No announcement yet.

GDT: SDSU vs Montana State 8pm Worthington Arena ESPN+The Jacckrabb

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Last 5 minutes of the quarter have been bad. But within striking distance at start of the 4th.

Comment

Regressed some at the end of the quarter. Have to come out strong to start the 4th. If that Montana State player gets NIL money for every time that commercial airs, she's going to be wealthy before the night is done.

Comment

We’ve hit some big shots this quarter. Have to stop the turnovers and keep them off the FT line though if we want to pull this off.

Comment

Not sure why Vlastuin isn't in the game.

Comment

Missed call on our end, bad call on the other end. They take a 3 pt lead because of it. If we lose though, it’ll be due to the first half. This one will hurt even worse than Monday night in my opinion.

Comment

The starters certainly didn't distinguish themselves down the stretch.

Comment

After a week of such promise, potential tourney seeding I suspect has gone from mid single digits to double digits in 2 games. What a shame. Once again the lack of a point guard to penetrate and break down the defense was glaring (1st half anyway).
                This team needs what Paige.did last year, desperately.

Comment

Originally posted by YanktonJack7 View Post
                  Last 5 minutes of the quarter have been bad. But within striking distance at start of the 4th.
                  I think AJ must still be trying to find out what rotating will work.
                  The starters, with Due instead of Ellie, played most of the first 5 minutes of the 3td. They started substituting and that's when things started going down hill.
                  Kallie was a rebounding machine when she was in.
                  Mady hit some big 3's.

Comment

Wow , AJ made it clear in his post game interview we are not playing well as a team on this road trip. But in his calm, composed manner, he didn't go too far in his criticism (critique). That's what I like about him, he likes to build them up rather than tear them down, but will let them know their faults , and prescribe to work on them to get the team healthy again. To that end ,I'll do a quote from Dorothy of the Wizard of Oz fame with, "there's no place like home, there's no place like home, there's no place like home ".

Comment

We definitely need a big dose of home cooking to right the ship.

Comment

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
                        did they all gain 15 lbs in the week off, they all look lathargic
                        Are you kidding me? This is supposed to be a platform for people who love to support and follow SDSU athletics and the young men and women who help make SDSU so special. Would you ever approach one of these young girls asking them to their face if they gained 15 pounds after a rough game? My guess is no. I remind you all this is a public forum and these girls have access to some of the very hurtful things that are sometimes said on here. Scrutinizing them in very unproductive ways when things don’t go well, but being their biggest fan when it does is not what this forum was for. I can tell you they have not had a week off. They work their tails off on the court, in the classroom and do their best to make us SDSU fans proud. They beat themselves up enough, they don’t need people like us sitting behind a computer screen scrutinizing them when things don’t go well and posting things we wouldn’t say to their faces.
                        My guess is you didn’t mean any personal harm in this comment, but weight is a very sensitive thing to mention when it comes to young women in athletics. I’m a Jacks fan to my core and love the positive discussion/game breakdowns on these threads, but let’s try to lift them up, not bring them down over a bad couple of games. They will figure it out, they always do.

Go Jacks!

Comment

Originally posted by Gojacks321 View Post

Are you kidding me? This is supposed to be a platform for people who love to support and follow SDSU athletics and the young men and women who help make SDSU so special. Would you ever approach one of these young girls asking them to their face if they gained 15 pounds after a rough game? My guess is no. I remind you all this is a public forum and these girls have access to some of the very hurtful things that are sometimes said on here. Scrutinizing them in very unproductive ways when things don’t go well, but being their biggest fan when it does is not what this forum was for. I can tell you they have not had a week off. They work their tails off on the court, in the classroom and do their best to make us SDSU fans proud. They beat themselves up enough, they don’t need people like us sitting behind a computer screen scrutinizing them when things don’t go well and posting things we wouldn’t say to their faces.
                          My guess is you didn’t mean any personal harm in this comment, but weight is a very sensitive thing to mention when it comes to young women in athletics. I’m a Jacks fan to my core and love the positive discussion/game breakdowns on these threads, but let’s try to lift them up, not bring them down over a bad couple of games. They will figure it out, they always do.

