GDT: SDSU vs Montana State 8pm Worthington Arena ESPN+The Jacckrabb

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gojacks321 View Post

Are you kidding me? This is supposed to be a platform for people who love to support and follow SDSU athletics and the young men and women who help make SDSU so special. Would you ever approach one of these young girls asking them to their face if they gained 15 pounds after a rough game? My guess is no. I remind you all this is a public forum and these girls have access to some of the very hurtful things that are sometimes said on here. Scrutinizing them in very unproductive ways when things don’t go well, but being their biggest fan when it does is not what this forum was for. I can tell you they have not had a week off. They work their tails off on the court, in the classroom and do their best to make us SDSU fans proud. They beat themselves up enough, they don’t need people like us sitting behind a computer screen scrutinizing them when things don’t go well and posting things we wouldn’t say to their faces.
    My guess is you didn’t mean any personal harm in this comment, but weight is a very sensitive thing to mention when it comes to young women in athletics. I’m a Jacks fan to my core and love the positive discussion/game breakdowns on these threads, but let’s try to lift them up, not bring them down over a bad couple of games. They will figure it out, they always do.

Go Jacks!
    Of course they didn't gain any weight, that's why I chose a high enough number to be ridiculous, thought maybe people would see that it was meant to be analogous, guess i was wrong. My point is, was, they looked slow, others say confused, whatever, not playing according to the level we saw at the start of the season. Maybe the reference to poundage gained struck a nerve with you, maybe i should have just said "boy, they sure look slow today. I know they work hard, i know there's a lot of season left to accomplish goals, you don't have to tell me that because I already agree. In short, didn't mean to disparage, discourage, but just point out what I perceived, correct or not, I surely will be a little more conscious choosing my words as to not stereotype women as being overly sensitive to anyone mentioning weight, I always thought that was silly, but that's just me. i appreciate your concerns,you are a good fan, something I will try and be a little better at too, we all will I'm sure.....ah, it was close to thanksgiving too.
    Last edited by jackdaniel; 12-01-2022, 11:39 AM.

Comment

The 4-4 record is a disappointment. It is much like last year's 4-7 beginning as the team went through injuries and the initiation of a freshman point guard among other negative situations for the team. 20 turnovers and 29% beyond the arc against the Bobcats are big hurdles for the team to address. There was a ray of light for the inside game last night as there were some layups made during the runs with 14 overall assists. Ball movement is key to the Jackrabbit offense. The freshmen are getting some valuable minutes in these games and we all recall how Paige Meyer improved her game through the OOC to provide great leadership on the floor while Myah(and Tylee) was/were recovering at that time last year. It will be great to see her return in the near future. Currently, I would not expect a 3 game losing stretch that happened last year. The home game for Saturday should stop the skid. It would be an encouraging sign to at least see Paige in warmups even though not playing yet.
      Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Disappointing, after Monday's game. But they'll figure it out.

Comment

This team needs Paige big time. There is no player on the roster that can penetrate into the lane and create anything. A lot of talent on the roster but we are VERY easy to defend right now.

Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk

"Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

That gymnasium looked very dark in the background, I wonder if that affect our shooting 3's early on. It'll be good to be at home next game.

Comment

Early in the game, when I was so frustrated, when I started to criticise a tad too much, I decided to not watch so I wouldn't, when I came back, I was pleasantly surprised how much we came back and how much better we were playing. We were twice behind by 18 pts, 20-2 and again at 30-12, nothing was going right. That took toughness and grit to fight back the way they did. I applaud the team for that, they are NOT quitters that's for sure, when everything rights itself, and it will, they will be awesome. Looking forward to it.

Comment

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
                Early in the game, when I was so frustrated, when I started to criticise a tad too much, I decided to not watch so I wouldn't, when I came back, I was pleasantly surprised how much we came back and how much better we were playing. We were twice behind by 18 pts, 20-2 and again at 30-12, nothing was going right. That took toughness and grit to fight back the way they did. I applaud the team for that, they are NOT quitters that's for sure, when everything rights itself, and it will, they will be awesome. Looking forward to it.
                TOTALLY the heart and effort and work are WITHOUT question!!! they give everything they have until the final horn and that deserves praise and recognition. and i am happy that i have great confidence in AJ and pretty much all the SDSU coaches that i know at all, because i think they do a great job of pointing these things out to the team but at the same time challenging them to see the things that need improvement

Comment

It was a rough week but as AJ said after the game, we still all know this team has a ton of potential. The amount of travel the last 2 weeks has to be considered along with level of opponents we have played. This probably is our toughest non-conference schedule ever. I feel for our freshmen honestly. They are very talented but they have not had an easy game or two yet to even get established and they aren’t allowed to ease into tougher games like most freshmen are. I think they will really bloom during conference season and be one of our best classes ever. Hopefully now that we have a home game and time to regroup, everything comes together. Some big opponents ahead but good opportunities to re-establish ourselves.

Comment

Originally posted by GoJacks2011 View Post
                    It was a rough week but as AJ said after the game, we still all know this team has a ton of potential. The amount of travel the last 2 weeks has to be considered along with level of opponents we have played. This probably is our toughest non-conference schedule ever. I feel for our freshmen honestly. They are very talented but they have not had an easy game or two yet to even get established and they aren’t allowed to ease into tougher games like most freshmen are. I think they will really bloom during conference season and be one of our best classes ever. Hopefully now that we have a home game and time to regroup, everything comes together. Some big opponents ahead but good opportunities to re-establish ourselves.

GREAT POINTS 2011

i am not sure there can even be much debate about the difficulty of the schedule. even the teams that are not ranked are really tough!! i mean MSU is a great example. they are not ranked or even close to getting votes if i understand correctly, but they are the preseason favorite to win their conference and the defending tourney champ who played in the ncaa last year. that is a very quality team

AJ gave this team no soft landing spots between tough games

and i really like your thought about the freshman because i think the expectations for this group are very very high and it has been pretty tough so far, but i think you are right!! and i DEFINITELY think they will be in the argument as the best group we have ever had

Comment

Working...
                    X