• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: SDSU v. Valpo, Sunday, 12/16

60-all with a minute left.

Comment

Valp nails a trey with 43 ticks left...Verdegan misses.

Comment

Jacks cause a TO and get the ball back with under 25 seconds left...still down 63-60.

Comment

60-63 Vaplo. Jacks with ball with 24 seconds left.
          SDSU...Passionate, Relentless, Champions.

Comment

63-62 with 9.6 ticks left...need a steal or quick foul...

Comment

Rotert three misses...65-62 is the final.

Comment

Not the choice of shots I hoped for but oh well.

65-62 Valpo. A 6-5 record for the Jacks, not exactly what I expected to type today.

Need to get people healthy and GET TO WORK.

Go Jacks!

Comment

Didn't look like Rotert got a very good look at the basket. Valpo did a nice job of defending that last play. Tough loss for the Jacks.

Comment

I watched the entire game on HorizonTV. First of all, the quality of the webcast is noticably better than that of SummitTV. Oh yeah...and it worked the whole game, video and audio!!!

AJ said it best in his post-game interview. We just didn't make the plays when we needed to. We led in all statistical categories but FG %. He went as far as saying "we should have one this game." Said the game was lost in the last 2-3 minutes before the final possesions. We were up 3 with 1:45 to go and had the ball. We missed some FTs and had a 2 on 1 break and didn't even get a shot up. He also went on to say that upperclassman have to show more leadership. Said he's looking forward to getting back to practice and getting some confidence built. He sounded a bit more frustrated than he did after a couple of the other losses that I've listened to his interview.

I have to ask the question. Have we already taken ourselves out of the WNIT equation if we don't finish 1st or 2nd in the regular season Summit League standings? I know it is a bit early to be asking this question but with 5 losses already we really need to start playing better and get some Ws!!!

Comment

Originally posted by BTownJack View Post
                      I watched the entire game on HorizonTV. First of all, the quality of the webcast is noticably better than that of SummitTV. Oh yeah...and it worked the whole game, video and audio!!!

AJ said it best in his post-game interview. We just didn't make the plays when we needed to. We led in all statistical categories but FG %. He went as far as saying "we should have one this game." Said the game was lost in the last 2-3 minutes before the final possesions. We were up 3 with 1:45 to go and had the ball. We missed some FTs and had a 2 on 1 break and didn't even get a shot up. He also went on to say that upperclassman have to show more leadership. Said he's looking forward to getting back to practice and getting some confidence built. He sounded a bit more frustrated than he did after a couple of the other losses that I've listened to his interview.

I have to ask the question. Have we already taken ourselves out of the WNIT equation if we don't finish 1st or 2nd in the regular season Summit League standings? I know it is a bit early to be asking this question but with 5 losses already we really need to start playing better and get some Ws!!!

I would say we need to win the Summit regular season. AJ said at State for Staters in SF a month ago that he wasn't sure we'd get let in like last year with a 2nd place finish, considering we're still considered transition team. So the plan was to win games and not have to worry about it. I don't think he had 6-5 at this point in mind when he made that comment last month.
                      Like I said. IMO, we best win the Summit to get to the WNIT.

Go Jacks!!

Comment

With all the injuries that we have had, some teams would fold like an accordian, but I dont think that has happened to our team. Our true freshman are being tested very early and if we can get all the people back we will do much better. We should have been able to pull away on game like today. I watched it on the Horizon as well. It was great that audio/video worked through out the game. I am still kind of skeptical of streaming, but if you had been a vistor to Valpo, you would not have been admitted free of charge but would have maybe paid twice the streaming charge if not more. At least I got a feel for all this works. Older people need time to catch on and adjust.

Valpo had some good athletes, but I thought we should have beaten them and we would have with Kettie and Stacy back in the line up.

Its an interesting question about the WNIT. I suspect if we tighten up in places we could have a win streak. Its a while back, but the 1963 National Championship team started off kind of slow. Except for one late season loss to Morningide in Sioux City, most of the losses were in the early part of the season. The point is there is a lot of ball left to play and how we fair makes a big difference. I assume we are eligble for the Summit Tourney in March, and what happens if SDSU wins that? We are not eligible for the big dance so I suppose the runners-up would take our place in the Big Dance.

Comment

Originally posted by propar80 View Post
                          I would say we need to win the Summit regular season. AJ said at State for Staters in SF a month ago that he wasn't sure we'd get let in like last year with a 2nd place finish, considering we're still considered transition team. So the plan was to win games and not have to worry about it. I don't think he had 6-5 at this point in mind when he made that comment last month.
                          Like I said. IMO, we best win the Summit to get to the WNIT.

Go Jacks!!
                          That seems odd to me that we wouldn't get in if we finished 2nd considering we were a transition team last year. I don't see the difference unless they changed the rules this year.

But your right...it comes down to us having to win more games. Things will then take care of themselves.

Comment

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think we're elgible for the Summit tourney until next season. The 1985 Runner-up team also started slow. After a 1st round loss in the old holiday tourney, Mike Round and Mark Schultz replaced Arvis Young and Bob Ladeceur(sp) and the rest is history.

Comment

Originally posted by 1bunnies View Post
                              Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think we're elgible for the Summit tourney until next season. The 1985 Runner-up team also started slow. After a 1st round loss in the old holiday tourney, Mike Round and Mark Schultz replaced Arvis Young and Bob Ladeceur(sp) and the rest is history.
                              Umm...we are ineligible for the Summit League tourney this year...and...this is a women's BB thread so the reference to the 1985 runner-up team is confusing...or maybe it was intentional?

Comment

Originally posted by BTownJack View Post
                                Umm...we are ineligible for the Summit League tourney this year...and...this is a women's BB thread so the reference to the 1985 runner-up team is confusing...or maybe it was intentional?
                                I guess I am guilty of getting us a bit off track. There was a reference to a 6-5 record to date and that it was not expected. I cited the 1963 season because the team got off to a slow start in terms of wins and loses. 1bunnies then brought the 1985 that had a similar experience. The point in bringing up these two seasons is that there is a lot of basketball left in the season. So the fact that both are men's seasons does not mean its necessairly off topic. The point is still relevent towards women's basketball. You might start slow but you can finish strong. This could still happen to SDSU women's program. Does this help you out?

Thanks for clarifying the Summit Tourney eligiblity. I did not know we were not eligibie. I think having a strong finish for the women this year is not out of the question. Thats my one and only point. Forgot also, that even NCAA big dance involves money so I can see why the Summit would deny access of transitional members to the Summit tourney.
                                Last edited by Nidaros; 12-17-2007, 06:49 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X