2026 Recruits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GoJacks2011 View Post

We can match their resume but they’re still a P5 school and a great program. Would love to see her come to us but I think she’s looking to go out of state based on these offers.
    Does she really average a smidgen (sp?) over 50% 3 pt shooting, dang near 60% 2 pt range ( Ashlyn Koupal 2026 SDSU offer - 57.58%/53.85%/69.2%; 21.0/5.0/0.67/0/0.67 ) that's amazing if she can keep that up (fairly close anyway) No wonder she's getting a lot of interest, I'll have to watch her play no matter where she ends up. She must not take a ton of shots though, JUST (what?) 21 pts a game. Must be like the Jacks, everyone can score for Wagner HS. Wonder what Caitlyn Clarks HS stats were like, pretty dang good too I'd guess.

Comment

Koupal adds an offer from Dawn and the Gophers.

Comment

Originally posted by SteelSD View Post
        Koupal adds an offer from Dawn and the Gophers.
        Since that has added offers from Utah, Alabama, Georgia Tech, TCU, and Arkansas.

Comment

Originally posted by SteelSD View Post

Since that has added offers from Utah, Alabama, Georgia Tech, TCU, and Arkansas.
          They all seem so far away , except for the Gophers and locally. I expect Amy Williams at Neb to chime in any time now, maybe the Hawkeyes, they've had great success with Clark, but she's gone now, who knows how they'll fare now, I'm sure they'll want to get back on that perch, IA ST , Creighton, GB Pheonix , may come about too. The big question to me is, will she go far away from home or not? I guess we'll find out her Junior year in HS? That seems to be the norm for making a commitment it seems. I always cheer for the local girls, no matter where they play. I've been waiting for Bella Swedland to get on the court, but she's been plagued with injuries so far.
          Last edited by jackdaniel; 05-14-2024, 11:31 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post

They all seem so far away , except for the Gophers and locally. I expect Amy Williams at Neb to chime in any time now, maybe the Hawkeyes, they've had great success with Clark, but she's gone now, who knows how they'll fare now, I'm sure they'll want to get back on that perch, IA ST , Creighton, GB Pheonix , may come about too. The big question to me is, will she go far away from home or not? I guess we'll find out her Junior year in HS? That seems to be the norm for making a commitment it seems. I always cheer for the local girls, no matter where they play. I've been waiting for Bella Swedland to get on the court, but she's been plagued with injuries so far.
            Williams talked with Koupal a while back and offered.

Comment

Originally posted by rimmer View Post

Williams talked with Koupal a while back and offered.
              Yes, she's getting too many to keep up with it seems, at least for me. I went back a little further in this thread and saw her other offers, missed Ia St also, who had already offered. Ashlyn will have quite an extensive list compiled by the time she chooses .I plan on watching her games as much as I can , because she's a local that's done good I guess one can say, and should be fun to watch. Of course, I'm really looking forward to watching our Jacks next season too, I'd be remiss if I didn't mention that !!!

Comment

Yes, she's getting too many to keep up with it seems, at least for me. I went back a little further in this thread and saw her other offers, missed Ia St also, who had already offered. Ashlyn will have quite an extensive list compiled by the time she chooses .I plan on watching her games as much as I can , because she's a local that's done good I guess one can say, and should be fun to watch. Of course, I'm really looking forward to watching our Jacks next season too, I'd be remiss if I didn't mention that !!!
                jmo......in the end, .i would be a little surprised if she doesn't choose the yotes.

Comment

Originally posted by rimmer View Post

jmo......in the end, .i would be a little surprised if she doesn't choose the yotes.
                  She has family ties there, her Aunt Mandy attended USD and played her first college season for SDSU (as first noted by ringthebells below) , also a great, great player back then.
                  Last edited by jackdaniel; 05-21-2024, 08:02 AM.

Comment

Her Aunt Mandy started as a Jackrabbit.
                    One hand points to campus...the other to the liquor store.

Comment

Originally posted by ringthebells View Post
                      Her Aunt Mandy started as a Jackrabbit.
                      So, why did she transfer to that God forsaken place then? Was it due to a change in major?

Comment

I just come across an old interview just yesterday about Mandy Koupal, and she was asked this very question by Craig Mattick as to why she left and went to play at USD. It was due to academics. It's a long interview so to save you some time, it comes up a smidgen less than half way through the interview.
                        Last edited by jackdaniel; 05-21-2024, 08:05 AM.

Comment

I just come across an old interview just yesterday with Mandy Koupal, and she was asked this very question by Craig Mattick as to why she left and went to play at USD. It was due to academics. It's a long interview so to save you some time, it comes up a smidgen less than half way through the interview.
                          Thank You

Comment

I don't know the answer to that. AJ hadn't taken over yet so it was a different atmosphere. I don't know what her major was, but if it was elementary education, you couldn't get that at SDSU at that time. You could do early childhood ed. Elementary Ed had to be completed at BHSU, usd, DSU, or NSU. Maybe that was the reason? Maybe she likes the color red? At some point though, SDSU looked better than USD did to her. Hopefully her niece will give it the same chance.

Ignore my response. Jack answered the question before I hit send.
                            One hand points to campus...the other to the liquor store.

Comment

Originally posted by ringthebells View Post
                              I don't know the answer to that. AJ hadn't taken over yet so it was a different atmosphere. I don't know what her major was, but if it was elementary education, you couldn't get that at SDSU at that time. You could do early childhood ed. Elementary Ed had to be completed at BHSU, usd, DSU, or NSU. Maybe that was the reason? Maybe she likes the color red? At some point though, SDSU looked better than USD did to her. Hopefully her niece will give it the same chance.

Ignore my response. Jack answered the question before I hit send.
                              You are exactly correct, you have a good memory ringthebells, I , on the other hand, just happened upon an interview done way back.Thank you for bringing up AJ, I was wondering if he was head coach then, and was too lazy to find out myself.

Comment

Originally posted by 98Jackfarmer View Post

Thank You
                                ....yup, you're welcome, you were on to the reason too ! Jackrabbits are so smart !!!

Comment

Working...
                                X