Exhibition : SW Minnesota St vs SDSU 6pm Frost Arena

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jakejc795 View Post

Ahh, so that's why my "prop" predictions aren't working.

You're a jinxer
    VERY unintentionally i promise!!! but YES it is all my fault!!!

Comment

Mesa Byom has 5 boards and i doubt she has been on the floor for 4 minutes

maddie V has 2 3s on i believe 2 attempts.

Comment

Originally posted by LetsGoRabbits View Post
        Mesa Byom has 5 boards and i doubt she has been on the floor for 4 minutes

maddie V has 2 3s on i believe 2 attempts.
        Talented team for sure, just getting started ! Right out of the starting block, haven't reached full stride yet.

Comment

Is there a box score for tonight’s game?

Comment

i feel like the box score will eventually be on the gojacks page but i cannot make any guarantee obviously

Comment

Originally posted by LetsGoRabbits View Post
              i feel like the box score will eventually be on the gojacks page but i cannot make any guarantee obviously
              They don't have box scores for last year's exhibitions, so they might not be forthcoming

Comment

Quick synopsis of the game from my perspective:

Myah looks all world, good grief.

Payton had around 15, she’s ready to go.

Tori and Timmer didn’t have big games, but didn’t really need to. They are fine.

Kallie player kind of her typical game. You didn’t really notice her and at the end she was in double figures. Really moving well and looks like she is going to take a step forward again this year.

Madison M. started at point but doesn’t really look the part. She is more of a two guard. I think she just played tight but had 9 point I believe. Will ultimately be a nice player who will probably have a couple of hot shooting nights that really help us.

Ellie C. had 19 points and looked more comfortable at the point. Girl is a scoring machine and is going to be a big contributor.

Brooklyn M had 9 points off the bench. Just looked so comfortable when she got the ball. Very smooth yet big and physical. All in all these 3 freshman as a unit are players and are going to be major contributors.

Madysen V. played a solid game and hit 2 3’s. Problem for her is once the 2 guards come back idk how much AJ is going to use the 11th player outside of garbage time.

Regan N. really impressed me with her athleticism. Honestly she could play and wouldn’t hurt the team. She likely is the most athletic player we have. She just doesn’t have a real solid offensive game and again is a victim of numbers. I would love to see her get some run because she has some juice.

Mesa played kind of how she plays. Didn’t show much in this game. Seems like every year she leans out and idk if that is really right for her. Just not as physical as the bigs in front of her. Likely another year away from getting time on the court.

The final freshman Nelson got some run at the very end. She is just nowhere near being ready to play. She needs to redshirt and get time playing higher level ball. Has good size but is just RAW.

Overall this is a deadly team. As good as we were shooting last year this team appears to be even better. Looks like a 10 person rotation when everyone is healthy. Defense was a bit off, so I’m sure AJ will make that a point of focus prior to the start of the season. Excited to watch this team develop.

Comment

Pre-season #4 UND falls to Northern State in exhibition 81-75. Yikes, could be an ugly year for a lot of the SL.

Comment

With Haleigh Timmer and Dru Gylten both out, recovering from injuires, I thought freshmen guards Madison Mathiewetz and Ellie Colbeck each handled the point pretty well. Mathiewetz started. Overall, the freshmen class looks strong. And Myah Selland wasn't hindered by braces on her legs and her shoulder wasn't taped up, and she looked fantastic.
                    This space for lease.

Comment

I was really impressed by the play of our three main freshmen. Madison needs to tighten up her D a little IMO, looked as though a couple times she was beat by a first step. But overall they are going to be very good and they came out ready to give er' hell!

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
                        With Haleigh Timmer and Dru Gylten both out, recovering from injuires, I thought freshmen guards Madison Mathiewetz and Ellie Colbeck each handled the point pretty well. Mathiewetz started. Overall, the freshmen class looks strong. And Myah Selland wasn't hindered by braces on her legs and her shoulder wasn't taped up, and she looked fantastic.
                        Timmer played...

Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk

"Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
                          I'm sure you were thinking Paige Myer instead of Haleigh Timmer being out nursing an injury, along with Dru Gylten also out do to injury. If Myah stays healthy all season, she'll really get a lot of consideration for the awards she's up for, the Becky Hammon and Cheryl Miller awards IMO, my gosh, what an opening statement in her first game of the season, just so fluid and effortless and commands such confidence, amazing stat line.

Comment

The returning players are looking focused as the season begins. The freshmen are appearing to be on the fast track to contributing to this season. Mathiowetz and Colbeck are not exactly Paige Meyer of a year ago, but they are very good as they can challenge for playing time. Meyer is a force inside as she finishes shots when double teamed and earning the basket plus 1. She will not be bullied by opponents posts. As a true freshman, she has(may I dare say?) Sjerven type strength with good speed. Nielsen has good court sense and decent hands for the ball as she appears to be further down in depth chart. These additions to the team are very promising as we anticipate the return of the injured players. It was a fun night as the prep for #21 Creighton who comes to Frost Monday.
                            Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post

I'm sure you were thinking Paige Myer instead of Haleigh Timmer being out nursing an injury, along with Dru Gylten also out do to injury. ...
                              Yes, sorry, I meant that Paige Myer was recovering from injury and did not play. Haleigh Timmer was fine.

This space for lease.

Comment

Lots to look forward to. If you give AJ the opportunity to bring in 4 freshmen you know there’s going to be at least one star in the bunch. I suppose that’s something we take for granted around here.

Comment

Working...
                                X