'08-'09 Schedule

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '08-'09 Schedule

I'm not sure when the '08-'09 schedule will be released, but if anyone has any information as to who will be on the non-conference schedule post them here.

According to this article we will be playing the Gophers again this year on December 9th.

December kicks off with home games on Dec. 1 against St. Mary’s (Calif.), on Dec. 4 versus Boston College in the ACC/Big Ten Challenge tilt and a Dec. 9 meeting with South Dakota State. The Gophers wrap up their non-conference schedule on Dec. 21 at Iowa State.
    I know we are playing in Cancun and I thought I heard that Oregon will play in Brookings this year. If you have any other info regarding next years schedule, post it here.

Go Jacks!!!
    Go State!!!
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(") Feed the Rabbit!!

Re: '08-'09 Schedule

Home:Nov.4th-Minn-Crookston; 9th-SW MN State; 17th-Wisconsin;20th-Utah;23rd-Oregon.Dec.17th-UC Davis;21st-Valpo. Away:Nov 14th-Missouri;26th-28th-Cancun(Montana,Maryland,Illinois).Dec.9th-Minnesota;12th-Gonzaga,29th-Northern Iowa.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
      Home:Nov.4th-Minn-Crookston; 9th-SW MN State; 17th-Wisconsin;20th-Utah;23rd-Oregon.Dec.17th-UC Davis;21st-Valpo. Away:Nov 14th-Missouri;26th-28th-Cancun(Montana,Maryland,Illinois).Dec.9th-Minnesota;12th-Gonzaga,29th-Northern Iowa.
      Tell me again, why did SDSU go Division I ?

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
        I'd LOVE to SEE 9-2 (D-I only) out of that schedule. Every one of the home games should be possible, if not likely. I'd say that Maryland and Gonzaga appear to be the most likely to get tagged for a loss. Cancun should be an AMAZING trio of games as all are likely to be conference champs, or in the tourney. I am hoping that we'll be better early this year, as we have GREAT RPI opponents.

Comment

Originally posted by boxerboy View Post
          Tell me again, why did SDSU go Division I ?

That is an impressive schedule, I don't care where you play!

I still can't believe I won the silent auction of 2 courtside tickets at the Stan for my pick of Oregon, Utah or Wisconsin for $40. Would've paid $100 easy. I'd actually pay $40 for two just to get into Frost for these games!

Go Jacks!!
          SDSU...Passionate, Relentless, Champions.

Comment

I love the "we'll play anyone" approach. This is how you measure yourself against good programs. The SDSU women's program gets it that if you want to be the best you have to play and expect the best.

Comment

Originally posted by rabidrabbit View Post
              I'd LOVE to SEE 9-2 (D-I only) out of that schedule. Every one of the home games should be possible, if not likely. I'd say that Maryland and Gonzaga appear to be the most likely to get tagged for a loss. Cancun should be an AMAZING trio of games as all are likely to be conference champs, or in the tourney. I am hoping that we'll be better early this year, as we have GREAT RPI opponents.
              The Maryland game will be very winnable. Maryland lost two starters who were first round draft picks in the WNBA not to mention Jade Perry and Ashleigh Newman. They still have Marissa Coleman and Kristi Toliver (hero from 2006 championship year). Also, Sade' Wiley-Gatewood redshirted this year, if anyone remembers she started at Tennessee in 2006 when they were #1 in the nation before transferring to Maryland midseason. They also have Marah Strickland who started as a freshman.

The Terps had to battle to get past Coppin State in the first round of the NCAA tournament and pulled away late in a tight contest against Nebraska in the second round. I really think SDSU women can beat Maryland. Maryland will be voted as a top ten team this season because they have two All-American candidates returning and have had recent success.

