GDT: SDSU vs UMKC 7pm Swinney Center KCRoos.com

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GDT: SDSU vs UMKC 7pm Swinney Center KCRoos.com

It is last week of regular conference season as the Jackrabbits continue to perfect their game and conference record. HC Jackson-Durrett was turned over a somewhat bare cupboard after Hoyt rode the transfers and seniors to a WNIT appearance and a job at Okie State. KC is the anchor to the conference this year with 3 conference wins. The Jackrabbits are likely to play all out to keep tweaking their game for the SLT. The Roos still have some talent and length to be respected with some freshmen and sophomores led by grad transfer Stafford. It has been a trend for teams to attempt to be physical with the Jackrabbits to slow the pace. Often times it becomes rough when the defense is slow to get traction against the transition resulting in fouls. We should see the entire bench get some play in KC. Go Jacks!!
    Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Women should be able to come out strong and put an early stamp on this game…..as long as they’re not “tired” from sitting around for two days waiting to play.

Comment

Selland in double digits and we aren’t even five minutes in.

Comment

Up big like usual but not as sharp in every single area tonight. Gave up quite a few 3’s and offensive rebounds. Mathiowetz also in over Vlastuin tonight which is interesting.

Comment

Offense getting about whatever they want, but A.J. probably not too happy with the Jacks 3-pt defense.

Comment

Originally posted by GoJacks2011 View Post
            Up big like usual but not as sharp in every single area tonight. Gave up quite a few 3’s and offensive rebounds. Mathiowetz also in over Vlastuin tonight which is interesting.
            I notice MV hasn’t played yet. Wonder if injury, illness or MM just earned the playing time.

Comment

Playing a little rusty, not much practice before the game like usual I suspect, having to travel a day early to beat the storm.

Comment

Originally posted by Route 12 Jack View Post

I notice MV hasn’t played yet. Wonder if injury, illness or MM just earned the playing time.
                Vlastuin's in now.

Comment

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
                  Playing a little rusty, not much practice before the game like usual I suspect, having to travel a day early to beat the storm.
                  Winning by nearly 40 despite the rust. Pretty impressive.

Comment

Second half much better than the first. Starters got their normal points but our backup posts are still so good. They were solid again tonight.

ORU couldn’t hit anything tonight against the yotes. Will be a good game to close out the regular season.

Comment

TOTALLY dominated the 3rd quarter like they often do. 16-2 run in less then 5 minutes to start the second half. not that there was any question about the W, but that stretch showed what they are capable of when they focus on doing all the little things the way they know they can

Comment

hopefully MV gets back on track. obviously it is nice having a combo guard / forward with her size. i believe you look at the last 5ish weeks of games, MV has gone VERY cold from 3. that was what got her more playing time than expected early in the year. she was also doing some other good things, particularly rebounding

on the other hand, Maddie M has really done everything well except for scoring (very nice to see her knock down her first try from 3 tonight)

gonna have kind of a lot of perimeter / combo players next year. hoping they all stay, but it is gonna be interesting how things break down with Tori, Timmy, Paige, MV, Maddie m, and Kolbeck

Comment

Her shot has been off for a few games.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post

Her shot has been off for a few games.
                            I wonder if she's a little bit of a streak shooter? But, when she's on target, she's on quite awhile it seems. She has bettered her game in other areas besides just her 3 pt shooting, I agree with that statement, she seems more athletic than previously thought IMO. The thing with the people that evaluate teams, unless you beat a team that's having a poor season by 30-40 points, they don't think much of your win. Otherwise, we'd probably be seeing bench players get much more playing time if it wasn't that way. It's a tribute to our starters to keep their foot on the accelerator to get the bench players their much needed court time to better their game too.

Comment

I wonder if she's a little bit of a streak shooter? But, when she's on target, she's on quite awhile it seems. She has bettered her game in other areas besides just her 3 pt shooting, I agree with that statement, she seems more athletic than previously thought IMO. The thing with the people that evaluate teams, unless you beat a team that's having a poor season by 30-40 points, they don't think much of your win. Otherwise, we'd probably be seeing bench players get much more playing time if it wasn't that way. It's a tribute to our starters to keep their foot on the accelerator to get the bench players their much needed court time to better their game too.
                              i understand what you mean and do not exactly disagree

BUT, in reality NONE of our players are playing big minutes. Myah leads with a bit under 29 a game (that is crazy crazy small minutes from a conference mvp player). Timmy, Paiton, and Tori are playing 25-26ish. that is not high minutes for our top 4. i think paige is a bit over 20 now and Dru a bit under (not season averages for the two PG but what it has been recently, probably since the start lineup switch)

Kallie is playing only about 16 and actually her production deserves a lot more. she is arguably the best player in the conference in output per minute played. and Brooklyn i believe is about 13 a game

there is not really ANY argument for any reason that any of our top 8 should play even one less minute per game than they are. that is a bit of a bummer for maddie and maddie and elly and regan and mesa who are all good enough to be making a contribution to a good team

i imagine that we will continue to play a 9th player, whoever it is, for the next 4 games. come ncaa time, i would guess the rotation is cut to 8, other than mop up time. the top 8 can handle the minutes and there is nothing that they need help from the rest of the roster for unless there are multiple injuries or lots of foul trouble. early we were not getting good perimeter shooting and MV got minutes because she was hot to start the year

but now, Myah is shooting almost 55% from 3 in the last 20ish games
                              Paige is shooting almost 58% from 3 since her return
                              Dru is about 38 in conference
                              and Timmer is about 35%
                              those 4 can give us enough perimeter shooting and should shoot by far the majority of 3s going forward

Paiton does many good things for the team and if she hits a 3 early it is a nice threat to pull a big defender away from the hoop but she is only shooting about 28% in conference and about the same for the year. not really good enough that she should be counted on to hit them like she was last year
                              and Tori should only shoot it at the end of the clock 21% is not good enough for anything else
                              but these two are great teammates, play great D, Tori can really guard any player on the floor and does everything but score consistently (i bet her scoring comes back next year when she does not defer to myah and paiton. i really hope so for her. dont want to see her end her career with two very subpar scoring seasons)

Kallie and Brooklyn dont need to shoot 3s but they are great bench players

maddie and maddie are obviously the next two in, at this point in what ever order, and they are good enough that we should not feel terrible about them being able to contribute if called upon, but if they are in a ncaa game in a meaningful way it means something else has gone NOT according to plan.

Comment

Working...
                              X