No announcement yet.

GDT: Jackrabbits vs Utes 9pm McCarthey Athletic Center ESPNU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Somebody mentioned earlier having 2 groups of five rotating. Not sure I am a fan of that, but it is the off season now. Any guesses how those sets of five would look? Would you go first team/second team or try and even them out a bit?
    One hand points to campus...the other to the liquor store.

Comment

Depends on the matchup, I think AJ does that as well as anyone in the country. He puts in a specific gameplan for each opponent. Unlike this year; next year we can go big, small, rebound, shoot or defensive focused.

With P Meyer, Timmer, Byom, Meyer and Theisen; they aren't giving up 60 points and zero offensive rebounds. This won't be the starting 5, just an example of a lineup one may see against a bigger opponent in the tourney. Although we may still give up size, we will give up zero in strength and toughness.

AJ will have his pick of horses in the stable for each race course. Horses for courses, as they say.

Comment

Originally posted by ringthebells View Post
        Somebody mentioned earlier having 2 groups of five rotating. Not sure I am a fan of that, but it is the off season now. Any guesses how those sets of five would look? Would you go first team/second team or try and even them out a bit?
        We will have so many great players next year, it would be a waste not to use as many as you can, we can wear down teams as a bonus Of course. it will take time to gel and get used to playing with each other, and playing at the D1 college level for the newbies.

Comment

Originally posted by jacks1 View Post
          Vasecka at PG? No chance.
          No chance? I'm not saying that she will, but that is what her primary position was in high school.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackrabbit2012 View Post

No chance? I'm not saying that she will, but that is what her primary position was in high school.
            no you are correct 2012. some people just like to be negative and argumentative.

it seems likely she would never be our main PG
            BUT Tori played PG for us and Vasecka is definitely coming in with more PG experience and skills than Tori had / has
            I would say this is one of many areas where Vasecka will end up being similar to Myah. Myah probably played more the 4 as her main position and Vasecka will probably most often play the 3 or the 2, but both of them definitely had the ability to run the team and make plays for their teammates

Comment

Originally posted by Jackrabbit2012 View Post

So was Sheppards. Abdouch is the most true PG of the incoming 5. Fox is a shooting guard while Vasecka is a CG. Sheppard is the 3-4 hybrid and Dunn is a pretty true post player. So nice position variety in this group.

Comment

Originally posted by SteelSD View Post

So was Sheppards. Abdouch is the most true PG of the incoming 5. Fox is a shooting guard while Vasecka is a CG. Sheppard is the 3-4 hybrid and Dunn is a pretty true post player. So nice position variety in this group.
                I agree that Abdouch is a more true PG than Vasecka. I just wouldn't go as far as saying there is no chance that Vasecka will play PG at SDSU. Sheppard and Vasecka have completely difference skillsets.

Comment

When the five frosh played AAU ball, who ran the point?

Comment

In only saw the game in Chicago championship on TV, but Fox handled the ball a lot. She was smoking that day. Her and Vaseka were raining threes and driving the lane. Sheppard and Abdouch were pretty quiet but were complimenting the hot hands.

Comment

• Originally posted by LetsGoRabbits View Post

no you are correct 2012. some people just like to be negative and argumentative.

it seems likely she would never be our main PG
                      BUT Tori played PG for us and Vasecka is definitely coming in with more PG experience and skills than Tori had / has
                      I would say this is one of many areas where Vasecka will end up being similar to Myah. Myah probably played more the 4 as her main position and Vasecka will probably most often play the 3 or the 2, but both of them definitely had the ability to run the team and make plays for their teammates
                      I see it similarly. Hopefully we have good enough post players we don’t need to play her at the post a lot and we have good enough point guards that we don’t have to play her at the point guard much either. Having the flexibility to play her wherever she matches up to cause havoc with our opponents will be beneficial. AJ likes position flexibility, but it’s interesting he hasn’t been bringing in a lot of longer point guards the past couple years. He knows more about basketball in his pinky finger than I will ever know so I will trust his judgement.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sodakbull View Post
                        In only saw the game in Chicago championship on TV, but Fox handled the ball a lot. She was smoking that day. Her and Vaseka were raining threes and driving the lane. Sheppard and Abdouch were pretty quiet but were complimenting the hot hands.
                        That's the only game I saw as well. I remember Fox playing a lot at the top of the key. Wasn't there a 6th player that actually started and one of the players the Jacks signed ( Abdouch ?) came off the bench ?

Comment

• Alex Flattery from Sioux City was on the team that started too. She seemed to be really in synch with Fox and Vaseka. Looks like she has committed to play at Kearney. Dunn did not play on the team so there was only 4 future jacks on the team.

Comment

• Originally posted by Roy View Post
                            When the five frosh played AAU ball
                            I found it, the game LINK.

It was also viewed live on ESPNU RIGHT AFTER THE Nike EYBL Championship winner was crowned. This was the inaugural event (2022, 17 U) of the newly established Nike basketball circuit, the Champions League. I ORIGINALY HAD THE FULL GAME BOOKMARKED, BUT HAD TO RESET MY COMPUTER AND LOST IT.

Last edited by jackdaniel; 03-25-2024, 08:04 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sodakbull View Post
                              Alex Flattery from Sioux City was on the team that started too. She seemed to be really in synch with Fox and Vaseka. Looks like she has committed to play at Kearney. Dunn did not play on the team so there was only 4 future jacks on the team.
                              Also , Brooklyn Stanley , Heelan HS Sioux City, and Ashlyn Koupal's older sister Macy Koupal (Wagner HS) played on the team ( going to Dordt}.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bozemaniac View Post

I'm hoping for a return of the hockey line change that we used to do with some previous teams.
                                At least One Line Change every 3-4-minutes - pray for good health for all players

Comment

Working...
                                X