Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jacks down 17. Some ugly basketball.

Comment

First quarter was encouraging. Since then it’s been downhill. Tough hole to dig out of. Guess we prepare for the rematch and for the game that matters most in March.

Comment

they're just way way way way (a few more 'way's deleted for reasons of space) more physical than SDSU...I think we've noted that before when these two teams get together...
        "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by YanktonJack7 View Post
          Jacks down 17. Some ugly basketball.
          Especially if Jacks continue trying inside shots with Sjerven there to rebound and block shots

Comment

5 points in the last 15 minutes for SDSU. That’s hard to do.

Comment

The very first foul called on the Jacks was Nelson extending her arm to "touch' The USD player out on the perimeter, as soon as skin on her finger met cloth, within a milli-second the whistle blew, I knew then this was going to be an uphill battle, we would get no benefit of the doubt at all, and Nelson's got long arms and was leaning way out, that's how far she was away. Ridiculous call. That put us on notice we weren't going to be allowed to play any kind of defense involving any sort of contact, we were shackled right then and there. USD has NEVER won an NCAA tournament game, NEVER, they actually allow teams to defend them there.

Comment

Second half is embarrassing - with the starters. Looks like nobody wants to take a shot.

Comment

Just embarrassing.

Comment

10 total points in 20 minutes.

Comment

Sjerven clearly just cussed out the refs on tv. Very classy.

Comment

Originally posted by GoJacks2011 View Post
                        Sjerven clearly just cussed out the refs on tv. Very classy.
                        Glad someone else saw that, thought that maybe my lip-reading skills weren't good.

Comment

We don't capitalize on mismatches enough due to switch offs on screens, etc. We seem to want to go at the other teams tallest player all the time. When we get the mis-match, we seem to score. Also, we need height at center, we can't do it anymore with just forwards, the game has changed, if you got a decent scoring center tall enough to shoot over people, you don't have to score out on the perimeter as much, you get some points the easy way and everything else gets easier too.USD uses this philosophy to a great extent whenever the opponent has no answer, hence 20+ win.

Comment

Student section needs to get a "That's bullsh*t !" sign to hold up when she gets called for a foul in Frost.

Comment

We had three 3s in the first qtr and 1 the rest of the game. Got outrebounded badly. Thats what bothers me more then anything. Early it looked like usd was reaching a lot to get turnovers. I didnt have a chance tp watch the whole thing so not sure how it went but frustrating we get called for those all year and usd gets away with it year after year. Also couldnt listen to knew it and the other guy. To bad midco didnt have alex hinert call this game. He is probably my favorite honestly. He is unbiased and knows his stuff.
                              "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                                We had three 3s in the first qtr and 1 the rest of the game. Got outrebounded badly. Thats what bothers me more then anything. Early it looked like usd was reaching a lot to get turnovers. I didnt have a chance tp watch the whole thing so not sure how it went but frustrating we get called for those all year and usd gets away with it year after year. Also couldnt listen to knew it and the other guy. To bad midco didnt have alex hinert call this game. He is probably my favorite honestly. He is unbiased and knows his stuff.
                                Elsen will be the Midco commentator for 'Yote home games. I agree about it being difficult to listen to those too. Having said that, I think Nieman is generally unbiased

Comment

Working...
                                X