No announcement yet.

WNIT GDT: Crimson Tide vs Jackrabbits 5pm Frost Arena Midco/ESPN3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

credit to Jacks fans for showing up. Oregon State vs UCLA had about 2,900 at OSU

Comment

Originally posted by SturgisJeff View Post
      credit to Jacks fans for showing up. Oregon State vs UCLA had about 2,900 at OSU
      This is a P5 program. Just don’t have the conference name.

I’d rather be in our shoes than a pretender in a P5 conference

Comment

Hats off to LT, she was huge for us today. She was the MVP for us tonight. Will need her to continue to hit open shots and play good defense if we want to win the whole thing.

Comment

We tried to snatch defeat out of the jaws of victory.

Comment

Originally posted by Justwin View Post
            We tried to snatch defeat out of the jaws of victory.
            It's unusual that a team can play two long stretches of crappy basketball and still come out with a win. The first 7 minutes of the second quarter and the entire third were about as bad as the Jacks have played in awhile. But the first quarter and the last 8 minutes were about as good as they can play. Need to cut down the turnovers and close out better on 3 point shooters going forward.

Comment

Originally posted by jakejc795 View Post

You missed it. She met AJ courtside prior to Midco cutting to commercial.
              Coaches did shake hands. Jacks players were getting in the handshake line but the Bama players headed for the locker room and were met with a few boos.

Comment

We will need Myah to step up and take over next round. Pretty impressive we have a freshman and a reserve jump up in winning time and get the job done tho!

Comment

i have almost nothing negative to take away from that game))!!!

yes YES! we did make some poor TOs. dribbled into some bad spots and made some weak or ill advised passes. but being of the belief that you are NOT going to play a perfect game i thought we played very very well. and i give the credit for the majority of our difficulties to alabama!!

LOTS of credit to them!!!! i really thought we were going to bury them when we were up so much early!! tons of credit to them for coming back not once but twice from 14 or more down!!

i think they really frustrated us with their defense. i think they were quicker and more problematic with their hands than anyone we have played. they collapsed well on our drives and did not let us consistently kick out for good looks.

i do not think we got a single basked by posting one of our big perimeter players on their small guards!!! WHO would have ever guessed that?? i thought we would destroy them by posting tori and tylee and timmer up against them!! even myah did not have great success posting their smaller players. they helped well and they were physical and they caused trouble with their hands. again hats off to them

but also hats off to US for finding ways to win anyway!!

i think from now on any LT haters will have to simply endure her cold streaks quietly. she just became an all time legend. could not be happier for her. she has endured so much. ups and downs and role changes. no doubt a few game back she was having confidence issues with her shooting. so glad she hung in there and found a way to be ready!!

with all the excitement of winning and the deserved focus on two HUGE 3s by LT to go from down one to up 5, it will be easy for a lot of people to forget the HUGE HUGE steal by tylee.

so big!!! we had the big 3 to go up 2. we got a stop and had a chance to really make it tough for them!! and they made a great play and get the steal. they have the ball with about a minute to take the lead and put the heat on us. BUT NO tylee freaking irwin with the huge steal!!! so fitting that she made that play WHILE she was denying the ball to their best player who had absolutely killed us from the first quarter on.

tylee has to be at the head of the discussion for the best perimeter defender we have ever had so very fitting way for her to put an exclamation point on a HUGE game near the very end of her career. so happy for her

Comment

i also thought myah played extremely well!!!! her scoring numbers being down a little do not mean she had a bad game

her rebounds and assists were very good. she still had 13. in the second half she was drawing 3 defenders every time she came inside the 3pt line. so either they did a really good job of recovering out of those when she passed or we did a bad job of taking advantage of it. i am giving most of the credit to them

but it was myah who started the last play that lead to LT final 3. she got the ball and drew 3 defenders. passed out and the ball ended in the hands of LT. i really disagree that myah played badly but she does need other people to hit shots if she is going to be tripled

i will say YES today she did miss some solid looks at 3 more than she has been.

