Uni

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Uni

Let's close out 2007 on Saturday at Frost Arena with a big win over UNI. 7:00 pm tip-off.

Re: Uni

I think the response to your post bears out my concern about this weekend, 1B.

I wonder what kind of crowd we are going to have for the women's game on Saturday night. The students aren't back, the Patriots game is being televised on NBC, CBS and NFL Network, etc. Looks like you and I are going to have yell extra hard.

Assume you saw the "lump of coal" tossed at the Jackrabbit women by the (now) sports editor Stu Whitney knocking them for not doing better this year. What a jerk! Lose a WNBA draftee, lose our returning second-top scorer to injury, and follow that with three more injuries, play a long road-trip series against some pretty good teams, and Stu feels he has to jump on the team.

See you at the game!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks#1Fan View Post
      I think the response to your post bears out my concern about this weekend, 1B.

I wonder what kind of crowd we are going to have for the women's game on Saturday night. The students aren't back, the Patriots game is being televised on NBC, CBS and NFL Network, etc. Looks like you and I are going to have yell extra hard.

Assume you saw the "lump of coal" tossed at the Jackrabbit women by the (now) sports editor Stu Whitney knocking them for not doing better this year. What a jerk! Lose a WNBA draftee, lose our returning second-top scorer to injury, and follow that with three more injuries, play a long road-trip series against some pretty good teams, and Stu feels he has to jump on the team.

See you at the game!!!
      Easy on Stu, he is a buddy of some one you complimented not to long ago. I do agree Stu seems to not be a friend of SDSU, not now, not ever. And to prevent smack drift, I wonder what is going on with the UNI women,s BB program. USD beat them in an exhibition game very soundly. I wish I could be at the game, but other commitments prevent that.

They appear to be a very young team and they have played Iowa and Minnesota within ten points, but have lost big time a few times. Here is their schedule

http://unipanthers.cstv.com/sports/w...kbl-sched.html

Comment

Jacks come in rated 97, Panthers 203.

At home, we need to demolish UNI.

BTW, Coyotes opened with a win against the Panthers!! We'll not hear the end of it from our USD posters if we fall to the Panthers.

GO JACKS!

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
          Easy on Stu, he is a buddy of some one you complimented not to long ago.
          Jacks#1 and I agree that Stu can be a jerk. That's his job. I'll bet we also agree that Stu's a pretty decent journalist.
          Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Maybe the Jacks new Nike shoes will do the trick. Having all road trips thus far in Decemeber has not been a good thing for the ladies either. Hope the coaches don't schedule like that again.

Comment

Originally posted by JacksRule View Post
              Maybe the Jacks new Nike shoes will do the trick. Having all road trips thus far in Decemeber has not been a good thing for the ladies either. Hope the coaches don't schedule like that again.
              Remember that the W. Kentcucky game was supposed to be on Dec. 3rd which was cancelled due to them overscheduling. That created the Dec. we had and the long road trip with no home games in between.

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post
                Jacks#1 and I agree that Stu can be a jerk. That's his job. I'll bet we also agree that Stu's a pretty decent journalist.
                I lost all respect for Stu(pid) when he called out the Roosevelt HS girls last year by name (and I'm far from being a Roosey fan)...for crying out loud...they were HS kids.
                Champions aren't made in the gyms. Champions are made from something they have deep inside them -- a desire, a dream, a vision.
                Muhammad Ali

Comment

Doesn anyone know if Ketty and Stacie O. will be back for Saturday night's game??

I see a winning streak of HUGE proportions in the upcomming weeks for the women!

Go Jacks!!
                  SDSU...Passionate, Relentless, Champions.

Comment

I hear Stacy will be, not Ketty until sometime after the 1st
                    Champions aren't made in the gyms. Champions are made from something they have deep inside them -- a desire, a dream, a vision.
                    Muhammad Ali

Comment

Kettie practiced this week, and said there is a 'chance' she could get in the game tonight. I'm guessing A.J. will wait one more week before we see her, but who knows, I guess we'll find out tonight!!

Comment

Even if Ketty and Stacie play today I would doubt they would have a big impact. It will take them a couple games to get their legs back and to be effective just like it took Jen a couple games.

This team is going to be very very good when they get everyone back and playing at 100%.

Comment

According to Terry everyone is dressed tonight....didn't say whether they will play or not, but its a good sign that they are dressed.

Comment

No tracking, no posts. Only Terry. 13-8 or am I missing something?

Comment

Originally posted by Grizzled_Jack View Post
                              No tracking, no posts. Only Terry. 13-8 or am I missing something?
                              I have the same house guests as last night (some family members will never leave!!! )

Live stats are at the usual location for the women:
                              http://gojacks.sdstate.edu/wbbstats/
                              "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Working...
                              X