2008-09 Season about to tip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2008-09 Season about to tip

Alrighty boys and girls, Tuesday night marks the start of the women's season. They face Minnesota-Crookston at 7:00 Tuesday night. Come out and cheer on the women!

Re: 2008-09 Season about to tip

A quick reminder!

There will be a preview of the women's basketball team in Tuesday's Brookings Register. Check it out if you have a shot. I'll try to make sure it makes it online.

Comment

Thanks Blue! I will be there beside ya
      Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

Originally posted by thebluehatman View Post
        A quick reminder!

There will be a preview of the women's basketball team in Tuesday's Brookings Register. Check it out if you have a shot. I'll try to make sure it makes it online.
        Thanks BHM, for those of us exSDers it is nice to get the local news online. The Argus is ok but I really appreciate seeing updated Brookings Register articles. By the way it seems as if the Register has really improved covering SDSU sports and area sports in general.

Comment

Originally posted by boxerboy View Post
          Thanks BHM, for those of us exSDers it is nice to get the local news online. The Argus is ok but I really appreciate seeing updated Brookings Register articles. By the way it seems as if the Register has really improved covering SDSU sports and area sports in general.
          It's always good for the sports staff to have 3 college students working for beer money :-D I'm sure mango would agree

Comment

Originally posted by boxerboy View Post
            And recently!!!

Comment

Minnesota-Crookston's head coach Mike Roysland is the father of former Minnesota Gophers guard and current NDSU assistant Kelly Roysland. UM-C has played both NDSU and SDSU in exhibition games the past two seasons and lost 111-69 to the Bison last season, while falling 107-45 two years ago to the Jacks. This could be a field day for the women's team.

Comment

Due to election coverage, Tuesday's exhibition game will be broadcast on 93.7 FM.

Comment

found this on espn today, they have us as a 15 seed.
                  http://sports.espn.go.com/ncw/bracketology

Comment

Originally posted by jackrabbit_fan View Post
                    found this on espn today, they have us as a 15 seed.
                    http://sports.espn.go.com/ncw/bracketology

I'll take the 15 seed if it means playing in Iowa City, IA. That's a drive I'd do in a heartbeat!!

Go Jacks!!
                    SDSU...Passionate, Relentless, Champions.

Comment

Bring on those Lady Vols!

Comment

Originally posted by propar80 View Post
                        I'll take the 15 seed if it means playing in Iowa City, IA. That's a drive I'd do in a heartbeat!!

Go Jacks!!
                        We are better than a 15 seed and I bet we can come in as a 12 seed!

Comment

Originally posted by sdsurulz08 View Post
                          We are better than a 15 seed and I bet we can come in as a 12 seed!

I agree...it was more of a selfish post, considering the 15 seed may put SDSU close to home and would give them a chance to knock off one of the most legendary teams(Men or Women BB) of all time!!
                          Could you imagine how many Blue and Yellow fans would be in Iowa City if they we're to play UT? Scary and fun thought!!

Go Jacks!!
                          SDSU...Passionate, Relentless, Champions.

Comment

Got to play the games first.

Comment

well we scored over 100 but it was kinda ugly... the 2nd half was better but the first half our passes weren't as crisp as usual and it was kinda sloppy... there was a stretch in the first half where we couldn't buy a basket. All in all I'm looking forward to the season! Our depth is scary!
                              Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

Working...
                              X