Comment

i think that Haliegh timmer has kind of shown that she will probably be ok in big games))!!!!!! WOW

was anyone else surprised that she passed that last ball to LT? i would not say i am surprised but i fully expected her to do something good when she got it

Comment

By no means did I mean to say Myah had a bad game. We were spoiled in the MM era. When the chips were down she simply said I'm better than they are and went and got a basket.

Comment

i did think tori struggled today. i was glad they let LT stay in the game down the stretch because she was playing excellent defense and she does a great job of boxing out and fighting for boards. obviously she did more than that today)))!!!

but i would have thought that tori would have had a big day posting up their smaller girls but she was really largely invisible. obviously i can look but as i recall, i think she played well against ucla the first time, so hopefully she has some good mojo going in

Comment

Originally posted by LetsGoRabbits View Post
                            i did think tori struggled today. i was glad they let LT stay in the game down the stretch because she was playing excellent defense and she does a great job of boxing out and fighting for boards. obviously she did more than that today)))!!!

but i would have thought that tori would have had a big day posting up their smaller girls but she was really largely invisible. obviously i can look but as i recall, i think she played well against ucla the first time, so hopefully she has some good mojo going in
                            Bama's quickness really seemed to bother her.

Comment

Originally posted by Justwin View Post
                              By no means did I mean to say Myah had a bad game. We were spoiled in the MM era. When the chips were down she simply said I'm better than they are and went and got a basket.
                              i APOLOGIZE if you thought i was trying to argue with you. i was not trying to answer anyone really. but seems there has been a little bit of negative conversation about myah since the SLT final. and you talk about being spoiled by MM, NO DOUBT we were))!! but i do think we are all being spoiled by myah but not recognizing it as much as we should. she is really incredible

and that is NO disrespect to MM. definitely love the memories of all the great things she did as a rabbit!!! but that brings up a good example. go back and look at the stats from the ncaa run in MM final year. notice who had the other big games. myah. i would have to go back and look too but i think she had 5 assists in both the win at syracuse and loss to oregon. WHO btw was about ten times better team than who usd had to play to try go to last 8. and we only lost to them by 10 on their home floor. not a few hundred miles from home with a thousand of our fans making it a home game

but back to more important thoughts. i think in those 3 ncaa games myah averaged close to 15 and 5 and 5. dont remember how she did in that SLT but i bet it was also excellent, although i think tagyn larson had a very good SLT

myah has had some games lately where the other team is absolutely saying go ahead ANYONE else beat us but we will put 3 people on her if we have to. myah makes the smart plays and passes. thank goodness in the 4th Q today haliegh and LT knocked it down in those spots

Comment

Originally posted by LetsGoRabbits View Post

i APOLOGIZE if you thought i was trying to argue with you. i was not trying to answer anyone really. but seems there has been a little bit of negative conversation about myah since the SLT final. and you talk about being spoiled by MM, NO DOUBT we were))!! but i do think we are all being spoiled by myah but not recognizing it as much as we should. she is really incredible

and that is NO disrespect to MM. definitely love the memories of all the great things she did as a rabbit!!! but that brings up a good example. go back and look at the stats from the ncaa run in MM final year. notice who had the other big games. myah. i would have to go back and look too but i think she had 5 assists in both the win at syracuse and loss to oregon. WHO btw was about ten times better team than who usd had to play to try go to last 8. and we only lost to them by 10 on their home floor. not a few hundred miles from home with a thousand of our fans making it a home game

but back to more important thoughts. i think in those 3 ncaa games myah averaged close to 15 and 5 and 5. dont remember how she did in that SLT but i bet it was also excellent, although i think tagyn larson had a very good SLT

myah has had some games lately where the other team is absolutely saying go ahead ANYONE else beat us but we will put 3 people on her if we have to. myah makes the smart plays and passes. thank goodness in the 4th Q today haliegh and LT knocked it down in those spots
                                No worries. I didn't take it that way.

Comment

Working...
                                X