No announcement yet.

GDT: Jackrabbits vs Utes 9pm McCarthey Athletic Center ESPNU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Playing short handed, as they have all season, against a good team is hard. YJ7 has it right, "getting Timmer, Theisen, Vlastuin, and Behrens back will be huge." Rotating that group into the game last night would've made a big difference.

I hope AJ can hold this team together. Big things are coming.
    You know that you're over the hill when your mind makes a promise that your body can't fill. - L. George

Comment

Next year could be a team for the ages. I just hope we can get a great non-conference schedule so that if we make the tourney we can have a decent seed. Go Jacks!!
      One hand points to campus...the other to the liquor store.

Comment

... and that the injury plague doesn't continue as it has in the past. If not, agree, it could be an issue of how to play so many talented players. Lets hope for that.

Comment

Couldn't adapt to their speed. 19 to's and 33% shooting. Defense was there.

Comment

Originally posted by tbcruiser View Post
            ... and that the injury plague doesn't continue as it has in the past. If not, agree, it could be an issue of how to play so many talented players. Lets hope for that.
            I'm hoping for a return of the hockey line change that we used to do with some previous teams.

Comment

Originally posted by Bozemaniac View Post

I'm hoping for a return of the hockey line change that we used to do with some previous teams.
              Barring major injuries again, it's hard to imagine how AJ will even get everyone proper playing time next year. Hopefully a good problem to have, but there will be a lot of talent (11-12 deep) that really deserve minutes.

Comment

Last night was a bummer, but that was one of my favorite seasons as a WBB fan overall. Pretty amazing.

I’d no one transfers we’ll lose one player and add 9. The talent and experience coming off the bench will be unlike anything we’ve seen.

Comment

Originally posted by naters_gonna_nate View Post

Barring major injuries again, it's hard to imagine how AJ will even get everyone proper playing time next year. Hopefully a good problem to have, but there will be a lot of talent (11-12 deep) that really deserve minutes.
                  AJ usually doesn't redshirt players, but its likely at least a couple of next year's class will go that route. Especially if everyone returns from the current roster.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post

AJ usually doesn't redshirt players, but its likely at least a couple of next year's class will go that route. Especially if everyone returns from the current roster.
                    honestly before this year, i would have said Vasecka starts next year ahead of Ellie and Hopp and Maddy V, but the experience they gained this year was HUGE. and i am not sure if Vasecka and Abdouch weigh 150 lbs if they stand on the scale together, so it is not impossible to see us relying very heavily on the returning players next year and the freshman given plenty of time to get their feet on the ground

that said, when the freshman get there in may or june, I will also not be surprised if Vasecka and maybe one other, have the ability to raise their game to the players around them

Comment

Last night was the same story for the WBB team as it has been all season. SDSU wanted to feed the ball down low and let B Meyer take over the game. When teams would double or triple team her somebody had to make shots. You had P. Meyer, M. Vlastuin (early season), E. Colbeck (more so late season) or M. Mathiowentz that would make defenses be honest. Last night, T, Nelson hit two 3's in a short stretch but nobody could make the defense honest. The 25% on long balls and 10 missed free throws were killers.
                      I do understand that 19 TO's is too many but if the defense has to be more honest, B. Meyer wouldn't be going against triple teams all game.

Comment

Originally posted by LetsGoRabbits View Post

honestly before this year, i would have said Vasecka starts next year ahead of Ellie and Hopp and Maddy V, but the experience they gained this year was HUGE. and i am not sure if Vasecka and Abdouch weigh 150 lbs if they stand on the scale together, so it is not impossible to see us relying very heavily on the returning players next year and the freshman given plenty of time to get their feet on the ground

that said, when the freshman get there in may or june, I will also not be surprised if Vasecka and maybe one other, have the ability to raise their game to the players around them
                        I think a couple of the newcomers that they see playing PG will get some minutes to have someone with experience ready to take over when Paige is done after next season. I don't see anyone currently on the roster capable of that. It's going to be hard to not give Vasecka some minutes with her length and skillset.

Comment

I think a couple of the newcomers that they see playing PG will get some minutes to have someone with experience ready to take over when Paige is done after next season. I don't see anyone currently on the roster capable of that. It's going to be hard to not give Vasecka some minutes with her length and skillset.
                          There may or may not be a play ready PG in the incoming group, but recall that Paige was a freshman when she started as PG. A sturdy & reliable player may be among that group to expect playing time. Is Vasecka a replacement for Tori? Or will that be Timmie?
                          Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post

There may or may not be a play ready PG in the incoming group, but recall that Paige was a freshman when she started as PG. A sturdy & reliable player may be among that group to expect playing time. Is Vasecka a replacement for Tori? Or will that be Timmie?
                            The fifth player in the starting lineup will be interesting. I see the two Meyers, Timmer and Theisen as givens. I would want a good perimeter shooter as the other starter. Vlastuin (if healthy) or Mathiowetz would fit the bill from the current roster. I'm sure some of the newcomers will be part of the rotation. I never saw enough of Behrens in high school to know what she brings. Does she have a perimeter game, or is she more of an inside player ?

Comment

The fifth player in the starting lineup will be interesting. I see the two Meyers, Timmer and Theisen as givens. I would want a good perimeter shooter as the other starter. Vlastuin (if healthy) or Mathiowetz would fit the bill from the current roster. I'm sure some of the newcomers will be part of the rotation. I never saw enough of Behrens in high school to know what she brings. Does she have a perimeter game, or is she more of an inside player ?
                              I think Behrens is going to more of a Maddie V type of player. Unless we have multiple injuries, you have to assume Sheppard and Dunn are redshirting. I see Fox as being a Guebert type player that is just going to be a sniper from three, but I'm not sure she is going to be quick enough to create her own shot off the dribble. So I would say that would leave Vasecka and Addouch to be the heir to the PG position.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackrabbit2012 View Post

I think Behrens is going to more of a Maddie V type of player. Unless we have multiple injuries, you have to assume Sheppard and Dunn are redshirting. I see Fox as being a Guebert type player that is just going to be a sniper from three, but I'm not sure she is going to be quick enough to create her own shot off the dribble. So I would say that would leave Vasecka and Addouch to be the heir to the PG position.
                                Vasecka at PG? No chance.
                                "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Working...
                                X