No announcement yet.

SLT Championship GDT: Mavericks vs Jackrabbits 1pm Premier Center ESPNU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jacks hitting 10-15 from 3 point, 67%. Those are stupid numbers!

Comment

Our defense has seemed to take us to another level this year, and I think the biggest reason for it is our team speed and quickness. In years past we had a hard time staying with quick guards. Not the case anymore with Meyer and Timmer.

Comment

MAYBE it is time when people talk about these two teams the first thing mentioned is no longer, they knocked the jacks out in the first round in 2021

Comment

Pilakouta just left the floor. i would really like to see our crowd start more of a tradition of applauding the accomplishments of some of our opponents. she has had a very good career. i think it would have been nice for our crowd to give her a nice appreciative round of applause

Comment

Something that I enjoy so much about watching this team vs our men this year is scoring off a pass. Haven't analyzed the entire season, but looking back at the last 10 or so games for each, and even included the "closer" games for the women earlier in the conference season.... women are scoring their field goals off assists easily 50% of time time or more, usually 65-75%+. The men are seemingly lucky to hit 50%, usually well less than that.

This style of play is just so much more fun to watch than the dribble, drive, crappy fadeaway shot that the men have been using lately.

FINAL - JACKRABBITS 93. Mavericks 51. 42 point differential, new women's summit league tournament championship game record!

Comment

Congratulations lady!!!! Job well done. Now let’s go win a few more.

Comment

We are so so SO incredibly spoiled by the big 3 teams at State... especially this women's program. A great contingent of fans in attendance today, but really pretty quiet the entire time, even when we officially punch our ticket to go DANCIN' again!!! Congrats, ladies! Incredible season and performance! Now let's keep this run going awhile!

Comment

Originally posted by LetsGoRabbits View Post
                  Pilakouta just left the floor. i would really like to see our crowd start more of a tradition of applauding the accomplishments of some of our opponents. she has had a very good career. i think it would have been nice for our crowd to give her a nice appreciative round of applause
                  Agreed but most of the crowd where I was sitting clapped for her.

Comment

Now just need a good seed with a good matchup in a good pod (and in the Seattle region).

Comment

They cut away before finishing the awards, but Selland and Timmer were on all-tournament team. Not sure who’s MVP.

Comment

All tournament team selections:
                        • Haleigh Timmer, SDSU
                        • Myah Selland, SDSU
                        • Paige Meyer, SDSU
                        • Manna Mensah, UMKC
                        • Elena Pilakouta, Omaha
                        Tournament MVP --- HALEIGH TIMMER!! Incredible future we still have here with this program.

Comment

Congratulations to all of them. Haleigh earned that MVP. She was dominant!

Comment

Grateful and thankful for this program. What a display of excellence.

Comment

Originally posted by RahRahRabbits View Post
                              Something that I enjoy so much about watching this team vs our men this year is scoring off a pass. Haven't analyzed the entire season, but looking back at the last 10 or so games for each, and even included the "closer" games for the women earlier in the conference season.... women are scoring their field goals off assists easily 50% of time time or more, usually 65-75%+. The men are seemingly lucky to hit 50%, usually well less than that.

This style of play is just so much more fun to watch than the dribble, drive, crappy fadeaway shot that the men have been using lately.

FINAL - JACKRABBITS 93. Mavericks 51. 42 point differential, new women's summit league tournament championship game record!
                              to be fair the men traditionally play the same style. this was a very weird year for our men. this is one of the reasons i love jackrabbit basketball as much as i do!! both teams continue to embrace an older school style that emphasizes team play as opposed to individual performance!

ndsu hoops alum, Freddy Coleman, talked about the women yesterday and talked about how beautiful it was to watch. i believe he may have even called it poetry. it is just so so much more pleasing to see players move without the ball and see teammates share the ball, pass to the open teammate, make the extra pass, and give up good shots to get a great shot for a teammate!!!! it is fun to see individual skill but it is far more fun to see it employed as part of a team, as opposed to constant one on one play

post game today Dru said that she thinks nobody on the team wants to be the leading scorer and all of them would rather see their teammates score. a lot of cool comments post game, but i think Dru was my favorite interview. she said imagine trying to scout us. what do you try to take away? if you take one person away someone else is going to step up. pretty incredible that she walked away from a team that was ranked in the top 10 nationally going into conference tournament play and she sounded so incredibly happy with her decision and the experience she has had

Comment

Originally posted by RahRahRabbits View Post
                                All tournament team selections:
                                • Haleigh Timmer, SDSU
                                • Myah Selland, SDSU
                                • Paige Meyer, SDSU
                                • Manna Mensah, UMKC
                                • Elena Pilakouta, Omaha
                                Tournament MVP --- HALEIGH TIMMER!! Incredible future we still have here with this program.
                                It's too bad that KC had already left town, and Mensah wasn't present to receive her award. She was outstanding in all 3 of their games.

Comment

Working...
                                X