No announcement yet.

Montana State vs SDSU 6pm Frost Arena Midco/ESPN+

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wasn't sure how to break it down as putting positions beside players names is really tough to do so decided to break it down by time spent on court. My personal opinion on how this team best looks based on min per game I would like to see them on the court:

30+ min per game (aka I want this player on the court)
    Paige Meyer- still waiting on the game where she doesn't look improved from the previous game.
    Tylee Irwin- tired of the missed layups, but is so good at everything else
    Myah Selland- when healthy obvioulsy

25-30 min
    Paiton Burchkard- nearly in the top group, but runs the court and battles down low so needs a bit more rest.
    Tori Nelson- hasn't progressed as well as hoped. Could be pushed lower as her scoring numbers drop every year. But the potential is still so good.

20-25 min
    Kallie Thisen- defense and rebounding have really been great, but offensively still needs a lot of work. Hasn't shown the ability to create her own shots.
    Haley Timmer- also continues to impress and likely could push for the above tier as well. Love her ability to penetrate. Think her offense efficiency will continue to improve with experience. Look out!

15-20 min
    Madison Vlastuin- one of the few legit 3 point shooters on the team. Needs to improve defensively and with decision making. I can't tell who she can guard though as she doesn't appear physical enough to battle the forwards but doesn't appear to be athletically able to stay in front of guards. This is likely why her playing time varies so much.

5-10 min
    Mesa Byom- kind of an enigma. Had a move against MSU that was like "Wow." Then looks lost at times. Most likely to move up a tier (10-15) if she can continue to develop and get confident as the year goes on.
    Lindsey Theunick- According to coach she "brings energy" when she comes in. Ok.
    Haley Greer- Not much to say here. 3 point shooting, ugh. Would probable prefer to see her in the 0-5 min tier, but can't see coach doing that.

It is nice to finally have some depth that can actually provide points off the bench. Once Myah gets back I think this will likely be one of the most exciting offenses we have had in a long time. But this team is still long and athletic enough to be really good defensively. I think the defensive side of the ball is something that will improve dramatically as the year goes on.

Comment

Working...
    X