GDT: bison vs Jackrabbits SLT Championship 3:30pm Premier Center CBSSN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GoJacks2011 View Post
    8 turnovers…yet we are up 1. I guess I’ll take that. Offense looks like it can have its way as long as we don’t turn it over. Both teams understandably tight.
    One other bright spot is no foul trouble as of now.

Comment

Bison are packing the paint and making Brooklyn work for every inch of space. 8 turnovers for the Jacks in first quarter, and have gotten up only half the shots. Bison 5-17 (29%), Jacks 5-9 (56%). Four blocks for the good guys, and a 11-10 lead after the first ten minutes.

Need to settle down and take care of this ball. No need to be forcing it in places or making wildly errant passes.

Comment

Missing plenty of layups, albeit they are contested ones... TO's still a problem. Still scoreless through 4+ minutes this quarter. C'mon ladies!

Comment

Paige Meyer with our first 3 of the day (1-5 now)! Crowd is buzzing now... just needing something real to cheer for.

Comment

They have been so intent on getting the ball into Brooklyn whether she is open or not.

Comment

Foul trouble won’t be an issue for either team probably. We have got to stop turning it over. They’re physical but we need to stop being tentative. Going to have to hit some outside shots to
              open up the paint. We should be down by far more than 1.

Comment

They have been letting them play pretty well both ways, which I definitely appreciate. Mathiowetz knocking down back-to-back 3s was huge. Need to hit some more of those 3s to open up the paint

Comment

Thank God Mathiowetz hit those. What a rough quarter for both sides. We are doing well to be up two. I think we come out more settled in the third. Brooklyn needs to go off and we need a few more three’s to fall.

Annoying to see another halftime three go in when we guard them well.

Comment

Bison get off a banked 3 with less than 0.1 left... yikes. Jacks up 22-20 at the half. In a battle! Take care of the ball, and hit the shots behind the arc... Jacks at 13 turnovers already, but have 7 blocks. Winning the rebounding battle 20-15, though they've put up 8 extra missed shots too.

Only two FTs shot that entire half for either team, with Paige hitting 1 of 2. No points of the bench for either team either.

I know we're in the middle of a fight, but can I just say how great it is to see the Bison women be good and relevant?! Maybe I'll regret saying that... but it wasn't too long ago that they were lucky to have double digits in the season win column. The Summit needs more consistently good programs on the women's side.

Comment

Tied up, 32-all. 5:22 left in the 3rd. Both teams heating up, and fouls starting to be called. Byom with two quick ones for her 3rd

Comment

Turnovers, offensive rebounds given up, and a few tough calls agains the Jacks. Not a great third quarter. We need Brooklyn to go off.

Comment

A small run at the end of the 3rd gets a small lead. NDSU hit a layup right at the end of the quarter. 42-39 Jacks.

Comment

Might not be the prettiest game but what a dogfight. As soon as we get some space they come back. Glad Brooklyn is hitting her free throws. Doesn’t feel like either team will pull away.

Comment

Originally posted by GoJacks2011 View Post
                              Might not be the prettiest game but what a dogfight. As soon as we get some space they come back. Glad Brooklyn is hitting her free throws. Doesn’t feel like either team will pull away.
                              It was a mistake for me to try to work while this was on. I sure hope Jacks get some separation

Comment

Nelson for 3! 10-0 run for the Jacks. 57-46.

Comment

Working...
                                X