GDT: bison vs Jackrabbits SLT Championship 3:30pm Premier Center CBSSN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GDT: bison vs Jackrabbits SLT Championship 3:30pm Premier Center CBSSN

HC Jory Collins has made the final game in the SLT. NDSU held ORU to 0-8 from 3pt and 36% overall on 69 shots. The bison have had a solid year with 21 wins. This is bound to be a physical game. The Jackrabbits have done a great job of limiting minutes for the short bench which should keep players as rested as possible. Brooklyn was able to play 35 minutes last night after a shortened game Saturday due to fouls. This game can cap off a great conference season for the Jackrabbits. Bring home another SLT championship. Go Jacks!!
    Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

listened to the girls on the radio while i was working yesterday, but didnt even try to catch the ORU v NDSU game. any thoughts why bison had 3 starters play about 20 minutes, including Evans? one of them Draper fouled out so that probably explains her minutes, but her being in foul trouble would have seem to force Evans and all the other starters to play more, but Evans played just 20 minutes. from the stats, it also appears that she did not play well when she was in- 0 for 3 on 3s and only 4 boards and 1 assist to go with 3 turnovers

Comment

Originally posted by LetsGoRabbits View Post
      listened to the girls on the radio while i was working yesterday, but didnt even try to catch the ORU v NDSU game. any thoughts why bison had 3 starters play about 20 minutes, including Evans? one of them Draper fouled out so that probably explains her minutes, but her being in foul trouble would have seem to force Evans and all the other starters to play more, but Evans played just 20 minutes. from the stats, it also appears that she did not play well when she was in- 0 for 3 on 3s and only 4 boards and 1 assist to go with 3 turnovers
      Evans was in foul trouble throughout and never really got in a rhythm.

Comment

Originally posted by SteelSD View Post
        again, I did not see or hear the game. she did end the game with only 3. but I guess that means she had 2 early and played very little in the first half. picked up the 3rd early in the second half and never picked up another one but could not get into rhythm when she got back in the game

Draper on the other hand must have gotten into a great rhythm, despite foul problems. fouled out in only 23 minutes but had 18 points to tie for team lead

expecting NDSU to come out guns blazing today. it would be very nice if Maddie could have her 3rd Q from yesterday in the 1st Q today. i would not be opposed to her repeating it in the 2nd and 3rd Qs either, haha!

Comment

Originally posted by SteelSD View Post
          sorry did not mean to sound unappreciative. thank you for the info!

Comment

Originally posted by LetsGoRabbits View Post

again, I did not see or hear the game. she did end the game with only 3. but I guess that means she had 2 early and played very little in the first half. picked up the 3rd early in the second half and never picked up another one but could not get into rhythm when she got back in the game

Draper on the other hand must have gotten into a great rhythm, despite foul problems. fouled out in only 23 minutes but had 18 points to tie for team lead

expecting NDSU to come out guns blazing today. it would be very nice if Maddie could have her 3rd Q from yesterday in the 1st Q today. i would not be opposed to her repeating it in the 2nd and 3rd Qs either, haha!
            Evans got 2 in the 1st quarter and her 3rd early in the 3rd. The lead was double digits nearly that whole time she was sitting so I don’t think Jordy really felt the need to push her back in. But think that sitting really kept her from getting in a flow in the game.

Draper had a good game but then ORU is a high possession team who is undersized and isn’t particularly interested in defense. They are looking to overplay passing lanes and get steals. If that fails they give up a high shooting percentage. The Bison bigs were having success throughout.

Comment

stream link for those without cable. Hopefully this site will still be available next year.
              https://thetvapp.to/tv/cbs-sports-network-live-stream/
              ad blocks are always recommended

Comment

Can we win one more with this team held together by duct tape and wood glue? I’ll be impressed (and maybe a little surprised) if they knock off a very good NDSU team a 3rd time.

The last two games have shown how effective it is to muck up the paint against the Jacks. Now we get to see a team with much better athletes take a go at it. Should be fun.

Comment

The Summit League social media account just posted a video of the two teams getting off the bus for the game, and Paige Meyer is in a walking boot. When did this happen? She was in uniform, so I am assuming she is still playing.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackrabbit2012 View Post
                    The Summit League social media account just posted a video of the two teams getting off the bus for the game, and Paige Meyer is in a walking boot. When did this happen? She was in uniform, so I am assuming she is still playing.
                    She left the floor here in Denver and went behind the bench and was attended to by the trainer. They were clearly working on her foot/ankle. She went back into the game afterward. My guess is it's an on-going issue and probably precautionary.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackrabbit2012 View Post
                      She's as tough as they come. 98Jackfarmer commented on the boot during the ORU game thread a month ago, and GoJacks2011 suggested she's been wearing it between games. There's a been at least two games since then where she's had a noticeable hitch in her step at times. One of those games she was hopping on one foot after taking free throws / jumpers while playing through it.

Comment

nice to see Mesa appears to be moving normally after ending the game yesterday a bit gimpy

Comment

Hopefully the Jacks will come playing well from the beginning. They've come out tight in the first two games, before finally opening up in the 4th quarter. It would be nice to see Maddie and Ellie hit some perimeter shots right away.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                            Hopefully the Jacks will come playing well from the beginning. They've come out tight in the first two games, before finally opening up in the 4th quarter. It would be nice to see Maddie and Ellie hit some perimeter shots right away.
                            Coming out tight is the answer again. Five turnovers through the first 5 minutes. I expect them to come out of this timeout in a better way!

Comment

8 turnovers…yet we are up 1. I guess I’ll take that. Offense looks like it can have its way as long as we don’t turn it over. Both teams understandably tight.

Comment

Working...
                              X