SLT Championship GDT: Mavericks vs Jackrabbits 1pm Premier Center ESPNU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SLT Championship GDT: Mavericks vs Jackrabbits 1pm Premier Center ESPNU

The Jackrabbits return to the championship game. Omaha is back this time as a #6 seed. HC Banks has made some progress in Omaha as they are sporting a 16-16 season record.. This appears to be a lopsided contest which may be considered to be SDSU's game. It may have been the same type of situation when they matched up as #1 seed against #8 seed Omaha in 2021. This group of Jackrabbits is not likely to repeat that episode. The game plan by ORU to alter the Jackrabbit pace did not work and I would expect Omaha to look for a method to disrupt that pace as well. It is the last game the seniors will play in South Dakota. It should be a great atmosphere for them to finish their seasons here. I hope for a dominant win by the Jackrabbits. Go Jacks!!
    Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Great speed by Timmer.

Comment

Theison with another big swat! Nelson actually leading with 3 credited blocks so far. Timmer is looking great again, leading the way with 10 points! The rest of the Jacks are looking fairly good overall. A few missed shots that should have been fairly easy.... but Jacks up 21-8 after 1 quarter.

Comment

21 to 8 after first quarter. Haleigh picking up right where she left off yesterday.

Comment

Too early to predict Timmer as the tournament MVP? She isn’t phased by any stage or opponent. Only a sophomore!!!

Comment

Pretty sure the Jackrabbits 2nd 5 (however you would like to break it down)
            Theisen, B Meyer, Vlastuin, Guylton, and Mathiowitz.... would win the Summit League.

Appreciate what AJ has built folks. This ain't normal.

Comment

How are we gonna be next year without Myah and Peyton? I think Haleigh has answered that question…..We’ll be alright!

Comment

Timeout Omaha. 2 minutes gone from the 2nd. Quick 5 points put up by the rabbits, now leading 26-8. Real pretty 3 pointer by Meyer. Mavs playing sloppy with 8 turnovers already. Keep the foot on the gas here!

Comment

Refs calling it a little tighter than I'd like to see, but Jacks have certainly benefitted more than the Mavs. Up 44-14 with 1:13 left in the first half. Crazy.

I think it's safe to post this article from Mitchell Republic's Marcus Traxler.

From the article:

"But they’ve [SDSU] never been bigger favorites than when they take on sixth-seeded Omaha for a conference title and an automatic bid to the NCAA tournament.

Based on the rankings at season’s end, SDSU has never played a team for a Summit title that is 200 or below in either the RPI or NET metrics that the NCAA has used. The previous low mark was when USD was making its climb and the Jacks beat them in 2013, with the Coyotes holding an RPI of 169. This year, the Jacks are ranked 37th in the NET, while Omaha is at 260."

Comment

Originally posted by GoJacks2011 View Post
                    Too early to predict Timmer as the tournament MVP? She isn’t phased by any stage or opponent. Only a sophomore!!!
                    It's gonna be a tough call! Overall, Haleigh has a pretty quiet first game vs St. Thomas. Absolute stud vs ORU though. Selland (and Meyer, though she likely wouldn't be highly considered for tourney MVP). Seeing over the last 3 halves though, Timmer has hit 8 of 10 three pointers, outstanding!

My opinion that has absolutely zero power... Timmer will still need a pretty big half here to have serious consideration in unseating Selland for MVP.

Comment

Slow start to the second half. This is the most boring conference final ever. Not honestly a great look for the league but that’s not SDSU’s fault.

Comment

Refs feeling left out after the first half, getting into the game in the second.

Comment

Timmer becoming automatic when left open from the arc.

Comment

Originally posted by GoJacks2011 View Post
                            Slow start to the second half. This is the most boring conference final ever. Not honestly a great look for the league but that’s not SDSU’s fault.
                            Looking back since 1993, women's summit final AVG margin of victory is 9.76 points. Closest one was 2012, SDSU's OT win over UMKC 78-77. Largest so far in this span was 2021, USD over Omaha 66-43 (23 pt spread).

Omaha on pace to break their own record. Interesting note that I didn't realize - Omaha didn't even make the tournament last year. Interesting that is sandwiched between tournament championship game appearances.

Comment

Jacks outscore Mavs 20 to 16 is all in the 3rd quarter. Doubling them up now, leading 64-32 after three.

Can they split the tourney MVP award? Timmer has certainly been stepping up here! 4-4 from 3 today... 9 of 11 from three now the past two days.

Not sure what all voters look in to - if I had a ballot, I think I'd be tossing it Haleigh's way! And that is absolutely NO disrespect to Myah or anyone else.

Comment

Working...
                              X