'08-'09 Schedule

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: '08-'09 Schedule

You are probably right. Either way they are to scared to come to Brookings.

Comment

Looking at the Minnesota Gophers message board it looks like at least one person thinks SDSU is the scariest non conference opponent for the 08-09 season.

http://mnwomensbb.shortstreet.net/ph...pic.php?t=3439

Comment

Originally posted by JamesJacks View Post
        Looking at the Minnesota Gophers message board it looks like at least one person thinks SDSU is the scariest non conference opponent for the 08-09 season.

http://mnwomensbb.shortstreet.net/ph...pic.php?t=3439
        I'd have to agree with the poster over there who said Stanford (at Palo Alto) would be scarier than SDSU (not sure about Boston College being tougher than the Rabbits, although going .500 in a conference that includes Maryland and N. Carolina isn't chopped liver). I'd have to put SDSU in the top three or four tests on their non-conference schedule.
        "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

The crowd plays in to the "scary" part. SDSU has a strong following for WBB and has a history of coming out for games like Minnesota. They may play a quality opponent in front of a 1000 people in Boston, but the Gophers will come into a hostile Frost Arena when they play the Jacks.

Comment

Originally posted by PatKraning View Post
            The crowd plays in to the "scary" part. SDSU has a strong following for WBB and has a history of coming out for games like Minnesota. They may play a quality opponent in front of a 1000 people in Boston, but the Gophers will come into a hostile Frost Arena when they play the Jacks.
            That and the fact a Big Ten team is supposed to beat a Summit League team....Goopher fans don't expect them to beat Stanford....and how it hurts their recruiting when you get beat by a smaller school that recruits heavily in your backyard.
            Champions aren't made in the gyms. Champions are made from something they have deep inside them -- a desire, a dream, a vision.
            Muhammad Ali

Comment

Another reason it's scary for Gopher fans is that it's no secret that the Gopher staff will be outcoached against SDSU.

Comment

Originally posted by PatKraning View Post
                The Jacks travel to Minnesota.
                Minnesota probably won't come to Brookings. I can't see them doing it in the regular season and I don't see the Jacks hosting a WNIT game for quite a few years. That would be about the only way to get them to come here.

Comment

Originally posted by 91jack View Post
                  The Jacks travel to Minnesota.
                  Minnesota probably won't come to Brookings. I can't see them doing it in the regular season and I don't see the Jacks hosting a WNIT game for quite a few years. That would be about the only way to get them to come here.
                  Wow you guys always have a great schedule, I wish the Bison would schedule as many "name" teams as you do...for example this season we have Valley City State and Jamestown College on the home schedule...what the heck is that? No offense to those schools but we should not be playing NAIA schools unless its preseason exhibition. Anyway its not always like this - the Gophers did come to Fargo a couple years ago and somehow we beat them here...I'm sure they thought it would be a walk in the park. But I'm guessing the hostile atmosphere at the BSA and at Frost for WBB is much "scarier" for them than many of their conference games - have you watched some of the big ten women's crowds - pathetic. Anyway, hopefully you can get the Gophs to show up in Brookings soon - they WILL occassionaly venture out of the Barn!

Comment

Working...
                  X