No announcement yet.

GDT: UCLA vs SDSU Bahamas 1:30pm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking now like we did at the beginning of the game. Some good looks inside and some defensive pressure causing turnovers. Within 5 with 1 min to go.

Comment

Originally posted by GoJacks2011 View Post
      Our last made shot in the 3rd quarter was at the 7 min mark. Yikes. Turnovers adding up (Selland with some dumb ones) and rebounding still is ugly. Just getting outplayed on both ends.
      Frustrating. As good as she is she's a walking turnover so far this year. This groups ceiling is incredibly high though.

Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk

"Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Sounds like 3 or 4 missed bunnies down the stretch really hurt, hard to tell on radio.
        sounds like the Jack's really knuckled down on D the 4th qtr though

Comment

Showed more fight at the end but disappointing loss to a really good team. Lots of things to improve upon in 24 hours. Rutgers should be a winnable game tomorrow and a good opportunity to bounce back.

Nebraska getting throttled again today so UCLA will be top-25 next week which is well deserved.

Comment

We still have 2 good games yet, Big Ten Rutgers, we win that, then playing TBD for 5th place.That should be our goal now. If we had won our first game , worst we could have got was 4th place. I'm interested to see how we react to this loss, knowing how competitive the team is, I'm not too worried we don't make the most out of the rest of this tournament and get a couple wins out of it yet, going 2-1 is now the goal, we will fight hard to achieve it. Time will tell. Go Jacks!

Comment

Originally posted by tbcruiser View Post
              Sounds like 3 or 4 missed bunnies down the stretch really hurt, hard to tell on radio.
              sounds like the Jack's really knuckled down on D the 4th qtr though
              I got the Flo month subscription, yes, I agree, don't know why we can't hit those,maybe lack of composure and focus (need more practice, not easy ones, but game like practice shots, quick and hand in face?) I think we solve that problem, we could easily add 6-8 more points every game probably, just on missed bunnies.We do a great job getting those, have to get the pay off.

Comment

PLENTY of thing so learn and work on from that one but rebounds were ONE HUNDRED PERCENT the difference in the game. they got at least 14 pts off of 2nd and 3rd chances, including the five points off the FIRST TWO defensive possessions of the second half

boxing out is definitely a waning skill in the game but it requires no talent and there is no excuse for the huge majority of the offensive boards given up today. on the defensive end TOO MANY of our girls move toward the hoop instead of moving to put a body on a player. this is especially harmful when you play players who have advantages in height or speed. i will not describe it more i have done it before. but it is very disappointing

we could have beaten a really really good team even playing undermanned but we failed to do the most simple most fundamental skill in the game

we SHOULD HAVE taken care of our own business and that is all there is to that, but in my perspective the officiating was also inexcusably bad. they got called for an illegal screen with under a minute in the game for the EXACT SAME THING they did on ALMOST EVERY screen the entire game. the announcer was amazed how Osbourne continued to get SO open on the SAME in bound play time after time. that is how! their screening player almost always takes a step while also moving her hip just as the defender attempts to go through

announcer smart assedly stated late in the game, i could tell them right now, how to stop that play. you switch the screen. it is that simple. REALLY like they never heard of that???

plenty of teams attepmt to guard screens without switching. they practice getting through and over screens. obviously the jacks plan was NOT to switch a lot of screens and i believe it would have been fine if officiated properly

i will not rant further about the reffing. PLENTY of things the jacks actually have the ability to control that they did not control well enough and those things cost them the game

INTERESTING, Dru not on the floor in the end of a tight game. makes me think the knee was a problem? and while both freshman guards had some struggles. i thought Maddie played very good defense outside of getting lost on one possession, and Ellie got some very very valuable minutes at the end of a competitive game against an obviously very talented team

