(9) SDSU vs (8) USC: Friday 7 PM NCAA Tournament

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post

Kallie has a very long reach also, she gets some blocks because of it, but mainly rebounds. Interesting note, on paper we are the better rebounding team , you'd think a shot blocking team would also be a better rebounding team as well. I know the difference in conferences can impact stats somewhat, but since our high margin level superiority in the stats suggests that we are better despite the differences I'd say. They must have an athletic knack for blocking shots if they aren't substantially taller than us, maybe a good scheme in place for help side blocking, other physical attributes such as quickness and closing out speed, leaping ability (although players are preached for the most part to not leave their feet) , I have no idea either how they are so good at shot blocking. Did some looking, It's Marshall at 6'4" and Akunwafo at 6'6" their two players with length that are their main shot blockers, Top 3 rebounders are Marshall by a long shot (309), Sissoko 6'2", and 6'0" Adika, makes sense. Littleton and Sissoko most minutes played.

We'll see in a couple days, hopefully it won't negatively affect us too much. I'm hoping we can get some buckets from Kallie, Paiton, Brooklyn, besides what we expect from Myah, Paige, and Tori, and of course Timmer, hope MM and Ellie have a good game when they spell out players for a little rest, and hope maddie V is on her shot. We are pretty diverse in the way we score and from who. I like we can throw two different style, very good PG's at them too.
    Don't know what USC's team speed is like, but Paige and Timmer get out and run as well as any players the Jacks have had.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post

Don't know what USC's team speed is like, but Paige and Timmer get out and run as well as any players the Jacks have had.
      I too think Paige and Haleigh can run with the best of them, maybe better than some of them considered "quick and fast" with the ball.That is comforting to know.

Comment

Timmer's court speed in particular is just beautiful to watch.
        "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

This article lists Jacks as one of four teams better than their seed (FGCU, MTSU, and Princeton are the others).

The author also thinks Jacks may be able to challenge Hokettes in 2nd round.

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
            Timmer's court speed in particular is just beautiful to watch.
            Timmy's fast, undeniable , I definitely agree, another one was Kerri Young, when she lit the afterburner, she had to shove the ball way out in front of her on the dribble because she covered so much ground with her long stride and speed she could get up to on a break away. We've been blessed with so many great players at SDSU. She made a layup taking two dribbles after catching a pass from Ober to her approx (guessing) 8ft from the half court line against Creighton. I've never before seen a layup in two dribbles from that distance in wbb. I know I've mentioned this story before so I apologize if you've already heard it, my bad.

Comment

Originally posted by jakejc795 View Post
              This article lists Jacks as one of four teams better than their seed (FGCU, MTSU, and Princeton are the others).

The author also thinks Jacks may be able to challenge Hokettes in 2nd round.
              have not checked article yet but there is no doubt we are better than our seed. the team that lost ALL of our losses is not the team going into the ncaa. we have added Paige, who would probably have been first team all summit if she played all year

we definitely cannot guarantee we are undefeated with her or even undefeated minus So Carolina. but i would all but guarantee we win one more and are closer in others. my guess is we beat creighton and montana st. what does that do? are we top 25 if our only losses are to the #1 team in the country and the top two teams in the pac 12 championship tourney?? that would be a 6 seed. IF we had beaten all but s carolina you gotta believe we are playing games in frost this weekend. would they have changed the renovation plans for that?? i sure hope so))) but that is ifs and buts

but anyway totally makes sense someone recognizes we are underseeded

Comment

Originally posted by LetsGoRabbits View Post

have not checked article yet but there is no doubt we are better than our seed. the team that lost ALL of our losses is not the team going into the ncaa. we have added Paige, who would probably have been first team all summit if she played all year

we definitely cannot guarantee we are undefeated with her or even undefeated minus So Carolina. but i would all but guarantee we win one more and are closer in others. my guess is we beat creighton and montana st. what does that do? are we top 25 if our only losses are to the #1 team in the country and the top two teams in the pac 12 championship tourney?? that would be a 6 seed. IF we had beaten all but s carolina you gotta believe we are playing games in frost this weekend. would they have changed the renovation plans for that?? i sure hope so))) but that is ifs and buts

but anyway totally makes sense someone recognizes we are underseeded
                Just play at the Premier Center. Looks like they aren't booked until 3/19 for WWE

Comment

AJ presser in Virginia
                  https://gojacks.com/news/2023/3/14/w...-no-8-usc.aspx
                  Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

I think Brooklyn Meyer is going to be the key to this tournament. She is the player on the roster that is built the best to matchup with the P5 size we are going to see.

Comment

Originally posted by SteelSD View Post
                      I think Brooklyn Meyer is going to be the key to this tournament. She is the player on the roster that is built the best to matchup with the P5 size we are going to see.
                      My key player is Myah. Can she step up and take over when things maybe aren't going the best. I think she will

Comment

Originally posted by SteelSD View Post
                        so you are predicting a postseason coming out party for brooklyn similar to Timmie's run through last year wnit i guess??
                        i dont think you are wrong about the talent and possibility and it would be GREAT to see!!!

one difference, Timmie was starting in wnit due to Paige getting injured. Brooklyn will have to do it off the bench, but I DO believe she is more likely to make an offensive impact than our other posts not named Myah and obviously Myah is not one who does all of her damage in the post.

brooklyn will have to get going quick when she enters the game but if she does i would think they would try to ride it and you could be right about her making a difference

as i said earlier, i expect myah and timmer to play over 30 minutes tonight and probably in any following games. that would seem to give them the biggest opportunity to be difference makers and i do think that if Timmer can score like she did in wnit that will obviously be huge. continuing the SLT HOT shooting from 3 would be huge

my guess is myah, timmer, and both paige and dru have the biggest chances to make things happen. now that oldhare did the work and informed us that USC holds opponents under 55 a game, we know that they want to make this a low score slugfest. that makes me think Tori plays a lot tonight also and her impact is usually EVERYTHING BUT scoring, but if we get scoring from her tonight that will be huge

paiton will contribute her normal outstanding post defense but if she is gonna make a big impact on offense, i think we need her to suddenly find her 3pt shooting. watch her go off in the post and make me look stupid))) i hope she does!!

Comment

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
                          Just plain ole ESPN / Watch / schedule replay , I think it will play because I clicked on it and it brought up the screen but said " Event not started yet" , anyway seemed normal to me. For whatever reason , the game was not listed for ESPN+ , but everyone gets plain old ESPN for free . Hope I'm right and the game does show and play on ESPN. It should in my view, because it's listed.
                          I am seeing ESPNNews which is channel 301 on my Spectrum in KC. All 5 ESPN channels are available on line at ESPN+
                          Last edited by filbert; 03-17-2023, 03:12 PM.

Comment

I'm trying to stream other games through espn+ that are listed as on espnnews and they are not working so I'm not expecting the jacks game to work either....wants me to log in with my cable provider (mediacom basic package) which doesn't include espn. Looks like I'll be heading to my parents.
                            "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

That rim is plenty stiff, the shot practically has to go straight through it without touching , good rim for 6'4" + players who use the glass

Comment

Paige Meyer has no fear.

Comment

Working...
                                X