Roster and stats updated

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
    The basketball schedule is likely not complete for OOC. We know the women play in the Bahamas(3 games) & the Pentagon(SC) while the men have a tourney in Savannah. The women are likely playing UNI(here), Creighton(here), & Green Bay.(there) Mississippi St may be a possible return game in Brookings. There could be some mid major game(s) in Brookings with a P5 game or 2 on the road to begin a home and home. I do not anticipate the WBB staff to schedule an easy OOC.
    4 teams scheduled from top 7 of latest ESPN preseason forecast - best OOC lineup ever?

​​​​​​https://www.espn.com/womens-college-...top-25-2022-23

Comment

Originally posted by Jackrabbit2012 View Post

You can add Kansas St on the road to this list as well.

It is a "neutral" site game in Kansas City.
      Thanks for posting this, found the game scheduled for Dec 10 in their calendar.Also listed in their schedule, didn't realize they already put together their '22 - '23 schedule.
      Last edited by jackdaniel; 07-20-2022, 10:03 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by GrandpaLee View Post

4 teams scheduled from top 7 of latest ESPN preseason forecast - best OOC lineup ever?

​​​​​​https://www.espn.com/womens-college-...top-25-2022-23
        3 of those 4 are in the Battle 4 Atlantis, so the Jacks aren't likely to play all 3 in a tournament style format. But they likely will draw one of them in the first round. Regardless, the SOS should be as good as the Jacks have ever had.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post

3 of those 4 are in the Battle 4 Atlantis, so the Jacks aren't likely to play all 3 in a tournament style format. But they likely will draw one of them in the first round. Regardless, the SOS should be as good as the Jacks have ever had.
          Depends on whether they can keep on winning I assume, to how many p-5's they'll get to play. But all the teams in the battle for Atlantis are good, so it's a good experience.

Comment

Thanks for welcoming me! You'll find I don't really have a lot to add as I am rather an observer. My observation about last year and the WNIT run really affects the scheduling for this coming year: practice makes perfect.

As the tournament progressed the team kept getting more efficient and sure of the system. By the time they made it to the final game they had reached a type of perfection. There are very few teams that get the chance to play that long a season and keep getting better and better. With the emergence of Timmer they jelled. AJ has a system from years of stability. That includes grooming little girls who come to camps and commit to SDSU because they want to play for coach AJ. So, in short last year was a tremendous step in the program in many ways because actual game practice does make perfect. Win or lose this year the system and players will keep forward movement.

For musicians there is a point reached when a combination of talent, muscle memory, playing within themselves, and teamwork create magic. We saw magic against Seton Hall and it is possible to see it again against the new opponents this year.

Comment

Originally posted by KindofaHare View Post
              Thanks for welcoming me! You'll find I don't really have a lot to add as I am rather an observer. My observation about last year and the WNIT run really affects the scheduling for this coming year: practice makes perfect.

As the tournament progressed the team kept getting more efficient and sure of the system. By the time they made it to the final game they had reached a type of perfection. There are very few teams that get the chance to play that long a season and keep getting better and better. With the emergence of Timmer they jelled. AJ has a system from years of stability. That includes grooming little girls who come to camps and commit to SDSU because they want to play for coach AJ. So, in short last year was a tremendous step in the program in many ways because actual game practice does make perfect. Win or lose this year the system and players will keep forward movement.

For musicians there is a point reached when a combination of talent, muscle memory, playing within themselves, and teamwork create magic. We saw magic against Seton Hall and it is possible to see it again against the new opponents this year.
              I could never keep my mouth shut, the 6-7 yrs you were just observing before you joined the club,that you stated in your previous post. I applaud you for your strong willed perserverance. I managed to record the Seton Hall game and have watched it many times, I agree, it was maybe the best game we played all season long.

Comment

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
                Can I ask for dates clarification on OOC schedule release and WBB and MBB ( or just winter sports Media Day I guess) dates. Doesn't have to be exact dates, but I believe the OOC schedules are released sometime mid Aug and Winter Sports Media days are around mid OCT. Does that sound about right? I just went from last seasons dates and I believe they stay relatively close season to season. That is why I kinda like last season's info to remain up so I can go back and check on things, especially games without going thru the extra steps to check them. But around mid Oct, I like them updated to reflect more on this season's teams.
                WBB twitter page just posted that they will be releasing the non-conference schedule this week. They usually don't post it until the middle or end of August, so it is out a little quicker this year.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackrabbit2012 View Post

WBB twitter page just posted that they will be releasing the non-conference schedule this week. They usually don't post it until the middle or end of August, so it is out a little quicker this year.
                  OK, THANKS Jackrabbit 2012, I'll be looking forward to seeing it. Thanks again!

Comment

Working...
                  X