Uni

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Uni

Fouls, Traveling & turnovers too....I don't recall ever seeing so much traveling called...and the refs missed a few too....layoff hurt
    Champions aren't made in the gyms. Champions are made from something they have deep inside them -- a desire, a dream, a vision.
    Muhammad Ali

Comment

I thought the game against UNI was well officiated. I'm willing to bet that most on here that are berating the officials have never worn an officiating uniform. A lot of our problems against UNI were the fact that it was the first time all season that all of the players were suited up. AJ alluded to that himself. Just remember when your pointing a finger and placing blame that there are 3 fingers pointing you.

Comment

Originally posted by 1bunnies View Post
        I thought the game against UNI was well officiated. I'm willing to bet that most on here that are berating the officials have never worn an officiating uniform. A lot of our problems against UNI were the fact that it was the first time all season that all of the players were suited up. AJ alluded to that himself. Just remember when your pointing a finger and placing blame that there are 3 fingers pointing you.
        So we have to be referees to recognize traveling now?

Should I upload the video of Rotert being called for traveling when she didn't have possession of the ball? I'm probably one of a very few people who watched the game in person and then again on video. The refs were anticipating a lot of things that didn't even happen. I realize it's not an easy job, but it seems to me there's a level of flow the refs can allow and in most of the games this year (for NCAA or whatever reasons) the flow has been non-existent.

To borrow a line from Forrest Gump: I'm not a smart man... but I know what traveling is.
        Holy nutmeg!

Comment

It's pretty easy to break down a video and say they missed one call. I say sign up, go to rules meetings, and start officiating.Then see just how easy it is. I'll bet money if you broke down video of the entire game there would be very few missed calls.

Comment

It's pretty easy to break down a video and say they missed one call. I say sign up, go to rules meetings, and start officiating.Then see just how easy it is. I'll bet money if you broke down video of the entire game there would be very few missed calls.
            Actually, I have broken down ALL of the video from ALL of the games this year, home and away. (I have to clip out highlights from them.) And the refereeing has been questionable in many of them. Lots of strange calls. On fouls, I'm willing to give the refs the benefit of the doubt, since the NCAA sets points of emphasis and players should adjust. But as both coaches have said in their coaches shows, it's difficult to adjust when nothing is called in one game, and every touch is called in the next.

But of course I'm not allowed to say any of that because I haven't refereed a game. I guess AJ and Coach Nagy aren't allowed to say that, either because they're just D1 basketball coaches.

By the way, where did I say it was easy? Does the phrase "I realize it's not an easy job" from my prior post ring a bell?
            Holy nutmeg!

Comment

I guess if breaking down video makes you a basketball rules expert, then you are a basketball rules expert. Congratulations.

Comment

I guess if breaking down video makes you a basketball rules expert, then you are a basketball rules expert. Congratulations.
                WOW!!! Touchy

Comment

But I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night.
                  @JacksFanInNeb

I've always believed that if someone wants to run a country, he should know how to run a tractor first.
                  --Steve Hartman, CBS Sunday

Comment

Working...
                  X