Postseason

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LetsGoRabbits View Post
    I believe i would have my eyelids sewn closed if ANY SDSU program ever acted or looked anything like LSU WBB. they are disgusting. foul on every single play and the coach and the players have a seizure whenever an official DARES to actually blow the whistle
    UCLA has a great coach, but I don't understand why EVERY possession doesn't go through their post.

Comment

I believe i would have my eyelids sewn closed if ANY SDSU program ever acted or looked anything like LSU WBB. they are disgusting. foul on every single play and the coach and the players have a seizure whenever an official DARES to actually blow the whistle
      I would cheer for USD/NDSU if they ever played LSU. That's saying something.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post

UCLA has a great coach, but I don't understand why EVERY possession doesn't go through their post.
        Yeah, Coach Close did say at 3rd Q break that they needed to get the ball to the post and not fall in love with the 3. it felt like they shot less 3s in the 4th, but still a lot of guard drives. and both posts and guards missed a lot of shots / took tough shots inside

Comment

Yeah, Coach Close did say at 3rd Q break that they needed to get the ball to the post and not fall in love with the 3. it felt like they shot less 3s in the 4th, but still a lot of guard drives. and both posts and guards missed a lot of shots / took tough shots inside
          I didn't think that this UCLA team was as good as the one that the Jacks beat in the semi's of the WNIT.

Comment

I didn't think that this UCLA team was as good as the one that the Jacks beat in the semi's of the WNIT.
            Cmon man. This UCLA team was a 2 seed.
            "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Very fun day of basketball. The women on the halftime show summed it up nicely: half the people watching LSU are rooting for them to win, and the other half are watching hoping they'll lose. It seems like they've achieved Duke men status.

Inside a minute during the third in the UCLA/LSU game, the ref signaled flopping on a LSU player and a UCLA player committed an offensive foul a few seconds later. Nothing ended up happening with the flopping call which I thought was strange. I was really impressed with Betts' passing ability, and I'm glad Aneesah Morrow was rescued from Depaul. HVL made a bunch of FTs in the closing minutes, but she's really had a rough tournament shooting wise. I know they say she's been playing out of position all year and has no business being a PG.

I thought that game was relatively tame from the LSU perspective compared to some of their other games (South Carolina game for example had this moment that really had people in an uproar). There was the moment with Reese and the UCLA bench, and I guess Poa has been known to just end up on the floor often (attempting to get calls - at least according to reddit).

Overall, some people might be bummed at the lack of upsets, but I've really enjoyed the way the games have turned out at least from an entertainment perspective with all of this year's big programs (and stars -- minus Kitley, Fudd, etc) going head-to-head with one another round 2 onwards.

Comment

Originally posted by peavy View Post
                Very fun day of basketball. The women on the halftime show summed it up nicely: half the people watching LSU are rooting for them to win, and the other half are watching hoping they'll lose. It seems like they've achieved Duke men status.
                I'm hoping they lose because Kim Mulkey. LSU player antics flow directly from their coach, who epitomizes duplicity for the sake of selfish advancement. My perspective is that lots of people (reasonably) want to see Kim Mulkey lose rather than the LSU team, but there's definitely a thread of derision against LSU's players that I think should be directed at their coach.

Comment

Originally posted by Bozemaniac View Post

I'm hoping they lose because Kim Mulkey. LSU player antics flow directly from their coach, who epitomizes duplicity for the sake of selfish advancement. My perspective is that lots of people (reasonably) want to see Kim Mulkey lose rather than the LSU team, but there's definitely a thread of derision against LSU's players that I think should be directed at their coach.

I think Angel Reese is the only LSU player that people really have issues with. And that's because she shows the maturity of an 8 year old. Chasing Clark around after the game a year ago, putting the L sign on her forehead and other antics make her unlikable in my mind. She seems to be cut out of the same cloth as her coach.

Comment

I think Angel Reese is the only LSU player that people really have issues with. And that's because she shows the maturity of an 8 year old. Chasing Clark around after the game a year ago, putting the L sign on her forehead and other antics make her unlikable in my mind. She seems to be cut out of the same cloth as her coach.
                    I tend to agree with you, albeit with fewer absolutes.

LSU is fighting a losing battle for congeniality while Mulkey is their coach, and the behavior you mention only exacerbates it

Comment

Next thing Mulkey will have her players ripping off their Jersey's and throwing them across the court in a fit of rage I suppose

Comment

i completely agree that Mulkey is a significant part of the problem

that said, Close does also get on the officials, much more than AJ does for instance
                        Mulkey is worse but, i might say they are somewhere in the same ball park minus the crazy outfits

but if you look at yesterdays game, there was a HUGE GLARING difference between the way the LSU players carry themselves and the way the UCLA players carry themselves. it is NOT CLOSE

LSU players are loud and angry and seemingly often looking to be or feel disrespected. UCLA look like a bunch of great kids competing their butts off. this description probably falls short of perfection. it is a little hard to define but it seems pretty easy to see

Comment

i completely agree that Mulkey is a significant part of the problem

that said, Close does also get on the officials, much more than AJ does for instance
                          Mulkey is worse but, i might say they are somewhere in the same ball park minus the crazy outfits

but if you look at yesterdays game, there was a HUGE GLARING difference between the way the LSU players carry themselves and the way the UCLA players carry themselves. it is NOT CLOSE

LSU players are loud and angry and seemingly often looking to be or feel disrespected. UCLA look like a bunch of great kids competing their butts off. this description probably falls short of perfection. it is a little hard to define but it seems pretty easy to see
                          I think your point regarding subtle differences between coaches could also be applied to Caitlin Clark and Angel Reese. While Reese is more annoying and "unsportsmanlike" to me, Clark has irked me too.

I guess I've been spoiled by Jacks players and coaches.

Comment

100% this. The complete lack of class exhibited by Reese is what people dislike. It's not the color of her skin or how she wears her hair. It's what she did to Clark and the comment she apparently thought she needed say to the UCLA bench (both of which occurred when the games were essentially over) that people don't like.

Apparently, she was not eligible for the Wooden Award because of her GPA. The minimum GPA is 2.0! Hopefully basketball works out for her.

As far as their coach, another example in a long list of "examples of being a terrible human" is how she handled the fight at the end of the South Carolina game. Instead of denouncing the actions of the players and leaving it at that (like Staley did) she complains about how Cardoso should have picked on someone her own size.

Comment

when Clark announced she was going to Iowa and did this interview, i thought, wow.....pretty impressive young lady. yes, a generational talent.........however, having watched a number of her games (not to mention the vids on social media) i have lost all respect for her. sometimes it does make me wonder if she will "self-destruct". especially after watching that last viral video.

Comment

Originally posted by rimmer View Post
                                when Clark announced she was going to Iowa and did this interview, i thought, wow.....pretty impressive young lady. yes, a generational talent.........however, having watched a number of her games (not to mention the vids on social media) i have lost all respect for her. sometimes it does make me wonder if she will "self-destruct". especially after watching that last viral video.
                                I also agree with this. I'm getting a little tired of Clark as well. She's very good, but man does she know it.

Comment

Working...
                                X