Back in action: UMKC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Back in action: UMKC

Jackrabbit women return to action tonight, hosting UMKC. Game time is 7 p.m. and let's not let the enthusiasm generated by the weekend doubleheader stumble tonight with a poor crowd! This will be a much tougher contest than SUU, so we need help from the fans. See you all tonight!

Re: Back in action: UMKC

I hope it is a tougher contest! Yikes! That kind of reminded me of the old Presentation College days.

Good luck tonight to the ladies!

SUPERBUNNY
    MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

It will be interesting to see how the team plays tonight. They have definitely had some struggles and done a good job of playing through them. There have been injuries and everyone getting used to their roll on the team. Everything started to click Saturday night. I'm looking to see them continue that play and really send a message to the rest of the league that their team is really coming together and is going to be a force down the stretch.

The Jacks have a ton of talent and are going to be fun to watch the rest of the year!

SUPERBUNNY
      MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

So....what are they saying about us down in KC? From the Kangaroos' website:

The UMKC women’s basketball team concludes a two-game road swing at South Dakota State on Monday night. The game is set for a 7 p.m. tipoff from Frost Arena in Brookings, S.D. Alysa Klein sits just five points shy of the 1,000-point plateau as the Kangaroos seek their first road league win.
        About The Jackrabbits
        In his eighth year at South Dakota State, Aaron Johnston has put together a 182-61 career record, capped by a run to the championship game of last season’s WNIT tournament. The final league newcomer on the slate for UMKC, the Jackrabbits are currently sitting in the top half of the standings.
        Maria Boever and Jenn Warkenthien lead the Jackrabbit offense, averaging 12.6 and 12.5 pts/gm respectively. Kristen Rotert also chips in 10.9 points per game for South Dakota State on the campaign, with six players averaging better than eight points per contest. Boever and Warkenthien are also the team’s leading rebounders, averaging 6.6 and 6.5 each. From the guard slot, Andrea Verdegan hands out 3.5 assists per game and has grabbed 29 steals on the year.
        By The Numbers
        UMKC and South Dakota State are evenly matched in the overall shooting department, although the Jackrabbits hold nearly a five-percent edge from three-point range. Both teams are also shooting below 70 percent from the free throw line on....

Link to the full story on the UMKC site:
        http://www.umkckangaroos.com/ViewArt...B_OEM_ID=18300

Comment

Saturday night, UMKC lost in Fargo, NDSU 80, UMKC 62. Alyssa Klein is the Kangaroo to watch. She scored 26 points in Fargo.

Prediction time: SDSU's stifling defense baffles Klein and company, Jackrabbits 87, Kangaroos 52

Special prediction: Jacks#1fan, claiming to be a student because he's auditing an online course, makes the free throw at half time and wins $25.00 gift certificate at Cubbies.

Go Jackrabbits!

Comment

Ran into Megan Vogel today: She says UMKC is better than their record suggests. They have a good post player and a good 3.
            Holy nutmeg!

Comment

If the girls want to win the league they better win tonight. It looks to me like when they play defense everything just falls into place.

Comment

Somehow I have the Western Illinois and Centenary game feeding through on Jackrabbit Extra. Audio and Video? Not really what I want.
                LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

Working great on Summit TV. Scorebanner and everything!!
                  SDSU...Passionate, Relentless, Champions.

Comment

Games tied up 11-11.

Comment

Originally posted by 2002jack View Post
                      Games tied up 11-11.

??? I've Got 12-7 Jacks.
                      SDSU...Passionate, Relentless, Champions.

Comment

Originally posted by propar80 View Post
                        ??? I've Got 12-7 Jacks.
                        14-12 now.

Comment

Under 12 timeout

Jacks up 15-12.
                          "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

19-14...Western Illinois is 5-5 from the three point line. The Ladies need to gaurd against the three.

Comment

Well, I've restarted several times, and I still get WIU-Cent. through Jackrabbit Extra. I guess I'll go shovel the sidewalk.

The Westerwinds can really shoot.

Comment

Working...
                              X