No announcement yet.

Senior Day GDT: KC Roos vs SDSU Jackrabbits 2pm Frost Arena GoJacks.com/Watch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Senior Day GDT: KC Roos vs SDSU Jackrabbits 2pm Frost Arena GoJacks.com/Watch

Coach Jacie Hoyt comes to Frost in her fifth year with a 12-5 Summit record solidly in third place. She is the daughter of Shelly Hoyt who has the Kansas high school record of 107 consecutive wins including 4 straight state championships. Hoyt turned in 20+ wins in 2019-20 at Kansas City which was a few years in coming. The Roos have 22 wins this year. Her contract extension runs through 2024-25. For those who enjoyed watching Omaha Head Coach Brittany Lange, Hoyt will replace that habit. Hoyt has 6 senior/grad student players transferred into KC. 5 of those start and they are leading rebounders and scorers. The rotation will be a couple of sophomores off the bench playing 10-20 minutes each. The win at NDSU saw 37 minutes of play from the bench. Alnatas is the POY candidate for the Roos. She averages 18.3 points shooting 47%, 3.8 rebounds, & 5.3 assists with only 2.8 turnovers. The Roos are athletic and quick, but the Jackrabbits will challenge with the defense. The Roos scored 78 points in the first game in KC. That number will need to be lowered today. Seniors Rongisch, Greer, Irwin, and Hirschman will be recognized today as they complete their time as players. Go Jacks!!
    Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Paige Meyer goes down with a knee injury. Didn’t look like much contact. Tough to see. I thought we were going to have a season end with everyone healthy for once.

Comment

Originally posted by GoJacks2011 View Post
      Paige Meyer goes down with a knee injury. Didn’t look like much contact. Tough to see. I thought we were going to have a season end with everyone healthy for once.
      Hopefully she's alright. Initially, I thought she might've tripped over another player and tweaked ankle or knee

Comment

Originally posted by jakejc795 View Post

Hopefully she's alright. Initially, I thought she might've tripped over another player and tweaked ankle or knee
        It looked less severe when she got up and walked off the court. We will see what develops…

Comment

Originally posted by GoJacks2011 View Post

It looked less severe when she got up and walked off the court. We will see what develops…
          She was walking gingerly. Regardless, I hope she rests/recovers and is able to play in tourney & "Madness"

Comment

Check her out good & let her heal good, we can still win games until she can play without aggravating her injury needlessly, whenever that is.

Comment

Myah should have fell backwards with that contact , since that " sells" a charging call to the refs it seems, instead, she gets the blocking foul..

Comment

Looked like she walked off the floor at halftime without favoring her left side very much.

Comment

Paige went off the floor walking at a pretty fast pace without much of a limp at the half.Had the knee shrink-wrapped with ice. Let's hope it's only a sprain or anything not severe.

Comment

KC doesn't go on many long scoring droughts to their credit, so it's harder to increase a lead on them as opposed to other teams. We are doing a good job at maintaining it though after building it.

Comment

Heard some credible info about Paige, not from the team obviously but I trust the assessment. Not good, I hope I am wrong. They will know more after the MRI.

Comment

Originally posted by 98Jackfarmer View Post
                        Heard some credible info about Paige, not from the team obviously but I trust the assessment. Not good, I hope I am wrong. They will know more after the MRI.
                        I think it’s highly unlikely we see her in the SLT regardless of what the MRI next week shows. Heartbreaking to see these players work so hard and then have opportunities taken away due to injuries like this. Still think we can win it all but puts a damper on everything.

Comment

WOW obviously hoping for the best!! for Paige and the team! every once in a while i have been pleasantly surprised to be wrong but from all the times i have seen knee injuries, i dont feel very good about our chances of seeing Paige on the floor again this season(((

that said i think this team can and still will win the SLT. if she cannot play i think the bigger bummer is that i think this team was really starting to look like a sweet 16 team with a shot for more with a good break or two.

this team is moving the ball so well and playing really excellent defense, so they can still beat very good teams. but the pick and roll game with Paige has just gotten to be deadly and without her that is a big weapon taken out of the arsenal

anyway, just hoping the best for her and ready to root for whoever is able to play come next weekend and beyond. i am SO SICK of this injury topic, but hoping for the best news here and BIG CONGRATULATIONS to this team for sticking together during an unusually tough beginning to the season, growing EVERY GAME and ending the regular season playing just fantastic dominant basketball

i mean they just beat the #3 team in the conference by over 30 points without a first team all conference player on the floor

Comment

If they have to do it without Paige it becomes tougher, but we need to remember that last year's team when healthy beat USD twice.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                              If they have to do it without Paige it becomes tougher, but we need to remember that last year's team when healthy beat USD twice.
                              thinking it is doubtful but still hoping we will have Paige

but YES i agree completely. even without paige we would have the team that beat them twice last year with the addition of Hailiegh who hurt them bad last game. (I apologize but i cannot remember how all the girls spell their names, no disrespect intended!!)

i really fully expect to win the SLT i am more saddened about the possibility of not having her for advancing in the NCAA because i think this team is really ready to make some noise

Comment

Working...
                              X