

Thanks Scotty and keep it up Tyler!

SUPERBUNNY
                        Upon completion of the womens basketball season, we will be searching for a new announcer. Tyler will finish Volleyball and Basketball, but has accepted a position with RC Post 22 baseball. My source for this info is my good friend, Tyler Merriam. I wish Tyler nothing but the best and I know he will remain a Jackrabbit fan forever.

Comment

Hey now Joe Van Goor is my cousin. Although I never got to hear his calls because I was in California. Since Norm Hilson died there is no one who can fill his shoes.

Comment

Originally posted by 1bunnies View Post
                            Upon completion of the womens basketball season, we will be searching for a new announcer. Tyler will finish Volleyball and Basketball, but has accepted a position with RC Post 22 baseball. My source for this info is my good friend, Tyler Merriam. I wish Tyler nothing but the best and I know he will remain a Jackrabbit fan forever.
                            Congrats to Tyler. Any idea what he will be doing with 22?

Comment

Originally posted by mango4 View Post
                              Congrats to Tyler. Any idea what he will be doing with 22?
                              Ad sales. Some coaching.
                              Holy nutmeg!

Comment

I will be sorry to see him go...he's got a great touch, very knowledgeable, and a great young man besides. But I sure wish him the best!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X