No announcement yet.

GDT: SDSU vs UMKC 7pm Swinney Center KCRoos.com

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We are a deep team, that's a good thing, less wear on the players when you don't have to play them so much when they're tired, everyone plays fresher and our starters accumulate less fouls , so they can remain more aggressive scoring/ defense , spreading out the fouls to more players works I think, as we haven't had hardly any players foul out of the game. The team doesn't suffer too much when we sub, if at all, and we know we can re-insert the starters into the lineup if we need another boost, sometimes , that boost comes from the substitution players. We are in fine shape headed into the post season, Grateful for that. AJ and coaches will have the best plan for player rotations going forward I trust, he and staff know the players the best and how to utilize their talents for optimum team performance. Can't wait for the post season excitement to commence soon.
    Last edited by jackdaniel; 02-24-2023, 01:00 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
      We are a deep team, that's a good thing, less wear on the players when you don't have to play them so much when they're tired, everyone plays fresher and our starters accumulate less fouls , so they can remain more aggressive scoring/ defense , spreading out the fouls to more players works I think, as we haven't had hardly any players foul out of the game. The team doesn't suffer too much when we sub, if at all, and we know we can re-insert the starters into the lineup if we need another boost, sometimes , that boost comes from the substitution players. We are in fine shape headed into the post season, Grateful for that. AJ and coaches will have the best plan for player rotations going forward I trust, he and staff know the players the best and how to utilize their talents for optimum team performance. Can't wait for the post season excitement to commence soon.

totally agree with you!!

but i do believe the reason for this, is that for this year at least, we are not starting 2 of our top 5 players, and therefore have 2 of our overall top 5 coming off the bench. Paiton has been a great player for the jacks. i would be shocked if she is not one day in the jacks HOF, but just for this year, i dont think there is too much debate that kallie is the better player. last year when Paiton was dropping in 40% of her 3s she provided a very valuable weapon to the offense. but she is not doing that this year she is also not shooting FT much better than Kallie this year.

if you switched their minutes (not saying they will or that i want anyone to do it) Kallie would become the number 2 or 3 rebounder in the league. she already out rebounds PB and plays 7 minutes less per game. she would also become the second best shot blocker in the league

she might not quite score 11 a game like PB does, but she would definitely put up over 10. she would probably also have less assists and steals, but i think from your center if you are getting nearly the same scoring you would definitely take the 4.5 extra boards and the 1.5ish extra shots blocked

and whichever PG is not starting rates out ahead of Tori in every offensive category. but if someone wanted to argue that Tori is better because of the additional size and length and the defensive versatility, i cant say the argument is not valid

it would be interesting if AJ could or would give an answer to what he believes is the actual best five he can put on the floor. i suspect he would say it depends on the opponent. i also agree with that!! but if it is possible for them to get by without Tori's size and still hold their own on the defensive end and on the boards, then, my opinion only, is that the best 5 is both PG, Timmer, Kallie, and Myah

the biggest problem with that lineup is it does not leave you with a true guard to come off the bench. i dont expect to see any changes to the lineup, but i do think you will see AJ play Paige and Dru together as much as he thinks it is possible as the games get bigger. and i also think that Kallie is going to play more than 16 minutes a game going forward (her current season average is 16.2 minutes per game. tonight she played 19).

Comment

Originally posted by LetsGoRabbits View Post

totally agree with you!!

but i do believe the reason for this, is that for this year at least, we are not starting 2 of our top 5 players, and therefore have 2 of our overall top 5 coming off the bench. Paiton has been a great player for the jacks. i would be shocked if she is not one day in the jacks HOF, but just for this year, i dont think there is too much debate that kallie is the better player. last year when Paiton was dropping in 40% of her 3s she provided a very valuable weapon to the offense. but she is not doing that this year she is also not shooting FT much better than Kallie this year.

if you switched their minutes (not saying they will or that i want anyone to do it) Kallie would become the number 2 or 3 rebounder in the league. she already out rebounds PB and plays 7 minutes less per game. she would also become the second best shot blocker in the league

she might not quite score 11 a game like PB does, but she would definitely put up over 10. she would probably also have less assists and steals, but i think from your center if you are getting nearly the same scoring you would definitely take the 4.5 extra boards and the 1.5ish extra shots blocked

and whichever PG is not starting rates out ahead of Tori in every offensive category. but if someone wanted to argue that Tori is better because of the additional size and length and the defensive versatility, i cant say the argument is not valid

it would be interesting if AJ could or would give an answer to what he believes is the actual best five he can put on the floor. i suspect he would say it depends on the opponent. i also agree with that!! but if it is possible for them to get by without Tori's size and still hold their own on the defensive end and on the boards, then, my opinion only, is that the best 5 is both PG, Timmer, Kallie, and Myah

the biggest problem with that lineup is it does not leave you with a true guard to come off the bench. i dont expect to see any changes to the lineup, but i do think you will see AJ play Paige and Dru together as much as he thinks it is possible as the games get bigger. and i also think that Kallie is going to play more than 16 minutes a game going forward (her current season average is 16.2 minutes per game. tonight she played 19).
        You obviously think things through thoroughly, and come to your conclusions with facts to back them up. That's why I will be looking forward to the post season just to see how AJ ( the meastro) and crew orchestrate things, lineups, rotations, playing time, etc in the post season games, just as you seem intrigued also into seeing how things pan out. It all comes down to excitement building for the post season, for me anyway. It will all be quite evident to us all as we witness it unfold cheering on our Jackrabbits!

