• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roster and stats updated

This was done a while ago actually. 2 weeks ago, maybe? a little less

interesting change:

Paige switched from #2 to #21 taking Tylee's number
    anyone know? was 21 her number in high school

also seems a bit interesting that 3 of the 5 players who left had their number taken. i am sure that there are NO rules about it but it usually seems like they try to give a number a year off after someone graduates or leaves. clearly there are circumstances where they would NOT do that, but it seems like it is something they think about

no doubt if Paige asked to have 21 they would want her to have it
    questions- i wonder if paige or the staff asked Tylee if she would mind? (probably not) but obviously Tylee has been a very significant player. all time leader in games played and one of 3 in program history to play significant minutes in ncaa sweet 16 and win a wnit championship
    obviously all the girls who graduated this year were on both, but i dont think any of them played much in the sweet 16 run. actually i am sure none of them got anything more than cleanup time except maybe LT

i wonder if it was promised to paige before she came that she could have it after tylee graduated
    none of these things matter, but they are silly thoughts that go through my mind and maybe they lead to some converation around here))

Madison got LT old number 3

Dru got Lauren old number 10. i am pretty sure 10 was Dru number at utah, so it would be an obvious NO BRAINER they would let her have it here

Stats wise, i wonder why the girls do not have the same historical stats that the guys do. all time single season and career records and so forth

we have the scoring leaders of course, with the list of 1000 point scorers

hate to even speak about health, but if Myah and Paiton can be healthy enough to repeat the numbers from last year, Myah becomes the 2nd in program history to top 2000 pts. i would say she has zero chance to catch Macy for the top but she should be number 2
    i think she would need about 750 to catch Macy and i am not sure she has ever topped 500 in a season

and Paiton would have a chance to move somewhere between top 4 to top 6. she would have to top her best season ever by a bit to move above 4th, provided that Myah also moves up

Wondering if Sports Info staff has turned over?? No "Player Bio" details on newbies. They signed NLI's last November, so enough time to research & interview & construct background summaries.

Da Yotes do it. Checked several other WBB rosters and found them informative.

Actually, no updates for Paige Meyer or Haleigh Timmer after encouraging freshman seasons.

Comment

First post here. I been following this forum for 6-7 years and decided to join last year. I believe number 21 jersey is taken by B. Meyer, not P. Meyer. Kind of eliminates some controversy understanding that.

Comment

Brooklyn Meyer appears to be wearing her HS number 31.
        https://gojacks.com/sports/womens-basketball/roster
        https://siouxlandnews.com/sports/fea...brooklyn-meyer Nice feature from Sioux City station.
        Last edited by OldHare; 07-19-2022, 09:21 AM.
        Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by GrandpaLee View Post
          Wondering if Sports Info staff has turned over?? No "Player Bio" details on newbies. They signed NLI's last November, so enough time to research & interview & construct background summaries.

Actually, no updates for Paige Meyer or Haleigh Timmer after encouraging freshman seasons.
          The MBB bio for freshmen is on GoJacks.com. The WBB must have a different person.
          Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by GrandpaLee View Post

I have been wondering about these things for a long time grandpa.

i mean it is not like the sky is falling or anything, but i really dont understand why roster, coaching staff, and statistics cannot be updated in a far more speedy fashion. and maybe there is a perfectly good reason?? i am certainly not trying to be overly critical or suggesting heads need to roll or anything of the sort. simply VERY curious

for instance, Coach Wood was listed on Creighton website as their softball coach before the press conference. she remained listed as our head coach until about a couple weeks ago

i am all for leaving the old rosters in place for a while after the season is over. it is tough to let go of players who have been with us for a while, so i am NEVER in a hurry to remove a Tylee, or LT, etc..... from any of our sport rosters, but i think by the time the players for the next season appear on campus it would make sense to have them on the roster and those who graduated or left removed from the roster

Comment

Originally posted by KindofaHare View Post
              First post here. I been following this forum for 6-7 years and decided to join last year. I believe number 21 jersey is taken by B. Meyer, not P. Meyer. Kind of eliminates some controversy understanding that.
              DEFINITELY was not suggesting ANY type of controversy. as i said in my post, i thought it was interesting. just wondered if anyone knew any more about it as far as a reason. if anyone knows anything- great))) and if not- still interesting

CURIOUS, are you saying you have some additional information? are you stating or suggesting that the roster on gojacks.com is wrong? i have seen a couple different listings of Brooklyn Meyer as # 31, as Old Hare followed up with, but if you are suggesting that Paige will not be number 21, do you have an idea what number she will be, since she is definitely NOT listed with her old number 2 on the updated roster

just to be as clear as humanly possible, i am NOT suggesting any controversy, or problem, or anything of even a slightly negative sort!!!!!!!! i merely found it to be interesting and wondered if anyone had any additional info

or any other thoughts

welcome aboard Kindofahare! like the handle)!!

