GDT: SDSU vs ORU 2pm Mabee Center SLN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post

True, for just the few games they broadcast for the regular season, I got Hulu, which isn't cheap. The CBS "deal" also messes up the SLT, except for the fact it's National exposure I guess.
    Not as much exposure for the championship games compared to being on ESPN.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post

Not as much exposure for the championship games compared to being on ESPN.
      This is true.

Comment

Did Natalie Nielsen get injured or did she quit? I don’t see her mentioned in Zimmer’s article.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

Originally posted by 2002jack View Post
          Did Natalie Nielsen get injured or did she quit? I don’t see her mentioned in Zimmer’s article.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          She has been injured for the last month or so. She reportedly is getting close to being available again. She hasn't played much even when healthy, but having a third post available could be important in case of foul trouble. Especially with Brooklyn and Mesa now both starting.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post

She has been injured for the last month or so. She reportedly is getting close to being available again. She hasn't played much even when healthy, but having a third post available could be important in case of foul trouble. Especially with Brooklyn and Mesa now both starting.
            would be nice for Nielsen if she could get healthy. we probably have about a handful of games left where AJ would play an extended bench and it would be nice if Nielsen could get a little game time. that said, if everyone stays healthy next year, Brooklyn, Kallie, and Mesa are going to dominate the post minutes. the following year there could be post minutes available, but i expect the staff is looking for a significant post recruit

Comment

Mesa and Kallie would have their last year 2024-25. If you recall Megan Bultsma, she was pushed up in the rotation and she did quite well her senior year.. The coaching staff is capable of doing a great job with the recruits that come to Brookings. Sometimes the opportunity for the players does not happen. This year finds some ample chances for players to raise their own bars for competition. Nielsen may still have a few minutes this year according to AJ's weekly update as he expects her back on the active bench.
              Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by LetsGoRabbits View Post

would be nice for Nielsen if she could get healthy. we probably have about a handful of games left where AJ would play an extended bench and it would be nice if Nielsen could get a little game time. that said, if everyone stays healthy next year, Brooklyn, Kallie, and Mesa are going to dominate the post minutes. the following year there could be post minutes available, but i expect the staff is looking for a significant post recruit
                We do have a '25 commit from 6'3 post Brooklyn Felchle

Comment

Originally posted by Jackrabbit2012 View Post

We do have a '25 commit from 6'3 post Brooklyn Felchle
                  any idea how good she is expected to be? can she be the next Brooklyn? Paiton? Workenthien?

maybe a bit below that? Tagyn Larson, Ellie Thompson?

maybe very good but a bit limited- Kallie or C Ober?

Next year, barring injuries, we should have an incredible post rotation with Brooklyn, Kallie, and Mesa, arguably the best group of post players we have ever had on one roster. If Maddy V comes back she could play a role a bit similar to Tori. she will definitely play more on the perimeter, but she is capable of guarding plenty of power forwards if we choose, or are forced, to go with a smaller or more perimeter oriented lineup

i would guess maddy will come back, but i do believe she can graduate and depending on what the rehab process is, she could decide it is time to move on. Syd Stapleton is one who took a similar path recently.

regardless of Maddy decision, we should be very solid next year in the post. the following year Maddy will definitely be gone along with Kallie and Mesa

that currently leaves us with Brooklyn (likely favorite for POY in the 25-26 season) along with Dunn a soph or RS freshman, Nielsen a RS junior, and Felchle a true freshman. unless one of those 3 is ready to be a solid compliment to Brooklyn, maybe we would play Vasecka in a Selland type role as a power forward who can do everything. I feel like Vasecka is going to be a bit less suited to the interior game than Myah was, but she could probably get by as long as it does not consistently get her in foul trouble

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
                    Mesa and Kallie would have their last year 2024-25. If you recall Megan Bultsma, she was pushed up in the rotation and she did quite well her senior year.. The coaching staff is capable of doing a great job with the recruits that come to Brookings. Sometimes the opportunity for the players does not happen. This year finds some ample chances for players to raise their own bars for competition. Nielsen may still have a few minutes this year according to AJ's weekly update as he expects her back on the active bench.
                    I believe Megan is the perfect comparison for Natalie. i have always thought that and i would say I even feel like the coaches may have had the same thought. a player with physical attributes but raw. if they will work hard they can be a good teammate and have a shot to contribute in their final year or two.

Addison Hirschman is another example. her opportunities were limited simply because Myah and Paiton were able to stay for her whole career, as well as Tori and kallie. Addison might have been very much equal to Megan but simply had too many very good players on the roster at the same time

Comment

Video of Legacy vs Minot on 1-19-24

Felchle vs Leelee Bell, top recruit in ND right now.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=qYhDfiRKYFM

she could easily be a little longer version of Paiton.

Comment

Originally posted by Sodakbull View Post
                        Video of Legacy vs Minot on 1-19-24

Felchle vs Leelee Bell, top recruit in ND right now.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=qYhDfiRKYFM

she could easily be a little longer version of Paiton.
                        I watched the first half. Felchle definitely looks like she will contribute. from a VERY small sample size of one half, i would not expect her to contribute as a true freshman to a championship level team the way that Thompson, Paiton, and Brooklyn have recently

that said, we could be a little thin at post in two years so maybe she will end up on the floor (my guess we are still focused on more posts for that class since we will be loaded with good perimeter players to surround Brooklyn)

anyone watching the Minot vs Mandan game that followed the Jacks vs UNO WBB?
                        McKenna Johnson for Mandan averages about 15 points, 12 boards, and 4 blocks (rounding up just a bit in each stat) she is very thin but has been very impressive

Comment

Working...
                        X