Postseason

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GoJacks2011 View Post

It doesn't look like their 6'8 girl has played lately from what I can see. Outside of her, they don't look like the tallest team we've faced in the tourney at least. I haven't watched them this year but last year they had some very athletic guards. Interesting that Gylten played for both teams.
    Another SD connection, Reese Ross played 13 minutes per game as a true freshman

Comment

Looks like Utah's bench is about as long as SDSU's and the minutes are distributed somewhat similarly. Their PG from Portugal is out there most of the time. I look forward to watching Brooklyn go head to head with Alissa Pili. Gianna Kneepkens out of Duluth got hurt 8 games in and missed the rest of the season. She was their elite exterior scorer.

Comment

The PAC 12 was very loaded this year, so I'm sure many of their games will be up on YouTube. Not really sure about matchups and what not but I'm looking forward to the Alissa Pili/Brooklyn Meyer battle.

Comment

The women play Saturday. There was not a time on the article.
          Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

The Bison,Yotes and ORU are all in the WNIT this year, if anyone is interested in seeing how they all fair.

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
              The women play Saturday. There was not a time on the article.
              I saw 9 PM Central posted for our game.

Comment

Good thing the Jacks avoided Gonzaga as I think they are going to be tough to beat on their floor. Of course, Utah will be good too. Need to play better than the first time around.

Comment

Gonzaga was probably our worst showing of the year. I can't imagine a rematch would go that poorly again. We aren't the same team we were then but neither are they. One game at a time of course.

Comment

Originally posted by peavy View Post
                    The PAC 12 was very loaded this year, so I'm sure many of their games will be up on YouTube. Not really sure about matchups and what not but I'm looking forward to the Alissa Pili/Brooklyn Meyer battle.
                    And, Paige Meyer will have a Battle Royale with the Utah guards, and vice versa. Our defense must control their three-point shooters. Should be great fun - plenty of Minnesota AAU alumni on the floor for both sides.

Comment

There are definitely some differences but also similarities comparing these two teams...season averages:

3 point shots,,,the Ute starters made 234-3 pointers and the Jacks 117...twice as many, and the team average was .366 compared to the Jacks .383 but we don't have Vlastuin now.

Blocks...we look good here...Jack starters 131 and the Ute starters 44. Pili has 26 of those.

Rebounds....very similar for both

Overall Shooting...Jacks starters...436--.591 and the Utes .403--.548. Overall team...the Utes .476 and the Jacks .482

The Jacks have 1.3 fewer steals/game, 2 more turnovers/game and 3.4 fewer assists/game then the Utes.

Scoring Margin...Jacks 14 points and the Utes 16 points.

Minutes/game...I was surprised the Jacks starters ave. 20-30 and the Utes ave. 22-33. Thought the Jacks w/b more.

Other notes...Vieira is their assist queen at 188 and also their steals queen at 76. Pili is a 3rd team All-American. B. Meyer and Mesa I hope can keep her in check w/o getting in foul trouble. The Utes last played 3/7 and the Jacks 3/12. Maybe the Jacks can catch the Utes not totally focused and their 3 pointers are off and passing not as crisp. Lets block some shots and get running!!!

Comment

Originally posted by 73alum View Post
                        There are definitely some differences but also similarities comparing these two teams...season averages:

3 point shots,,,the Ute starters made 234-3 pointers and the Jacks 117...twice as many, and the team average was .366 compared to the Jacks .383 but we don't have Vlastuin now.

Blocks...we look good here...Jack starters 131 and the Ute starters 44. Pili has 26 of those.

Rebounds....very similar for both

Overall Shooting...Jacks starters...436--.591 and the Utes .403--.548. Overall team...the Utes .476 and the Jacks .482

The Jacks have 1.3 fewer steals/game, 2 more turnovers/game and 3.4 fewer assists/game then the Utes.

Scoring Margin...Jacks 14 points and the Utes 16 points.

Minutes/game...I was surprised the Jacks starters ave. 20-30 and the Utes ave. 22-33. Thought the Jacks w/b more.

Other notes...Vieira is their assist queen at 188 and also their steals queen at 76. Pili is a 3rd team All-American. B. Meyer and Mesa I hope can keep her in check w/o getting in foul trouble. The Utes last played 3/7 and the Jacks 3/12. Maybe the Jacks can catch the Utes not totally focused and their 3 pointers are off and passing not as crisp. Lets block some shots and get running!!!
                        The Jacks took about 1/3 less 3 pt FG attempts ( 574 to Utah's 905) for our 117 makes, that makes the 3 pointers made comparison seem less skewed than just looking at makes only. I noticed we shot very good, and were highly efficient with our 3 pt shooting toward the end of the season when it counted, we'll see if playing against a team in the Pac 12 and if that makes a difference or not, we take pretty much open looks and get a fair amount to go in. We'll need to continue doing that in the NCAA Tournament. Didn't we make 220 3 point shots this season as of Mar 17 updated, that's what's reported in the NCAA statistics ? Maybe you were just considering that the starters made 117 of the teams 220 I'm thinking now ? That must be it.
                        Last edited by jackdaniel; 03-19-2024, 09:16 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post

The Jacks took about 1/3 less 3 pt FG attempts ( 574 to Utah's 905) for our 117 makes, that makes the 3 pointers made comparison seem less skewed than just looking at makes only. I noticed we shot very good, and were highly efficient with our 3 pt shooting toward the end of the season when it counted, we'll see if playing against a team in the Pac 12 and if that makes a difference or not, we take pretty much open looks and get a fair amount to go in. We'll need to continue doing that in the NCAA Tournament. Didn't we make 220 3 point shots this season as of Mar 17 updated, that's what's reported in the NCAA statistics ? Maybe you were just considering that the starters made 117 of the teams 220 I'm thinking now ? That must be it.
                          Yes… LGR you are correct!! At first I was just talking about the starters and their three-point shooting. The Utes shot 905 three-pointers and made 331 as a team and the jacks shot 574 three-pointers, and made 220 as a team. So that doesn’t look so bad! But we don’t have Vlastuin who made 43 three-pointers. That will make the rest needing to be sharper. We s/b really focused!!

Both teams played 32 games. I’m hoping with the Utes having 16 days off from their last game, the players will mistakenly save their energy and total focus for their ‘supposedly’ next game after the Jacks and play right into our hands

Comment

https://twitter.com/i/status/1773196661646348298

Pretty sweet inbounds play to ex-Jackrabbit Emily Herzberg to send MSUM to the DII National Championship game.

Comment

Originally posted by SteelSD View Post
                              https://twitter.com/i/status/1773196661646348298

Pretty sweet inbounds play to ex-Jackrabbit Emily Herzberg to send MSUM to the DII National Championship game.
                              Mankato wins the national title. Their men are in the finals too. The pushback from people who don’t want to look at them in the Summit makes little sense to me. You have to wonder if Gusso will be looked at for a D1 head coaching job.

Comment

I believe i would have my eyelids sewn closed if ANY SDSU program ever acted or looked anything like LSU WBB. they are disgusting. foul on every single play and the coach and the players have a seizure whenever an official DARES to actually blow the whistle

Comment

Working...
                                X