No announcement yet.

GDT: SDSU vs ORU 2pm Mabee Center SLN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This reply came from ORU. I find it interesting they think their students are creating a broadcast that is generally among the best in the league.

"I travel with the men so I was not at the game, but I have forwarded this along to the proper folks. The home broadcasts are produced by students and generally speaking are among the best broadcast productions in the league. We look forward to continued improvement when you tune in in the future!"

Comment

Originally posted by KindofaHare View Post
      This reply came from ORU. I find it interesting they think their students are creating a broadcast that is generally among the best in the league.

"I travel with the men so I was not at the game, but I have forwarded this along to the proper folks. The home broadcasts are produced by students and generally speaking are among the best broadcast productions in the league. We look forward to continued improvement when you tune in in the future!"

In other words he says is a p#ss poor manager who has not trained anyone.
      Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Firing the commissioner because of a nascent broadcast agreement's hiccups would be both counterproductive and fiscally negligent. You don't think his replacement would see that and look to be compensated for accepting such a tenuous role? Then, we could likely all say hello to a Midco Sports Plus rate increase next season.

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post

In other words he says is a p#ss poor manager who has not trained anyone.
          Makes me even more thankful for the team the Jacks have. I'd almost do the ORU "whoop whoop" -- then again, no I wouldn't.

Comment

Originally posted by jakejc795 View Post
            Firing the commissioner because of a nascent broadcast agreement's hiccups would be both counterproductive and fiscally negligent. You don't think his replacement would see that and look to be compensated for accepting such a tenuous role? Then, we could likely all say hello to a Midco Sports Plus rate increase next season.
            If ESPN+ increases rates, then expect to see Midco/SLN to increase rates. The level of the current service is not exactly at the level of ESPN and they still have a similar rate. That is not a coincidence. Midco/SLN may need to study the ESPN model more closely. I am not certain where Fenton's employment was the issue. However, he may need to prod whoever is supervising the project to get all the schools to circle the wagons and plug the holes.

Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

This is why I've gone back to radio and the visualization I get from Tyler.

Comment

Here is the reply to my e-mail to Midco on NO replay for ORU-SDSU WBB game - simply a "go away " snub

There is an update on #99803.

Hi there,

Thank you for contacting us.

Since our team only handles issues with the payment and access processing, please get in touch with the publisher of the content directly, via the contact intended for content-related issues provided on the content webpage.

We hope this answer was helpful.

Have a great day!

Jovan Dojkov
                Technical Support Engineer
                JWP Support

Comment

Originally posted by GrandpaLee View Post
                  Here is the reply to my e-mail to Midco on NO replay for ORU-SDSU WBB game - simply a "go away " snub

There is an update on #99803.

Hi there,

Thank you for contacting us.

Since our team only handles issues with the payment and access processing, please get in touch with the publisher of the content directly, via the contact intended for content-related issues provided on the content webpage.

We hope this answer was helpful.

Have a great day!

Jovan Dojkov
                  Technical Support Engineer
                  JWP Support
                  I have one identical from Igor. The chat function has sent me this link twice. Midcontinent makes their money on telephone service and cable TV. I think the Summit League needs to pressure the locations like Tulsa and KC to do a better job since Midco could care less if the streams are made available.

Comment

I have one identical from Igor. The chat function has sent me this link twice. Midcontinent makes their money on telephone service and cable TV. I think the Summit League needs to pressure the locations like Tulsa and KC to do a better job since Midco could care less if the streams are made available.
                    I got a similar reaction from another angle (the local Midco cable office). Seems Midco is butt hurt about the CBS SN relationship that the Summit League arranged, or at best Midco doesnt like being the boots on the ground that gets the heat.
                    From a pure novice outsider it seems Midco had/has intentions of being their own "CBS SN" and have been slighted by the Summit League. Could be wrong, but my impression

Comment

I wouldn't mind if the CBS sports net games went away. I paid for the SLN and would like to be able to watch all of the SL games on it.
                      One hand points to campus...the other to the liquor store.

Comment

Madison Mathiowetz was named TicketSmarter WBB player of the week with her 22 points, 3 boards, 3 assists, and a steal against ORU.

Comment

If ESPN+ increases rates, then expect to see Midco/SLN to increase rates. The level of the current service is not exactly at the level of ESPN and they still have a similar rate. That is not a coincidence. Midco/SLN may need to study the ESPN model more closely. I am not certain where Fenton's employment was the issue. However, he may need to prod whoever is supervising the project to get all the schools to circle the wagons and plug the holes.

Me neither, but it was mentioned earlier in the thread

Comment

Midco should step up since the money goes to Midco Sports Plus. The not my department is a poor approach, Kansas City has not turned in the stream either from yesterday. All the other sites had turned in the stream last night. I am guessing that there is income shared among all Summit members. SLN/Midco needs to figure out how to train and receive the information they are charging the customers. Basketball is likely the driving product of demand on a 12 month window. They might want to get their ducks in a row when the season is in progress since I will not be looking back to Feb 10 in May. End of rant.
                            It seems to me that complaining to Summit League headquarters might be more effective than going through Midco.

Comment

Originally posted by ringthebells View Post
                              I wouldn't mind if the CBS sports net games went away. I paid for the SLN and would like to be able to watch all of the SL games on it.
                              True, for just the few games they broadcast for the regular season, I got Hulu, which isn't cheap. The CBS "deal" also messes up the SLT, except for the fact it's National exposure I guess.

Comment

I wonder when we'll know how much revenue sharing each school will get after launching the SLN. This being the inaugural season , will it be announced or do you have to dig for that info. I wouldn't have the foggiest idea where to even look, or if it's more or less than when each school sold their own subscriptions.
                                Last edited by jackdaniel; 02-12-2024, 06:20 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X