No announcement yet.

Senior Day GDT: KC Roos vs SDSU Jackrabbits 2pm Frost Arena GoJacks.com/Watch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Let's hope for the best. But if we plan for the worst at least like has been said we have capable backups. We can still run them to "hell or high water" in the SLT. We will be OK.

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
      Coach Jacie Hoyt comes to Frost in her fifth year with a 12-5 Summit record solidly in third place. She is the daughter of Shelly Hoyt who has the Kansas high school record of 107 consecutive wins including 4 straight state championships. Hoyt turned in 20+ wins in 2019-20 at Kansas City which was a few years in coming. The Roos have 22 wins this year. Her contract extension runs through 2024-25. For those who enjoyed watching Omaha Head Coach Brittany Lange, Hoyt will replace that habit. Hoyt has 6 senior/grad student players transferred into KC. 5 of those start and they are leading rebounders and scorers. The rotation will be a couple of sophomores off the bench playing 10-20 minutes each. The win at NDSU saw 37 minutes of play from the bench. Alnatas is the POY candidate for the Roos. She averages 18.3 points shooting 47%, 3.8 rebounds, & 5.3 assists with only 2.8 turnovers. The Roos are athletic and quick, but the Jackrabbits will challenge with the defense. The Roos scored 78 points in the first game in KC. That number will need to be lowered today. Seniors Rongisch, Greer, Irwin, and Hirschman will be recognized today as they complete their time as players. Go Jacks!!
      Hoyt may have set a Summit League record for quickest time out at the start of a quarter. After telling her team between the 1st and 2nd quarter that they had to defend better, the Jacks scored a quick easy bucket and she called a timeout about 15 seconds into the quarter.

Comment

Lindsey Theuninck and Heley Greer are good, backup point guards. If Paige Meyer is unable to play, the Jacks will still be good hands.
        This space for lease.

Comment

The Jackrabbit women really improved as the season progressed. Myah and Tori seemed to get healthier each week. The result was a great season and at least a regular season co-championship. A Summit Tourney championship in Sioux Falls sure would be a nice way to top the season off. Go, Jacks!
          This space for lease.

Comment

well from what i see, the latest NET has us 36 and some other team i loathe 38. wonder if the game tonight can change that or not??

but i really do not think it matters. actually slightly surprised that they are making it up. but i guess they could not get credit for be co champs without this game

but playing the 3 or 4 in semi i am not sure matters. i think UMKC and ORU are about equal. they play different style but i think the degree of difficulty or danger is almost identical.

also, i think as long as both teams make it to the final, both will make the NCAA

on another note, have to believe that the MRI was done yesterday or this morning. hoping for surprisingly good news obviously!!!!!! do not imagine we will hear anything unless it is good news and maybe not then either

Comment

I would expect some type of news about Paige Meyer on the Coaches Show at 6pm. I will likely listen to this end of the season/pre SLT show as the coaches and crowd should be an excited crew. I would expect great SLT crowds for the women and men.
              Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by LetsGoRabbits View Post
                well from what i see, the latest NET has us 36 and some other team i loathe 38. wonder if the game tonight can change that or not??

but i really do not think it matters. actually slightly surprised that they are making it up. but i guess they could not get credit for be co champs without this game

but playing the 3 or 4 in semi i am not sure matters. i think UMKC and ORU are about equal. they play different style but i think the degree of difficulty or danger is almost identical.

also, i think as long as both teams make it to the final, both will make the NCAA

on another note, have to believe that the MRI was done yesterday or this morning. hoping for surprisingly good news obviously!!!!!! do not imagine we will hear anything unless it is good news and maybe not then either
                It could change with a big USD win. There is another game tonight that could have some impact on the Jacks NET rating. Iowa State plays Baylor for the outright Big 12 title. Go Cyclones !

Comment

so "maybe" the NET can change, but i guess i still think overall it makes little to no difference. 1 or 2 seed for the SLT is pretty much the same and i think we will make the NCAA regardless. maybe a small difference in seeding for the NCAA

the girls have done a great job of putting themselves in position to accomplish something special post season, despite some big challenges and a difficult start to the season. congratulations again to the girls and the coaches and everyone involved!!

i could see this team get an 11 or 12 seed. we have had great success from both of those spots

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
                    I would expect some type of news about Paige Meyer on the Coaches Show at 6pm. I will likely listen to this end of the season/pre SLT show as the coaches and crowd should be an excited crew. I would expect great SLT crowds for the women and men.
                    No news on Paige till at least tomorrow per AJ on the Coaches Show.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post

No news on Paige till at least tomorrow per AJ on the Coaches Show.
                      Is the fact that we haven't heard any news about Paige a good sign? I feel like if it was an ACL tear we should have heard by now, unless it is a strategic move to not let the public know. At this point I am more concerned about having her back at full strength for next year.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackrabbit2012 View Post

Is the fact that we haven't heard any news about Paige a good sign? I feel like if it was an ACL tear we should have heard by now, unless it is a strategic move to not let the public know. At this point I am more concerned about having her back at full strength for next year.
                        The program has been pretty protective regarding medical info on injured players. I don't think we ever did hear what the extent of Myah's injury was a year ago. It seems like more details come from the players themselves, if they choose to share them.

Comment

Sadly she's in the same boat Myah was last year. It wasn't what we wanted to hear from my info. I hope I am still wrong but doubt it.
                          Last edited by 98Jackfarmer; 03-04-2022, 12:14 PM.

Comment

Working...
                          X