2026 Recruits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Project-Badass View Post

Nagel and Emma Yost will both be playing at DWU.
    thank you! i never heard them say that about Nagel but i would think she will have a chance to be very good for them! earlier, I thought i heard them say that Wadsworth from Hamlin was also going to DWU, but last night they said USF

Comment

Originally posted by GoJacks2011 View Post

I think she already has a Nebraska offer. I think she’ll garner more. From what I hear it’s a high likelihood she goes out of state somewhere. Would be nice if we could get her but it’s obviously a very USD family so I think we’re facing an uphill recruiting battle with her. With the way things are in Vermilllion, I can’t see her sticking around to go there either. Lots of talent and potential so I’m sure bigger schools yet will come knocking.
      If she isn't going to sign with the Jacks, out-of-state would be the preferred result.

Comment

She’s young. A lot of recruiting left ahead of her. All we can do is the best we can and if it is supposed to be it will be. I hope she stays healthy so I can enjoy a full 3 more years of watching her in Wagner.

Comment

I think she already has a Nebraska offer. I think she’ll garner more. From what I hear it’s a high likelihood she goes out of state somewhere. Would be nice if we could get her but it’s obviously a very USD family so I think we’re facing an uphill recruiting battle with her. With the way things are in Vermilllion, I can’t see her sticking around to go there either. Lots of talent and potential so I’m sure bigger schools yet will come knocking.
          Amy Williams likes to see who we are interested in it seems. Of course, a lot of teams do I suppose.

Comment

Originally posted by SteelSD View Post
            Jacks offer Trishelle Miller, 5'8" G Sioux City East. Ranked #17 in region by Five State Hoops.

Offers: Drake
            Has added an offer from USD.

Comment

I thought the same with Katie Vasecka, was pleasantly surprised to learn she preferred to play close to home, and thrilled she chose the Jacks to play for. I too would like to see Ashley and Katie playing together, but then I remember thinking how great Markowski and Brooklyn would be together, things can change very quickly for better or worse in sports it seems. Love it that we still had Kallie , Brooklyn and Burckard ( post and perimeter) remaining. Would be thrilled to get Ashlyn, or a very good PF whose athletic (Angel Reese type) or great high % shooter as long as I'm wishing. I really do like our core team as it is, not needing to build on it too much, very good and capable players. We are always on the verge ... being a great team a player or two away from becoming that "something special" team that will go and take the next step. We never get too depleted in talent, that makes each season exciting to look forward too. I've been hoping for some '25, '26 players to show up, maybe a tad too early for them, but after our great '24 class, the cupboard gets a little bare as it stands now. Sorry, this turned out to be a little longer post than anticipated.

Comment

Jacks offer Trishelle Miller, 5'8" G Sioux City East. Ranked #17 in region by Five State Hoops.

Offers: Drake
                Did we actually offer her last year, Steel, according to your post 8/2/22?

Comment

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post

I thought the same with Katie Vasecka, was pleasantly surprised to learn she preferred to play close to home, and thrilled she chose the Jacks to play for. I too would like to see Ashley and Katie playing together, but then I remember thinking how great Markowski and Brooklyn would be together, things can change very quickly for better or worse in sports it seems. Love it that we still had Kallie , Brooklyn and Burckard ( post and perimeter) remaining. Would be thrilled to get Ashlyn, or a very good PF whose athletic (Angel Reese type) or great high % shooter as long as I'm wishing. I really do like our core team as it is, not needing to build on it too much, very good and capable players. We are always on the verge ... being a great team a player or two away from becoming that "something special" team that will go and take the next step. We never get too depleted in talent, that makes each season exciting to look forward too. I've been hoping for some '25, '26 players to show up, maybe a tad too early for them, but after our great '24 class, the cupboard gets a little bare as it stands now. Sorry, this turned out to be a little longer post than anticipated.
                  yeah JD could you try to take it a little easy with the novel writing career)))

appreciate your enthusiasm buddy!

Comment

Originally posted by 73alum View Post
                    Did we actually offer her last year, Steel, according to your post 8/2/22?
                    Yes we did. We were the first to offer I think.

Comment

Originally posted by LetsGoRabbits View Post

Cmon LGR you can’t even talk LOL

Comment

Originally posted by LetsGoRabbits View Post

I might be your biggest competition for long- windedness I think, sometimes

Comment

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post

I might be your biggest competition for long- windedness I think, sometimes
                          are there actually competitions for that?? i think i could actually win one of those contests if i really try)))) haha
                          it is obviously way way way too slow around here! when does football start)))

Comment

Koupal had picked up an offer from Iowa St. She is likely moved beyond our reach. Bummer, would liked to have seen her framed up with Vasecka.

Comment

Koupal had picked up an offer from Iowa St. She is likely moved beyond our reach. Bummer, would liked to have seen her framed up with Vasecka.
                              Is Iowa State relevant in WBB?

Unless is UCONN, South Carolina, or LSU, I don’t think anyone is past AJ.

Comment

Originally posted by salemjack View Post

Is Iowa State relevant in WBB?

Unless is UCONN, South Carolina, or LSU, I don’t think anyone is past AJ.
                                We can match their resume but they’re still a P5 school and a great program. Would love to see her come to us but I think she’s looking to go out of state based on these offers.

Comment

Working...
                                X