GDT: SDSU vs NDSU 7pm Scheels Center SLN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GDT: SDSU vs NDSU 7pm Scheels Center SLN

The bison are the first of 3 road games for the Jackrabbits WBB. HC Collins has turned in one of the best D1 starts for WBB in Fargo. Elle Evans and Heaven Hamling are 2 of the reasons. Evans is averaging over 20/game in conference play.. She is shooting 62.9% from 3, 5.2 boards/game, 92% FT, and about 3 assists/game. The bison are 8-0 at home this season and Collins likely has the team wanting to win tonight. The Jackrabbits need to find the game they had in the 2nd half against ORU. This team has not surprised many they are leading the conference at the half way mark. Go Jacks!!
    Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Delayed start with clock issues after the tipoff in Fargo.

Comment

Up 3 at the end of 1. NDSU missed a lot of inside shots and Jacks started to find their rhythm in the paint. Evans is very good. Going to be hard to contain her.

Comment

Tight half. Both teams missed some decent looks and had lots of turnovers. Whatever team can settle down and control the ball will take the advantage in the second half. Hoping it’s another excellent second half for the Jacks.

Comment

NoDaks getting a little home cooking, keeping them in front for the moment.

Comment

Big third quarter as our 3 pt shooters start to heat up and our defense really shut down Evans. Bison went 7 min without a FG. We will see if that defensive intensity remains in the 4th qtr.

Comment

Bison coming back. Brooklyn has missed a lot of shots this half. Frustrating game for her. Closest NDSU has played us in ages.

Comment

Vlastuin goes down in the last minute. Odd though as she didn’t really grab at anything and walked off the court. Was clearly distraught by it. Hoping it’s nothing significant. Last thing we need right now.

Comment

F***. Vlastuin has a serious injury, she knew it was bad.

Comment

I hope not but seems like it always turns out the worst when it almost looks harmless. Her reaction didn't look good.

Comment

Originally posted by GoJacks2011 View Post
                      Bison coming back. Brooklyn has missed a lot of shots this half. Frustrating game for her. Closest NDSU has played us in ages.
                      we hit some 3s in the 3rd Q that gave brooklyn a little more room. but she did have a bit rough 4th Q. i am sure she expects herself to make some of the shots she missed. also NDSU is one of many teams that dont really seem to care how much they foul. they just plan to play rough and dare the ref to call everything. the refs did call fouls until they put several Bison Bigs into foul trouble then they pretty much swallowed their whistles

gonna be very frustrating if the rough play costs us Maddie V!!

as i said in MBB thread i was at work until a bit into the second half. from what i saw the girls made their usual 3rd Q charge. then they held on despite Paige missing key minutes with fouls and missing some makeable shots inside

my guess is our girls learn a lot from this game. it is good to get a challenge in the conference. it doesnt do any good to get in the habit of being ahead double digits at the end of the game. a game like this helps us be ready for tourney time. hopefully Maddie is ok!!!

Comment

Originally posted by AZjack View Post
                        F***. Vlastuin has a serious injury, she knew it was bad.
                        Solid info AZ or just a guess based on how the season has gone?

Comment

Has anyone tried to watch women's game replay? I am not able to access.
                          Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Guessing we won’t know more about Vlastuin until next week. I’m anticipating she won’t play tomorrow. It happened fast and the trainer helped her up but then she just sort of hobbled to the bench. I didn’t see them examine anything but my guess is it was her knee. The fact we are undefeated in the conference with so many major players injured is unreal.

Comment

Originally posted by GoJacks2011 View Post
                              Guessing we won’t know more about Vlastuin until next week. I’m anticipating she won’t play tomorrow. It happened fast and the trainer helped her up but then she just sort of hobbled to the bench. I didn’t see them examine anything but my guess is it was her knee. The fact we are undefeated in the conference with so many major players injured is unreal.
                              It sure looked like the classic no-contact knee injury to me. The reaction on the bench seemed to fit too.

That was a good win though. NDSU has some legit talent, and great size. It's good we have lots of reinforcements arriving for next year.

Comment

Working...
                              X