Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LetsGoRabbits

you know who he meant
    What's your point? I made a simple correction to avoid any confusion for those that follow this thread but weren't at the game to see for themselves. Get over yourself already.

Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk

"Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Originally posted by SteelSD View Post
      Quick synopsis of the game from my perspective:

Myah looks all world, good grief.

Payton had around 15, she’s ready to go.

Tori and Timmer didn’t have big games, but didn’t really need to. They are fine.

Kallie player kind of her typical game. You didn’t really notice her and at the end she was in double figures. Really moving well and looks like she is going to take a step forward again this year.

Madison M. started at point but doesn’t really look the part. She is more of a two guard. I think she just played tight but had 9 point I believe. Will ultimately be a nice player who will probably have a couple of hot shooting nights that really help us.

Ellie C. had 19 points and looked more comfortable at the point. Girl is a scoring machine and is going to be a big contributor.

Brooklyn M had 9 points off the bench. Just looked so comfortable when she got the ball. Very smooth yet big and physical. All in all these 3 freshman as a unit are players and are going to be major contributors.

Madysen V. played a solid game and hit 2 3’s. Problem for her is once the 2 guards come back idk how much AJ is going to use the 11th player outside of garbage time.

Regan N. really impressed me with her athleticism. Honestly she could play and wouldn’t hurt the team. She likely is the most athletic player we have. She just doesn’t have a real solid offensive game and again is a victim of numbers. I would love to see her get some run because she has some juice.

Mesa played kind of how she plays. Didn’t show much in this game. Seems like every year she leans out and idk if that is really right for her. Just not as physical as the bigs in front of her. Likely another year away from getting time on the court.

The final freshman Nelson got some run at the very end. She is just nowhere near being ready to play. She needs to redshirt and get time playing higher level ball. Has good size but is just RAW.

Overall this is a deadly team. As good as we were shooting last year this team appears to be even better. Looks like a 10 person rotation when everyone is healthy. Defense was a bit off, so I’m sure AJ will make that a point of focus prior to the start of the season. Excited to watch this team develop.
      Concerning injuries and past injuries… I’m trying to think what Myah and Tori had for specific injuries. I believe Myah had a knee problem the end of the 2021 season and then she had an ACL injury in 2019 and redshirted. I believe she has also had plantar fasciitis problems in the past if I’m not mistaken? Hopefully her last year will be without any major problems injury wise!

Tori I believe has had ankle problems in the past and I believe probably had to work through it a little bit this past year… Hopefully she is recovered.

It will take quite an effort(esp will the talented ranked teams to play early in the season)with Paige and Dru out for a while… They are studs in their own right! But it will at least give some of the talented younger ones experience

Comment

Originally posted by 73alum View Post

Concerning injuries and past injuries… I’m trying to think what Myah and Tori had for specific injuries. I believe Myah had a knee problem the end of the 2021 season and then she had an ACL injury in 2019 and redshirted. I believe she has also had plantar fasciitis problems in the past if I’m not mistaken? Hopefully her last year will be without any major problems injury wise!

Tori I believe has had ankle problems in the past and I believe probably had to work through it a little bit this past year… Hopefully she is recovered.

It will take quite an effort(esp will the talented ranked teams to play early in the season)with Paige and Dru out for a while… They are studs in their own right! But it will at least give some of the talented younger ones experience
        As we discuss injuries, Paiton has missed 1 game in her 4 years. Tori has missed 7 games in 3 years. Kalli missed 13 games in 2019-20 when she had an ACL injury. Last year she played in all 38 games. Last year Myah was playing in her first game of year against UCLA in the 7th game of the season when she suffered a shoulder injury which kept her sidelined until the 10th game against KState. Myah is due for a season where she plays every game. She is a game changer for the Jackrabbits. Last year Haleigh missed 1 game due to a family event. Overall, the team has been fairly healthy for keeping the core of the team available. Paige and Dru should return for the larger portion of the season which will boost the competitiveness. Injuries are part of all the teams. The supporting cast in Brookings should move the team forward as they get players back.
        Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post

As we discuss injuries, Paiton has missed 1 game in her 4 years. Tori has missed 7 games in 3 years. Kalli missed 13 games in 2019-20 when she had an ACL injury. Last year she played in all 38 games. Last year Myah was playing in her first game of year against UCLA in the 7th game of the season when she suffered a shoulder injury which kept her sidelined until the 10th game against KState. Myah is due for a season where she plays every game. She is a game changer for the Jackrabbits. Last year Haleigh missed 1 game due to a family event. Overall, the team has been fairly healthy for keeping the core of the team available. Paige and Dru should return for the larger portion of the season which will boost the competitiveness. Injuries are part of all the teams. The supporting cast in Brookings should move the team forward as they get players back.
          Nice summary and some of the injuries I had forgotten…Kallies for one. Plus Myah’s shoulder…another bummer. She plays full tilt so I know some of this could be expected. It seems like we have more injuries then some other teams but maybe not…every Jack’s fan just feels that way probably!!!

Comment

Originally posted by 98Jackfarmer View Post
            I was really impressed by the play of our three main freshmen. Madison needs to tighten up her D a little IMO, looked as though a couple times she was beat by a first step. But overall they are going to be very good and they came out ready to give er' hell!
            I want you all to know that I know they are freshmen and this was their first (so called) run at a college game. It was an exhibition game and they did have a scrimmage so who knows what you call it.

Madison was a little off on D but she handled the ball the best out of the PG's that SDSU had for this game. Ellie C. was a scoring machine but she didn't look very comfortable going to her left. The opposing coach saw that right away and wanted his players to make her go that way.. She would make a dribble, or two, with that hand and switch to her right hand. At the end of the first half, Myah had to play PG because they both had 2 fouls and I don't know who else is a sold PG. That is this teams weakness right now, they either need Meyer or Drew to get back until the true freshmen are ready.

By the way, MYAH looked better than normal and that says a lot.

Comment

Working...
            X