GDT: UCLA vs SDSU Bahamas 1:30pm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GDT: UCLA vs SDSU Bahamas 1:30pm

Round 3 follows the 2 wins from 2021-22 season. The Jackrabbits will need more improvement today to get the win on the island. Go Jacks!!
    Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

UCLA freshmen are impressive. We are getting decent looks inside though and getting to the line early.

Also, looks like a great group of Jacks fans behind the bench.

Comment

Jacks were on a roll but some freshmen mental mistakes in the last minute allow UCLA to make a run to lead 25-21 at the end of one. Nelson and Timmer have looked good. Our freshmen struggling with the high level of play so far.

Comment

Ball was still in her hands before the clock hit 0 yet the shot counts for an and 1? Make it make sense.

Comment

There is 0000.00% chance she got that shot off. Idk how you look at that on replay and still count it.

Comment

Offensive rebounds are killing us.

Comment

Some bright spots but the end of each quarter hurt us. Rebounding honestly was maybe the biggest difference. We just need to settle down in a lot of ways mentally and stay physical with them.

Comment

well Charisma Osbourne is sure happy that Tylee is gone. dont feel like looking up all the stats, but i am pretty sure she has 14 pts at half and i think 6 of 8 from the floor. in two game last year she made 7 fg TOTAL and was in the neighborhood of 7 for 25 from the field

their freshman post from california killed us impressive rebounding and defense and solid offense

Comment

if the jacks stop giving up 2nd and 3rd chances on the boards and cut the turnovers a bit, they will have a chance to make a run in the second half

refs have not been helpful either OF COURSE. was there any close call or harmful call that went in favor of the jacks?? i dont recall it. ZERO chance the shot was off before end of 1st Q. but they almost guaranteed would have said the foul was before buzzer. now that i say it i almost wonder if that was the call?? if the foul is before buzzer maybe continuation is allowed after the buzzer??? IDK

and Kallie got called for a foul when both girls were tied up for a rebound and she had two hands on the basketball? HOW did she foul her? with a mean face???

Comment

3 SDSU jerseys vs 1 UCLA jersey for the rebound…we give up another offensive board and the deficit is now double digits.

Comment

hopefully lots of free throws this quarter

Comment

Aggressive, physical play, like trapping presses, just physical play in general, bothers us, gets us sped up, giving us butter fingers catching the ball, passes too quick, high, just not our usual precise passes. Not blocking out well enough, allowing them to grab offensive rebounds, and getting out rebounded generally. All of this has contributed to us falling behind by 9 at the half. It also gives them more confidence to be more focused on their shots, the exact opposite of being sped up and disorganized. I still think we are going to be a very good team if we can solve some of our early season deficiencies. Will be interesting to see if the coaches can get them organized better for the 2nd half.

Comment

UCLA is really good but this feels like the Creighton game. Just making a lot of small mistakes that are going to add up and keep us from winning a big game. We have the talent. These are the games though that will make or break our seeding, at large bid, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by GoJacks2011 View Post
                            3 SDSU jerseys vs 1 UCLA jersey for the rebound…we give up another offensive board and the deficit is now double digits.
                            We tend to poke, slap at the ball instead of just grabbing it in my opinion watching them rebound.Granted, sometimes you have to, but we do it far too much, and not getting the 50/50 ball rundowns.

Comment

Our last made shot in the 3rd quarter was at the 7 min mark. Yikes. Turnovers adding up (Selland with some dumb ones) and rebounding still is ugly. Just getting outplayed on both ends.

Comment

Working...
                              X