Uni

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Uni

At least the pace is up 50-43. Giants/Pat game saves my Saturday.

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD
      I haven't heard an attendance figure yet but I checked with my son who is at the game and he said (shorthand text message) the crowd was "better than expected" whatever that means.
      Attendance courtesy of ArgusBlog.

Comment

Oistad has shot 8 FT's tonight........VOGEL-ESS

Comment

58-47 under two.

Comment

63-53 final with 53 turnovers. At least the pace picked up.

Comment

It's a win and we're getting healthy.

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
                It's a win and we're getting healthy.
                AMEN!

Comment

It's a win. All things considered, I thought the crowd was decent. Had our annual meet the parents night after the game. Spoke to AJ and he commented that this was the first game all season where everyone was suited up. It was great to see Stacie and Ketty back on the court. AJ commented that we now have to work on things that would have already been taken care by January if not for the injuries. Was nice to see Jen Warkenthein's fiance at the get together in an SDSU shirt. Her fiance is Blake Hojer, a football player from a school south of here.

Comment

Kind of like and old car I used to have, it was ugly, but it got me where I was going. The game last night was the same. Kinda ugly, but a win. Looked a little rusty and a lot of turnovers, missed open shots underneath and just looked like timing was off. Let's get the rust off and I think now that we are getting healthy, good things will come...

Comment

SDSU vs. UNI highlights on YouTube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NhU-PtWMltA
                      Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post
                        SDSU vs. UNI highlights on YouTube:
                        I'm not sure there were too many highlights from that game

Comment

Originally posted by thebluehatman View Post
                          I'm not sure there were too many highlights from that game
                          I'm going to have to agree with BHM. Yes, it was a win, but it VERY ugly. I was quite disappointed with the turnovers and poor execution. 25 points, not ten, should have been the margin.

Comment

Originally posted by NightHawk78 View Post
                            I'm going to have to agree with BHM. Yes, it was a win, but it VERY ugly. I was quite disappointed with the turnovers and poor execution. 25 points, not ten, should have been the margin.
                            I think the refs were also culpable. After watching the game again today, I'd have to say that 75 percent of the traveling calls (and there were a bunch) were bad calls. Both teams were victimized, and so were the fans, who were stuck watching a game with no flow whatsoever.

My favorite traveling call: Rotert is about to catch the ball under the hoop, she gets a hip check from a UNI player and shuffles her feet. Traveling. One problem... Rotert never actually possessed the ball until after the whistle blew... So UNI brings the ball down and naturally a payback traveling call is whistled. And of course, the UNI player didn't travel on that play.

And so it went throughout that ugly game. Note to refs: stop anticipating calls and let them play.
                            Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post
                              Note to refs: stop anticipating calls and let them play.
                              Amen to that. I thought we might see a higher quality of officiating with the move to DI, quite the opposite seems to be the case. I think three refs on the floor for women's basketball is one too many. A lot of calls that are made never should be. It just kills the flow of the game.

Another example, the FB games at CAS this year. The NDSU game was well officiated and flowed smoothly. The S. Utah game was quite the opposite with the officials nearly giving them the game. I'm still shaking my head when I think about the SU game and the officiating.
                              We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

I know the NCAA is trying to tighten up on fouls away from the ball, but the last two games I watched at Frost had absolutley no tempo thanks to the officiating. The WBB game with UNI and the MBB game against Idaho were hard to watch. Can't blame the players for the play, but with so many fouls being called, they just can't get into a rythm. Not much fun to watch when they are called that way.

Comment

Working...
                                X