Comment

Originally posted by LetsGoRabbits View Post
                  PLENTY of thing so learn and work on from that one but rebounds were ONE HUNDRED PERCENT the difference in the game. they got at least 14 pts off of 2nd and 3rd chances, including the five points off the FIRST TWO defensive possessions of the second half

boxing out is definitely a waning skill in the game but it requires no talent and there is no excuse for the huge majority of the offensive boards given up today. on the defensive end TOO MANY of our girls move toward the hoop instead of moving to put a body on a player. this is especially harmful when you play players who have advantages in height or speed. i will not describe it more i have done it before. but it is very disappointing

we could have beaten a really really good team even playing undermanned but we failed to do the most simple most fundamental skill in the game

we SHOULD HAVE taken care of our own business and that is all there is to that, but in my perspective the officiating was also inexcusably bad. they got called for an illegal screen with under a minute in the game for the EXACT SAME THING they did on ALMOST EVERY screen the entire game. the announcer was amazed how Osbourne continued to get SO open on the SAME in bound play time after time. that is how! their screening player almost always takes a step while also moving her hip just as the defender attempts to go through

announcer smart assedly stated late in the game, i could tell them right now, how to stop that play. you switch the screen. it is that simple. REALLY like they never heard of that???

plenty of teams attepmt to guard screens without switching. they practice getting through and over screens. obviously the jacks plan was NOT to switch a lot of screens and i believe it would have been fine if officiated properly

i will not rant further about the reffing. PLENTY of things the jacks actually have the ability to control that they did not control well enough and those things cost them the game

INTERESTING, Dru not on the floor in the end of a tight game. makes me think the knee was a problem? and while both freshman guards had some struggles. i thought Maddie played very good defense outside of getting lost on one possession, and Ellie got some very very valuable minutes at the end of a competitive game against an obviously very talented team
                  I think Dru will probably only play limited minutes all year long. The risk to further damage of the knee is high and if she plays too much, it’ll hurt her down the road. Especially with a game tomorrow, she played more today than I was expecting. With that said, she has moved better than I was anticipating.

Comment

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
                    We still have 2 good games yet, Big Ten Rutgers, we win that, then playing TBD for 5th place.That should be our goal now. If we had won our first game , worst we could have got was 4th place. I'm interested to see how we react to this loss, knowing how competitive the team is, I'm not too worried we don't make the most out of the rest of this tournament and get a couple wins out of it yet, going 2-1 is now the goal, we will fight hard to achieve it. Time will tell. Go Jacks!
                    right on JD!!! disappointing to see them NOT do some things we believe they can for sure!

but they did a lot of good things too and they fought back and had chances at the end. today was still a very valuable day and this will be a valuable tournament!! i have no doubt we will be competitive the next two days and have a great chance to go 2 outta 3 here and only one team is gonna come away better than that

we have players out and hurt and players adjusting to different roles and adjusting to new teammates. the are definitely NOT the team they are going to be by the end!! but they are competing and learning and even with all the challenges and very annoying mistakes they nearly found a way to pull this game out

Comment

Originally posted by GoJacks2011 View Post

I think Dru will probably only play limited minutes all year long. The risk to further damage of the knee is high and if she plays too much, it’ll hurt her down the road. Especially with a game tomorrow, she played more today than I was expecting. With that said, she has moved better than I was anticipating.
                      totally agree with you! i just thought they would try to use the rotation in a way that would allow us to have our best PG on the floor at the end of a tight and winnable game. but maybe they felt they had to have her in the game earlier just to keep us within striking distance and therefore she was unavailable late??

just saying i was surprised (also disappointed. such a bummer we have to have this version of her!!!) but i totally trust the coaches and the fact that they have a good plan. and there is a good and bad to everything. disappointed about Dru but a great opportunity for Ellie.

and to be honest i do not think that Kiki rice the #1 recruit in the country played much better overall than Ellie did. the other freshman, Jauquez??? however you spell it. was arguably their 2nd best player. very impressive!!

Comment

BTW Marquette is up on Texas by 9 with a little more than 5 minutes left in the second Q

not positive the actual number but i am pretty sure Texas is top 5 in the country. does anyone know if the freshman from WHS is getting any minutes for them? i have not been watching the game just flipped over to check the score

Comment

Texas cut it to 4 in about a minute. looks like WHS grad is in right now

Comment

Didn't watch today -- is this year's UCLA team better than last year's?

Comment

Originally posted by naters_gonna_nate View Post
                              Didn't watch today -- is this year's UCLA team better than last year's?
                              Hard to say at this point. At the end of the year, they’ll probably be better. Missing some of their star players from last year but they have one of the top freshmen classes in the country.

Comment

Wow. Texas and Louisville both lose. Either way we will play a top 10 team in two days.

Comment

Working...
                                X