Comment

Can I ask for dates clarification on OOC schedule release and WBB and MBB ( or just winter sports Media Day I guess) dates. Doesn't have to be exact dates, but I believe the OOC schedules are released sometime mid Aug and Winter Sports Media days are around mid OCT. Does that sound about right? I just went from last seasons dates and I believe they stay relatively close season to season. That is why I kinda like last season's info to remain up so I can go back and check on things, especially games without going thru the extra steps to check them. But around mid Oct, I like them updated to reflect more on this season's teams.
                Last edited by jackdaniel; 07-19-2022, 02:06 PM.

Comment

Well, I misread an Instagram post with pictures of the newbie jerseys. I’ll just go back to lurking, admiring the passion of the posters on this forum, and being an advid WBB Jacks fan.

Comment

Well, I misread an Instagram post with pictures of the newbie jerseys. I’ll just go back to lurking, admiring the passion of the posters on this forum, and being an advid WBB Jacks fan.
                    No need to stop posting. Everyone here has made posts that didn't age well. We definitely need new blood as there seems to be fewer posting here all the time.

Comment

Jeepers yeah like ticket said!! please dont stop posting!! the more people we have hopefully it keeps some kinda conversation going on around here

i meant it very sincerely i did not take any offense to your post AT ALL!! i was just interested to find out more if you had any more info available!! not to make any assumption your suggestion to go back to lurking even had anything to do with my post. i DONT think everything is connected to me!!!
                      but i did want to clear it up in case my comment about controversy had ANYTHING to do with you feeling like you should not post (if it did, sheesh i am a giant knucklehead and the last person who needs, wants, or should ever be the internet police)

Comment

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
                        Can I ask for dates clarification on OOC schedule release and WBB and MBB ( or just winter sports Media Day I guess) dates. Doesn't have to be exact dates, but I believe the OOC schedules are released sometime mid Aug and Winter Sports Media days are around mid OCT. Does that sound about right? I just went from last seasons dates and I believe they stay relatively close season to season. That is why I kinda like last season's info to remain up so I can go back and check on things, especially games without going thru the extra steps to check them. But around mid Oct, I like them updated to reflect more on this season's teams.
                        yeah JD i kinda like it that they leave the previous season schedule up for a while, cuz that seems to be the first place i want to look for a box score or something from last year too)!! but truthfully, it they want to take the old schedule down as soon as they start making the new one, it is not really too bad to get to a list of games from last season or any season

just go under teams and click stats for the given team and you get a list of the seasons so you can look last year or any year you want. you probably know all that, sorry! but if taking the old schedule down would mean they also update stats and rosters, i have to say i am probably for it.

i also dont know why the stats are different for MBB and WBB?? any idea WHY they would not use the same system and offer the same info for both programs?

and i know this is under WBB (i am afterall the one who put it here, haha) but as long as we are talking about stats and website accuracy, etc... they have D Wilson total career points updated on the 1000 pt scorer list. BUT they DO NOT have his individual career summary up to date. literally, they still have ONLY the stats from his first year

Comment

The basketball schedule is likely not complete for OOC. We know the women play in the Bahamas(3 games) & the Pentagon(SC) while the men have a tourney in Savannah. The women are likely playing UNI(here), Creighton(here), & Green Bay.(there) Mississippi St may be a possible return game in Brookings. There could be some mid major game(s) in Brookings with a P5 game or 2 on the road to begin a home and home. I do not anticipate the WBB staff to schedule an easy OOC.

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
                            The basketball schedule is likely not complete for OOC. We know the women play in the Bahamas(3 games) & the Pentagon(SC) while the men have a tourney in Savannah. The women are likely playing UNI(here), Creighton(here), & Green Bay.(there) Mississippi St may be a possible return game in Brookings. There could be some mid major game(s) in Brookings with a P5 game or 2 on the road to begin a home and home. I do not anticipate the WBB staff to schedule an easy OOC.
                            I definitely agree with you OldHare, I think AJ knows he'll have a seasoned team back as well as a dynamite recruiting class, I concur with you he'll schedule tough to challenge them all and play the best teams he can find, that's AJ's M. O., win or lose, they'll know the type of competition they'll expect to see in the NCAA tournament should we get back there next season.It looks kind of tough already from what we kind of speculate who we'll be facing OOC. The Mens team will have a harder time, not their fault, it's just that in the men's game it's much harder to crack into scheduling the P-5 schools I'm sure they try too.

I might as well add, I too would like to continue to hear from you KindofaHare , for many of the reasons already given.The message board is open to everyone, even a dummy like me was accepted , so you should have no fear. Welcome aboard and get your friends to post too, the more the merrier, that's my philosophy.Filbert (the board owner) only has a few rules, mostly, don't be a jerk, ( you seem like you don't have to worry there) you can talk about posts, but not about posters, in other words don't get too critical or abusive toward posters. Those, and no politics are the main ones, oh, he likes you to not post things as fact when they aren't. My simplistic explenation, he has them all posted in the thread directory under announcements/ guidlines if you want to look at them. I'm long winded sometimes, sorry.
                            Last edited by jackdaniel; 07-20-2022, 02:41 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
                              You can add Kansas St on the road to this list as well.

It is a "neutral" site game in Kansas City.

Comment

Working...
                              X