Postseason

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jakejc795 View Post

I think your point regarding subtle differences between coaches could also be applied to Caitlin Clark and Angel Reese. While Reese is more annoying and "unsportsmanlike" to me, Clark has irked me too.

I guess I've been spoiled by Jacks players and coaches.
    Clark is very fun to watch play but NO NO, I do not care for her antics either. If i was her coach, I would be like, act like you made a shot before maybe. honestly, Baylor does a bit of this himself and Luke does way more of it than i would ever like

Comment

Originally posted by LetsGoRabbits View Post

Clark is very fun to watch play but NO NO, I do not care for her antics either. If i was her coach, I would be like, act like you made a shot before maybe. honestly, Baylor does a bit of this himself and Luke does way more of it than i would ever like
      It is hard to find that line between exuberance and mild to over the top trash talking. It is fine for me to watch young athletes celebrate success. It is also over done many times.
      Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by jakejc795 View Post

I think your point regarding subtle differences between coaches could also be applied to Caitlin Clark and Angel Reese. While Reese is more annoying and "unsportsmanlike" to me, Clark has irked me too.

I guess I've been spoiled by Jacks players and coaches.
        Reese is worse than Clark but I think Clark should have got a T when she headbutted the ball into press row in the round of 16 (I think). The officials don't "control" the game like they used to. Zeke has had a few T's for SDSU men's team for arguing but there are very few T's called against players that deserve them. Clark argues all the time. LSU and South Carolina had several players that should have been suspended for their actions but the NCAA can't do that anymore.
        The NCAA is turning into semipro sports without a salary cap. The athletes act like entilted professional athletes. I did not miss Kevin Garnett when he didn't play college ball and I'm sure I would miss any of the players now either.

Comment

I guess I'm just getting Caitlyn Clark overload. She's a great player, but watching both the men's and women's tournaments, it seems I see a commercial featuring her at least once every hour. I walk past the magazine section and see a Caitlyn Clark magazine. She will likely be a millionaire before she plays a minute of professional basketball. Does she have more skills than most ? Absolutely. But she doesn't likely work any harder than hundreds of other players, who will go through their careers earning nothing but the joy of playing the game they love. Just wish the wealth could be spread out a bit.

Comment

Originally posted by LetsGoRabbits View Post

I'm rooting for the Hawkeyes today, but I'll take watching the Jacks over watching them any day.

Maci Michelson was one of my favorite "'emotional' Jacks of yore" to watch. You could always tell when the Jacks were on a run and/or made a defensive stop when she was playing

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
              I guess I'm just getting Caitlyn Clark overload. She's a great player, but watching both the men's and women's tournaments, it seems I see a commercial featuring her at least once every hour. I walk past the magazine section and see a Caitlyn Clark magazine. She will likely be a millionaire before she plays a minute of professional basketball. Does she have more skills than most ? Absolutely. But she doesn't likely work any harder than hundreds of other players, who will go through their careers earning nothing but the joy of playing the game they love. Just wish the wealth could be spread out a bit.
              If you google NIL rankings, Caitlin Clark ranks 4th at $3.1M so(I think) she is already a millionaire. Angel Reese ranks 8th with $1.8M. Flau'jae Johnson (4th women- 19th overall) $1.1M.- The LSU gymnastics athlete (Livvy Dunne) was he highest paid on the womens side making $3.2 valuation.
              LSU has 3 of the top 4 highest paid "college" athletes.

Side bar- Dions Sanders kid makes $4.1M and Travis Hunter makes $1.8M so Colorado pays their football players well.

Comment

Originally posted by 91jack View Post

Reese is worse than Clark but I think Clark should have got a T when she headbutted the ball into press row in the round of 16 (I think). The officials don't "control" the game like they used to. Zeke has had a few T's for SDSU men's team for arguing but there are very few T's called against players that deserve them. Clark argues all the time. LSU and South Carolina had several players that should have been suspended for their actions but the NCAA can't do that anymore.
                The NCAA is turning into semipro sports without a salary cap. The athletes act like entilted professional athletes. I did not miss Kevin Garnett when he didn't play college ball and I'm sure I would miss any of the players now either.
                I can't argue with that ranking. I would say Reese ranks above Sjerven, who ranks above Clark when it comes to how the players whine/lobby officials without consideration for how their play/reactions may impact officiating

Comment

Originally posted by 91jack View Post

If you google NIL rankings, Caitlin Clark ranks 4th at $3.1M so(I think) she is already a millionaire. Angel Reese ranks 8th with $1.8M. Flau'jae Johnson (4th women- 19th overall) $1.1M.- The LSU gymnastics athlete (Livvy Dunne) was he highest paid on the womens side making $3.2 valuation.
                  LSU has 3 of the top 4 highest paid "college" athletes.