Comment

The new schedule has just been released and here it is

http://argusleader.com/apps/pbcs.dll...DATES/80703027

The schedule

Exhibition
                Tue, Nov 04 – Minnesota-Crookston (Exhibition) Frost Arena 7 p.m.
                Sun, Nov 09 – Southwest Minnesota State (Exhibition) Frost Arena 2 p.m.
                Regular season
                Fri, Nov 14 – Missouri at Columbia, Mo. 6:30 p.m.
                Mon, Nov 17 – Wisconsin Frost Arena 7 p.m.
                Thu, Nov 20 – Utah Frost Arena 7 p.m.
                Sun, Nov 23 – Oregon Frost Arena 2 p.m.
                Wed, Nov 26 - Fri, Nov 28 – Cancun Tournament at Cancun, Mexico TBA
                Thu, Dec 04 – Centenary (La.) * Frost Arena 5 p.m.
                Sat, Dec 06 – Oral Roberts (Okla.) * Frost Arena 5 p.m.
                Tue, Dec 09 – Minnesota at Minneapolis, Minn. 7 p.m.
                Fri, Dec 12 – Gonzaga at Spokane, Wash. 7 p.m.
                Wed, Dec 17 – Cal-Davis Frost Arena 7 p.m.
                Sun, Dec 21 – Valparaiso Frost Arena 2 p.m.
                Mon, Dec 29 – Northern Iowa at Cedar Falls, Iowa 7 p.m.
                Sat, Jan 03 – IPFW * at Fort Wayne, Ind. TBA
                Mon, Jan 05 – Oakland (Mich.) * at Rochester, Mich. 7 p.m.
                Sat, Jan 10 – IUPUI * Frost Arena 5 p.m.
                Mon, Jan 12 – Western Illinois * Frost Arena 7 p.m.
                Sat, Jan 17 – Southern Utah * at Cedar City, Utah TBA
                Mon, Jan 19 – UMKC * at Kansas City, Mo. 7 p.m.
                Sat, Jan 24 – North Dakota State * Frost Arena 7 p.m.
                Sat, Jan 31 – Oakland (Mich.) * Frost Arena 5 p.m.
                Mon, Feb 02 – IPFW * Frost Arena 7 p.m.
                Sat, Feb 07 – Western Illinois * at Macomb, Ill. TBA
                Mon, Feb 09 – IUPUI * at Indianapolis, Ind. 7 p.m.
                Sat, Feb 14 – UMKC * Frost Arena 5 p.m.
                Mon, Feb 16 – Southern Utah * Frost Arena 7 p.m.
                Sat, Feb 21 – North Dakota State * at Fargo, N.D. 7 p.m.
                Sat, Feb 28 – Centenary (La.) * at Shreveport, La. TBA
                Mon, Mar 02 – Oral Roberts (Okla.) * at Tulsa, Okla. 7 p.m.
                Sat, Mar 07 - Tue, Mar 10 – The Summit League Championships at Sioux Falls, S.D. TBA

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

Wow, that's seven great games at Frost prior to Christmas. Makes me a little envious for you folks living near Brookings. I believe we will know an often lot about this team by then too.

Comment

A schedule like that also will attract recruits to SDSU. What player wouldn't want to play a schedule like that? Great job putting that schedule together.

Comment

Originally posted by JamesJacks View Post
                      A schedule like that also will attract recruits to SDSU. What player wouldn't want to play a schedule like that? Great job putting that schedule together.
                      Yes, BCS conference school's OOC's aren't any stronger than this. Jacks run into this with another 22+ win season, and NCAA tourney, SDSU will be locked and loaded to be the WBB of the Summit like Oral Roberts rules baseball.

Hopefully both football and women's basketball will be post season dancing this year.

Comment

Time to book a room in Sioux Falls for March 7-10th. Looking forward to seeing the men's schedule and then planning for some trips to Brookings this winter.
                        We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

I like how Wisconsin, Utah and Oregon are coming here. I don't see us dropping the Gophers but I like to see them have enough courage to come here. I think Minnesota thinks they are better than SDSU & NDSU so they won't go on the road against those teams. Or are they just scared in some sports? They could lose some recruits losing at home but they might lose more playing here.
                          It's a great schedule. I like how our women's team can take on all these "big dogs" and have a reasonable chance of winning.

Comment

Nebraska seems to be the same way. I think they canceled a return trip to Brookings a couple of years ago.

Comment

Going from memory, after SDSU ended Nebraska's home-opener win-streak at 24 games, I think Nebraska cancelled (bought its way out of) the next year's game at Nebraska. I don't think Nebraska had promised to come to SDSU.

Comment

Working...
                              X