No announcement yet.

recruiting...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As much as I would've loved to see Swedlund in SDSU blue, I 100% trust AJ to make the best possible decision for the program. Just the fact that neither USD or NDSU offered is pretty telling. Again, Bella is a great player, but there's obviously something that deterred local SL teams. Perhaps it was height or athleticism, but I really don't think consider is a loss considering SDSU never offered her.

To say that SDSU has ignored in-state players is pretty ridiculous imo. How many D1 players from SD have made an impact somewhere other than SDSU or USD in recent years? Off the top of my head, only Dru Gylten (Utah) and Emma Ronsiek (Creighton) come to mind. You've got Macy Miller, Myah Selland, Paiton Burckhard, Ciara Duffy that stayed in-state, plus Timmer, Vlastuin, Hansen, etc. that have the chance to leave their mark at SD programs.

Side note, but Avery Broughton from Corisca-Stickney committed to USD today over SDSU, UND, and Drake. I would definitely consider that a loss.

Comment

Originally posted by rushmore bball View Post

This I do know-a very high level coach at the big ten level feels Bella Swedlund is a WNBA draft pick. They were full at her position.
      Somehow I find it difficult to believe that any high level Big Ten coach, or MBB or WBB coach in general, would pass over a NBA or WNBA draft pick interested in their school because they are "full at that position". They find a way to make that work...

"I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

I think it is pretty tough to say that the Jacks do a bad job of recruiting in state talent. They will have not ONE not TWO not THREE!!!!! but F O U R effing SD POY on the roster for next year.

Beyond that it is not like they are going to eastern europe or something to recruit the rest of the team!! or even eastern USA for that matter!!! pretty much ONE HUNDRED PERCENT of the team is from within a one to six hour drive from the campus. i think they are FAR MORE than getting it done on the LOCAL recruiting front

does that mean they will get EVERY SD kid???? obviously not.
        would they even have room for EVERY SD kid ? probably not

is bella going to play in the wnba??? almost definitely not. but she is a good player and EVERYTHING i have heard is that she is a G R E A T kid!!!! good for her and i wish her the very very BEST. i hope she proves me wrong and proves you correct!!!

but we have a couple players sitting within couple hours of campus, ONE who scored almost 6000 points in 8 years of high school and college ball, and another who scored over 4500 and NEITHER of them made it to the wnba. it is not a real simple nut to crack. they are both taller than Bella, one is one of the best shooters to every play the game, and the other one is 6 feet tall and just as good an athlete or better

it appears you are a family friend and you care about your friends and your feelings are a little hurt. it is AWESOME to care about your friends!!!! but all of our friends and family can NOT play athletics for the jacks

it is AWESOME to care about your friends but it is a hideously bad reason to cut your donations to your school. definitely YOUR choice!! maybe not the kind of thing to announce on a forum for JACKS fans????

and OH BTW the jacks just had TWO SD kids who were not only given the opportunity to play for but also to coach at their IN STATE school, which one of them used as a launching pad to get a head coaching job at a school with a long history or hoops success, and the other one will follow her as her assistant. that history of success OH BTW really started by yet another SD KID who made a name for themself at SDSU

Comment

Originally posted by Project-Badass View Post
          As much as I would've loved to see Swedlund in SDSU blue, I 100% trust AJ to make the best possible decision for the program. Just the fact that neither USD or NDSU offered is pretty telling. Again, Bella is a great player, but there's obviously something that deterred local SL teams. Perhaps it was height or athleticism, but I really don't think consider is a loss considering SDSU never offered her.

To say that SDSU has ignored in-state players is pretty ridiculous imo. How many D1 players from SD have made an impact somewhere other than SDSU or USD in recent years? Off the top of my head, only Dru Gylten (Utah) and Emma Ronsiek (Creighton) come to mind. You've got Macy Miller, Myah Selland, Paiton Burckhard, Ciara Duffy that stayed in-state, plus Timmer, Vlastuin, Hansen, etc. that have the chance to leave their mark at SD programs.

Side note, but Avery Broughton from Corisca-Stickney committed to USD today over SDSU, UND, and Drake. I would definitely consider that a loss.
          Alexis Swedlund played for Wa St for 4 years.
          Last edited by jackdaniel; 06-16-2021, 10:44 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X