Montana State vs SDSU 6pm Frost Arena Midco/ESPN+

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Montana State vs SDSU 6pm Frost Arena Midco/ESPN+

Tricia Binford took over the Bobcat WBB in 2005 and she has now had more wins than any of the previous 10 head coaches. They are picked a close 2nd in the Big Sky. Darian White is the experienced player on this team. The 5'6" Jr is a preseason 1rst team choice. The other 4 starters are 2 sophomores and 2 freshmen of which one freshman is 6'6". They have 2 losses that include Gonzaga and UNLV. The Bobcat offense only scored 47 & 42 points in those games. They shot 31%-32% from the field and worse from 3 pt. I would expect the Jackrabbit to provide a similar effort on the defense. The Bobcats have been awarded 22 free throws in the 3 games. It does not appear they drive the ball too much. The Jackrabbits should run the record against MSU to 4-0. Go Jacks!!
    Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Played a step slow during the first quarter. I think still recovering from the grueling road trip. Freshmen and Theisen carried us to take the lead at the half. No Theuninck again tonight and still no word at all when Selland will be back.

Comment

Meyer and Timmer, the leaders of the team

Comment

Originally posted by tbcruiser View Post
        Meyer is legit. She’s just carving them up, which is pretty impressive considering she hasn’t even played 5 college games. It will be fun when Selland is one of the teammates she can pass to for open shots.

Comment

After a slow start, nice dominant win. Only gave up 17 pts in the second half. We play defense and keep getting great transition looks like we did tonight, we’ll have a great year.

Comment

Originally posted by tbcruiser View Post
            I'm not sure if I am really excited for the two freshman being what you would call the "stars" so to speak. Or if I am really disappointed in the lack of importance the older players seem to bring to the game, as of now.

Comment

100% agree with you

Comment

Originally posted by Southeast View Post

Meyer is legit. She’s just carving them up, which is pretty impressive considering she hasn’t even played 5 college games. It will be fun when Selland is one of the teammates she can pass to for open shots.
                This team has a chance to be very special once Myah is back.

Comment

Really like how Timmer gets out and runs the floor and presents herself for the long pass when the Jacks transition from defense to offense.She is going to get a lot of easy buckets in her career, especially with the way Meyer pushes the ball.

Comment

Originally posted by 98Jackfarmer View Post

I'm not sure if I am really excited for the two freshman being what you would call the "stars" so to speak. Or if I am really disappointed in the lack of importance the older players seem to bring to the game, as of now.
                    I think Meyer is able to do Macy Miller level play and she is turning in great lines for the games. Meanwhile, the players like Irwin and Theisen are being overlooked with their efforts. Burckhard and Nelson both shot 50% from the field as well and combined for 13 rebounds. The freshmen have great energy and talent that is refreshing, but they are hardly the basis to illuminate the entire team. The Jackrabbits have definitely scored a 10 on these 2 recruits. PG Meyer should be the leader on the floor and she is doing an outstanding job illustrated with 6 assists and 00 turnovers. Meyer may have attained "star" status with her on court leadership/production, but I cannot diminish the production of the "others" while still appreciating these 2 new players. That's about 2 cents.
                    Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

If they would allow us to have two # 2's on our team, Darian White would look good in yellow and blue. That was quite the battle between her and Meyer.

Comment

Good points

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post

I think Meyer is able to do Macy Miller level play and she is turning in great lines for the games. Meanwhile, the players like Irwin and Theisen are being overlooked with their efforts. Burckhard and Nelson both shot 50% from the field as well and combined for 13 rebounds. The freshmen have great energy and talent that is refreshing, but they are hardly the basis to illuminate the entire team. The Jackrabbits have definitely scored a 10 on these 2 recruits. PG Meyer should be the leader on the floor and she is doing an outstanding job illustrated with 6 assists and 00 turnovers. Meyer may have attained "star" status with her on court leadership/production, but I cannot diminish the production of the "others" while still appreciating these 2 new players. That's about 2 cents.
                          I looked earlier. Yes, both Tylee and Paiton have pretty good stats. But for players with their experience they aren't really creating much buzz about their play, maybe that's just them having high expectations. Watching Paige play last was quite entertaining to say the least. With her in the game the offense for the most part is quite dynamic, add in Haleigh's ability to create off of the bounce and it is fun. Conversely, when Greer comes in to run the point we seem to really go stagnant. Nothing against her at all, she just doesn't have the play making ability as we see in Meyer IMO. And to think Meyer is only a freshman, wow.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                            If they would allow us to have two # 2's on our team, Darian White would look good in yellow and blue. That was quite the battle between her and Meyer.
                            White was an offensive machine who is able to take an open shot anywhere. The 1 assist to her credit handicaps her as PG. She is a slick player who hounded Meyer while on defense. Meyer has speed and control that does not occur frequently. The 4 free throws for the Bobcats seem low for as much as they were pushing the ball. Good overall defense by the Jackrabbits.

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post

White was an offensive machine who is able to take an open shot anywhere. The 1 assist to her credit handicaps her as PG. She is a slick player who hounded Meyer while on defense. Meyer has speed and control that does not occur frequently. The 4 free throws for the Bobcats seem low for as much as they were pushing the ball. Good overall defense by the Jackrabbits.
                              White looked to be in great shape, but Meyer just wore her down. Meyer looks like she could play all night and not get tired.

Comment

Working...
                              X