I think AJ and coaches will play a lot of "hot hands" to keep the scoring going steady, plus mix in certain mismatches and players with different skill sets, from time to time, to keep them guessing and off guard as possible. Our opponents will all be looking at game film to best ascertain how best to game plan against us, offensively and defensively obviously, so maybe throw in some plays we haven't shown yet. I'm a very poor prognosticator in these things, so don't put a lot of stock in my theory. Like I've said, mainly looking forward to watching the games and rooting on the Jacks.

PS...

I count the SLT as "post season" , don't know whether or not that's correct or "post season " just refers to the NCAA Tournament, WNIT, etc. In any event, as conference champs , we are guaranteed a postseason even , God forbid, we don't make the NCAA Tournament. Or is the SLT just the culmination of the reg season and not technically a "post season" event. Just second guessing.
        Last edited by jackdaniel; 02-24-2023, 12:51 PM.

Comment

I wish even in my own mind I could try and come up with our best 5 players. This years team IMO is the deepest team we have ever had. I sometimes wonder if that is totally a good thing. When the chips are down and we need a basket who is the go to player. I know who it is supposed to be and have heard AJ say they just haven't had to ask her to do so yet but it just doesn't seam like we have that "give me the ball and get out of my way" player that we were spoiled with in the MM days.

Comment

Originally posted by Justwin View Post
            I wish even in my own mind I could try and come up with our best 5 players. This years team IMO is the deepest team we have ever had. I sometimes wonder if that is totally a good thing. When the chips are down and we need a basket who is the go to player. I know who it is supposed to be and have heard AJ say they just haven't had to ask her to do so yet but it just doesn't seam like we have that "give me the ball and get out of my way" player that we were spoiled with in the MM days.
            In my perspective, you are correct. MM is probably the undeniable GOAT of jacks WBB, so to say we do not have another one is kinda the norm untill, ya know the equivalent of Mike Daum comes along to replace Nate Walters so to speak

that said, i believe Myah is pretty easily an all time top 5 player and SO SO SPECIAL in her own way. Her way is a little more magic johnson instead of larry or kobe or mj. she can, will, and has taken the shot, but she is not gonna force the shot. she definitely will look to create and hit the open teammate (ala Timmy for the game winner in nit semi against ucla) Myah definitely looks better when her teammates are knocking those shots down

but it is definitely NOT like she cannot score, obviously with over 2000 pts in her career. i believe she shoots over 50% from the field for her career. i am sure she is a better 3pt shooter, by %, for her career than MM and i will guess the total number of 3s made by the two is not greatly different

Myah is a wonderful player and you cannot go wrong having the ball in her hands at the end of the game and i think she proved that without question last year in the nit. but the jacks also have two incredibly talented PG on this team and putting it in their hands is also not bad. some would say if you have more than one closer you dont have one at all, but i think the jacks are just blessed to have all 3 of these players and it makes them very tough to plan for

i think the thing that maybe scares me most is the fact we are basically winning every game by 25 points for the last 2 months. hopefully everyone will be ready for a game that is close late. i have faith that they will be, but it is still gonna be a bit of an odd feeling for them

Comment

You obviously think things through thoroughly, and come to your conclusions with facts to back them up. That's why I will be looking forward to the post season just to see how AJ ( the meastro) and crew orchestrate things, lineups, rotations, playing time, etc in the post season games, just as you seem intrigued also into seeing how things pan out. It all comes down to excitement building for the post season, for me anyway. It will all be quite evident to us all as we witness it unfold cheering on our Jackrabbits!

I think AJ and coaches will play a lot of "hot hands" to keep the scoring going steady, plus mix in certain mismatches and players with different skill sets, from time to time, to keep them guessing and off guard as possible. Our opponents will all be looking at game film to best ascertain how best to game plan against us, offensively and defensively obviously, so maybe throw in some plays we haven't shown yet. I'm a very poor prognosticator in these things, so don't put a lot of stock in my theory. Like I've said, mainly looking forward to watching the games and rooting on the Jacks.

PS...

I count the SLT as "post season" , don't know whether or not that's correct or "post season " just refers to the NCAA Tournament, WNIT, etc. In any event, as conference champs , we are guaranteed a postseason even , God forbid, we don't make the NCAA Tournament. Or is the SLT just the culmination of the reg season and not technically a "post season" event. Just second guessing.
              the SLT is definitely post season. but it is post season where the jacks will be the overwhelming favorite in every game. the jacks are pretty good at taking care of their own business and if they come to play for 3 games and take care of their business nobody in the summit can really put a glove on them. superstition does not allow me to say any more than that

and if lightening strikes in some horrific way, i am almost positive the regular season champ is guaranteed a WNIT invite. if not a guarantee, it basically is anyway with their NET and RPI and the fact they are defending champs. that said i think they have an excellent shot at an at large for the ncaa anyway

Comment

Thanks for solving my conundrum on the SLT thing, Let'sGo...hope you don't mind me calling you by your first name

Comment

Thanks for solving my conundrum on the SLT thing, Let'sGo...hope you don't mind me calling you by your first name:)
                  haha very clever)) definitely dont mind.

Comment

Working...
                  X