Go Jacks!
                          WELL SAID 321 and thank you

it seems very unlikely now we could host ncaa games but EVERY other meaningful goal this team has is still very much within reach

i think the biggest single thing is they have to get this shooting thing figured out. at some point shooting struggles become a drain on energy and make the whole game harder. most of all they are struggling from 3

it seems apparent they are trying to find the balance between letting it fly with confidence and using intelligent shot selection. ya know if you are shooting under 30% from 3 it probably is not intelligent to take 6 or 7 threes in a game. no? but at the same time the more they dont take them and especially dont make them the more the defense is gonna pack the paint and dare them to shoot them

i REALLY hope they get Brooklyn back to looking something like she did the first several games. i know we have played good teams but it seems something else?? she is a game changer. interested what happened that Ellie normal minutes were cut, but it seems like Dru starting is a good call. from the things i was hearing i think they were expecting a little more from the 3 freshies at this point, but i still believe they are going to be very special

we had a LOT of TO in the first Q. then none or very close for a quarter and over a half. then we took the lead for the first time with about 3 ish minutes to go in the 3rd and followed it up with 3 or 4 TO to end the quarter and go back down by 8
                          i know we came back but i thought that was the real critical point of the game. it seemed like we were about to take control. they seemed pretty wobbly like a boxer on his way down. but the turnovers gave them a chance to breathe and get their feet back under them and the rest as they say is history

finally, does everyone still see H Timmer like i do? meaning through the lens of 5 WNIT games when she hit the game winner vs ucla and was pretty much a dominant force? if you see her like i do, when she had the open 3 in the final minutes when it was a 1 pt game you already had that one marked down as a make before it cleared her fingertips

i still think Timmer and this whole squad get back to that. we are very lucky to cheer for the teams we do

Comment

Originally posted by LetsGoRabbits View Post

WELL SAID 321 and thank you

it seems very unlikely now we could host ncaa games but EVERY other meaningful goal this team has is still very much within reach

i think the biggest single thing is they have to get this shooting thing figured out. at some point shooting struggles become a drain on energy and make the whole game harder. most of all they are struggling from 3

it seems apparent they are trying to find the balance between letting it fly with confidence and using intelligent shot selection. ya know if you are shooting under 30% from 3 it probably is not intelligent to take 6 or 7 threes in a game. no? but at the same time the more they dont take them and especially dont make them the more the defense is gonna pack the paint and dare them to shoot them

i REALLY hope they get Brooklyn back to looking something like she did the first several games. i know we have played good teams but it seems something else?? she is a game changer. interested what happened that Ellie normal minutes were cut, but it seems like Dru starting is a good call. from the things i was hearing i think they were expecting a little more from the 3 freshies at this point, but i still believe they are going to be very special

we had a LOT of TO in the first Q. then none or very close for a quarter and over a half. then we took the lead for the first time with about 3 ish minutes to go in the 3rd and followed it up with 3 or 4 TO to end the quarter and go back down by 8
                            i know we came back but i thought that was the real critical point of the game. it seemed like we were about to take control. they seemed pretty wobbly like a boxer on his way down. but the turnovers gave them a chance to breathe and get their feet back under them and the rest as they say is history

finally, does everyone still see H Timmer like i do? meaning through the lens of 5 WNIT games when she hit the game winner vs ucla and was pretty much a dominant force? if you see her like i do, when she had the open 3 in the final minutes when it was a 1 pt game you already had that one marked down as a make before it cleared her fingertips

i still think Timmer and this whole squad get back to that. we are very lucky to cheer for the teams we do
                            Heck yeah, she's this cohort's version of Guebert/Young.

Had to work last night, so I could only listen for most of the game, but it was disheartening even doing that. I can't imagine what it was like as a Jacks player or coach.

Comment

Originally posted by Gojacks321 View Post

Go Jacks!
                              You are a credit to the forum, and I appreciate your post.If only your stance could be exhibited by all who post here.

Fortunately, there are typically only a handful of "non-Jackstastic" interlopers who post inflammatory or idiotic comments.

Comment

I very rarely post but originally joined this forum because I felt some players were being unfairly characterized and wanted to speak up. Then I realized there are those who do speak up. This is not professional sports and I am proud to listen and watch whatever the outcome.

Originally posted by jakejc795 View Post

You are a credit to the forum, and I appreciate your post.If only your stance could be exhibited by all who post here.

Fortunately, there are typically only a handful of "non-Jackstastic" interlopers who post inflammatory or idiotic comments.

Comment

Working...
                                X