Side bar- Dions Sanders kid makes $4.1M and Travis Hunter makes $1.8M so Colorado pays their football players well.
                  I wonder how much Clark is getting for the State Farm ad.

I should concede that one benefit of the ad is that it could serve to reduce the number of people who ask if I'm "Jake from State Farm"

Comment

After watching the whiny, poor sportsmanship mess that was the Iowa-LSU game (I know, I know... it could have been far worse still --- LSU has proven that), the UConn-USC game was a breath of fresh air. I was very impressed with all the UConn players and how they carried themselves. They of course showed their competitive frustration from time to time, but from what I saw, it always stayed in the respectful realm. Really, USC for the most part too.

My kids were already in bed, but I know for sure UConn's Qadence Samuels would have been their favorite, because she has "Minnie Mouse" ears! Ha!

Crazy to think the Jacks women just beat USC last year in the tournament, although they have certainly changed quite a bit...

Also of note - UConn has also been hit hard by injuries this year - and played two 6'3" girls tonight, then everyone else is 6'0" or less. Shows that on the women's side, fantastic guard play can carry you an awful long ways in this tournament too.

Comment

Originally posted by RahRahRabbits View Post
                      After watching the whiny, poor sportsmanship mess that was the Iowa-LSU game (I know, I know... it could have been far worse still --- LSU has proven that), the UConn-USC game was a breath of fresh air. I was very impressed with all the UConn players and how they carried themselves. They of course showed their competitive frustration from time to time, but from what I saw, it always stayed in the respectful realm. Really, USC for the most part too.

My kids were already in bed, but I know for sure UConn's Qadence Samuels would have been their favorite, because she has "Minnie Mouse" ears! Ha!

Crazy to think the Jacks women just beat USC last year in the tournament, although they have certainly changed quite a bit...

Also of note - UConn has also been hit hard by injuries this year - and played two 6'3" girls tonight, then everyone else is 6'0" or less. Shows that on the women's side, fantastic guard play can carry you an awful long ways in this tournament too.
                      The Jacks have played a lot of upper seeded teams that have participated in the NCAA Tournament & beat some of them, we beat NC State in our pre-season schedule a year before they started to get a lot of attention and showing up more & more in the top 25 polls, Notre Dame , UCLA, Va Tech, Syracuse, Baylor (too many) , SC gamecocks,USC, Stanford. We haven't shied away from playing the best, but we've never faced UConn, which I'd like to see at some time or another. I love the Mini Mouse hairdo's , adds fun to the game for the kids and some adults too.

Comment

according to Fargo's Inforum.........Elle Evans has entered the portal. could she possibly be going to Illinois?

Comment

Originally posted by rimmer View Post
                          according to Fargo's Inforum.........Elle Evans has entered the portal. could she possibly be going to Illinois?
                          Losing both her and Hamling is going to hit that program hard.

Comment

Just when we get someone to challenge us a little bit in the Summit Conference , they lose their best players to the portal, it's a shame.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post

Losing both her and Hamling is going to hit that program hard.
                              Evans is a big loss. I would not feel too bad for Jory yet. He has a few younger players who all had some playing time this year. He only had 2 Minnesota girls signed for the early NLI. He is more likely to build with young talent vs lots of portal activity. He may be forced into the portal to keep his roster deeper. He only has 9 players with the 2 early recruits. NDSU could easily be preseason 2nd place vote. The yotes are active in the portal. Karius does not have the contract extension Collins just received.
                              Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

i see Green Bay Phoenix coach Kevin Borseth has retired. he put together some exciting squads at GB.

Comment

Working...
                                X