2023 Recruits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2023 Recruits

Jacks add two on National Signing Day. Jenna Hopp 5'11 Guard Glenwood IA and Hilary Behrens 6'0 Guard Brandon Valley

Anyone have insight on Mallory Miller from Wolsey-Wessington? After offers from BHSU, Omaha, and UMKC her recruiting has blown up extensively in the last few months. Louisville, Arizona, Arizona State, Syracuse, BYU, Colorado and several other schools have offered her recently. There doesn't seem to be much interest, if any, from the Dakota schools for whatever reason. Highlights and stats are impressive, but this feels similar to Bella Swedlund last year.

Comment

Originally posted by Project-Badass View Post
      Anyone have insight on Mallory Miller from Wolsey-Wessington? After offers from BHSU, Omaha, and UMKC her recruiting has blown up extensively in the last few months. Louisville, Arizona, Arizona State, Syracuse, BYU, Colorado and several other schools have offered her recently. There doesn't seem to be much interest, if any, from the Dakota schools for whatever reason. Highlights and stats are impressive, but this feels similar to Bella Swedlund last year.
      She's 6' 4" moves very well, and can shoot the 3 pretty dang good , but don't know her percentage of makes per her stats. I watched her video, impressive to me anyway, yes I know it's a collection of all her best plays, but those plays sure looked good, regardless. If she 's a 2023, I think that might be the problem preventing us from offering, because, correct me if I'm wrong, although we would have room for her for the 2023 season, the following year 2024 we wouldn't, we would be full up with 15 players. No ones going to commit unless they get a full scholarship of four years in my opinion. So, we can't really offer any 2023 player because of the log jam in 2024, so 2023 is full up at 13 players basically, unless someone would leave, and I don't see that happening. Does this make any sense as to why we can't recruit a 2023 player as it stands currently?

Comment

She’s been at 3 different schools in high school and her parents are physco. If you were at girls class b state a couple years ago you know what I am talking about.

HARD PASS

Comment

Langford. Avon. Aberdeen Christian. Wolsey-Wessington.

Comment

Originally posted by salemjack View Post
            She’s been at 3 different schools in high school and her parents are physco. If you were at girls class b state a couple years ago you know what I am talking about.

HARD PASS
            I wasn't at the class B state tournament. Fill me in...

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

Comment

It's too bad because a 6'4" player with the range to hit 3's certainly fits the mold of what our staff is looking for. She would be a nice fit in our system.

Comment

Maybe we can get a nice grad transfer, would work out for 1 yr, unless they have to sit out a yr, don't think they do because of Dru, she played right away.One more wouldn't hurt if they could contribute right away like Dru did.

Comment

Grad transfer tall - 1 year.

Comment

Mallory Miller committed to Arizona State along with her sister, Hanna, who was a freshman at Dodge City CC. Hanna averaged 3 points and 3 rebounds a game her freshman year. Nothing against Hanna, but it seems like teams were willing to use two scholarships to land Mallory. Very odd to see the constant school changes and someone correct me if I'm wrong, but they also have a brother that plays at Ipswich. It'll be interesting to see how their college careers play out.

Comment

Originally posted by Project-Badass View Post
                      Mallory Miller committed to Arizona State along with her sister, Hanna, who was a freshman at Dodge City CC. Hanna averaged 3 points and 3 rebounds a game her freshman year. Nothing against Hanna, but it seems like teams were willing to use two scholarships to land Mallory. Very odd to see the constant school changes and someone correct me if I'm wrong, but they also have a brother that plays at Ipswich. It'll be interesting to see how their college careers play out.
                      I don’t know any details but have been told by other people in the basketball circuit that it is probably good SDSU steered clear of them. I think there are some similarities here to the Swedlund recruiting process. Will be interesting to see if this commitment goes better than that one.

Comment

Originally posted by GoJacks2011 View Post

I don’t know any details but have been told by other people in the basketball circuit that it is probably good SDSU steered clear of them. I think there are some similarities here to the Swedlund recruiting process. Will be interesting to see if this commitment goes better than that one.
                        Pretty hard to criticize AJ's philosophy. He's been incredibly successful and very few athletes transfer out. How many players has he had that get little to no minutes but are still here 4 years?

I honestly can't recall the last time our women's program lost a player.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post

Pretty hard to criticize AJ's philosophy. He's been incredibly successful and very few athletes transfer out. How many players has he had that get little to no minutes but are still here 4 years?

I honestly can't recall the last time our women's program lost a player.
                          Chynna Stevens is one who comes to mind, but she also returned.

Comment

The past 10+ years has seen few recruits move on before their time. Sydney Tracy, Emily Herzberg, Annabel Graettinger, Jessica Mieras, Tonoia Wade, Kaitlyn Severson, & Jessica Hart would be players moved for one reason or another. This is a tally most coaches would envy.
                            Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Jenna Hopp of Glenwood can be seen starting Tuesday Feb 28th in the 4A quarterfinals.

The IOWA state quarterfinal, and semifinals will be live streamed online via the IGHSAU Digital Network available on ighsau.org. Quarterfinal and semi-final games will not be televised on Iowa PBS. The championship games both Friday and Saturday for all 5 classes will be on Iowa PBS -&- streamed on iowapbs.org/sports.

Comment

Working...
                              X