GDT: Game 1 SLT Jackrabbits(1) vs Mavs(8) 11:45am@Pentagon ESPN3/Midco

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SteelSD View Post
    Omaha has been a tough matchup for us as they have serious post talent and are able to neutralize that part of our game. Our guard play is crap and and we have been exposed. Make anyone outside PB and TI score and we can’t put points on the board. Guards have not progressed at all and hopefully the two freshman coming in next year can replace LT and HG as they killed us today.
    Irwin didn't help missing so many layups and good looks.

I'll say it again, Ferrand, Hirschmann and Rongisch not progrssing killed our depth when Selland is out and Nelson isn't 100%.

Timmer and Meyer will be a huge help and Timmer will be ready to contribute right away and can actually make a shot.

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post

You don't remember that horrendous game vs. Cincinatti down in...Mexico(?) a couple of years ago? Something like 80-18. But yeah, this rates right down there with that one.
      I remember that game as humiliating, yes, more than a couple years??? Lost by 50 something?

Comment

Originally posted by AZjack View Post

Irwin didn't help missing so many layups and good looks.

I'll say it again, Ferrand, Hirschmann and Rongisch not progrssing killed our depth when Selland is out and Nelson isn't 100%.

Timmer and Meyer will be a huge help and Timmer will be ready to contribute right away and can actually make a shot.
        Will have to wait another year for Meyer as she is in 2022 class.

Comment

If the Mavs think this is as good as it gets, it will be, if, on the other hand, they play with this games intensity, they can win the semi-final, and who knows what in the finals.

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post

Will have to wait another year for Meyer as she is in 2022 class.
            Isn't Paige Meyer next year?

Comment

Originally posted by AZjack View Post

Isn't Paige Meyer next year?
              My bad I thought you were referring to Brooklyn Meyer.

Comment

yes paige meyer is next year. and i do hope those 2 guards can help the guard play next year. i love LT level of hustle and toughness and i do think we are better when she is on the floor but i cannot begin to guess WHY she has never been able to get any kind of offense going. HG has had some very good moments and i think she does play hard but it feels like she tries to force too much on O and the ball too often seems to end up in her hands when a play needs to be made and she is not a playmaker

Comment

I've been thinking all year, we miss way too many layups and mostly open shots under the bucket, to me, top teams don't give points away, they just don't. It was bound to happen eventually to lose a first rd game as the Summit improves I've thought, just didn't think it'd be this year as we've shown we can come back from being down. Didn't have that one player who could consistently score and lead us back this game, like Myah does so well. I kind of saw the teams in the Summit this year were just a little harder to beat than other years, but in a undefeated year, thought it ridiculous to casually bring it up. Oh well , crap happens.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post

I know they had some stinkers over the last 10 yeas but this is big.

Anyone else who likes us playing at the pentagon is crazy. Men and women just struggle there. Its no denny or frost for winning percentage. looks like the team forgot they had a game today. Feels like a bad omen for the rest of today. Basicall just handed usd the summit tourney.
                    this, the pentagon stinks, leave it for the NSIC

Comment

first of all BIG congrats to UNO they played VERY well and VERY hard today. it they could have had that level of defensive intensity all year there is NO WAY they are the 8 seed. and i really do NOT believe the jacks overlooked them in any way.

i have said it before PB has great difficulty in the post against quality size and the 3 posts for omaha are all as big or bigger than her and all physical. without the crisp and accurate interior passing that myah brings it is VERY VERY hard for PB to score inside against that type of player

bad day for tylee to have so much trouble with layups and basically the entier team followed suit((( tori, bless her for trying but she was very far from good today((( we made some 3 in first half but pentagon is just a TOUGH place to shoot and we could not knock down anything in the second half even when our good shooters had good looks it wouldnt go down

again CONGrATULATIONS to uno for a great game. congrats to usd on winning the slt.

bummer of a way to cap off our great conference season!!! and i do believe we will be in the tourney. i do believe unfortunately our seed suffers, but i would not be greatly surprised to see them win a first round game. i think they just got a big dose of motivation today

Comment

i totally agree with you JD!!! the pentagon looks pretty but i absolutely hate it!! i have watched a lot of games there and there is something wrong!! shooting is consistently not good there and i am ALL FOR defense but the game is just less enjoyable to watch when shooting is bad

on top of that the seats are NOT comfortable and the concessions are a total joke. none of that matters to the outcome of the game and i am NOT taking anything away from uno, just saying i agree with you. i would be very happy if the men get 3 wins here in next few days and then the jacks NEVER play another game at the pentagon

Comment

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
                          this, the pentagon stinks, leave it for the NSIC
                          Glad you agree.
                          "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

when our seed drops, i hope it drops to #12, #11 , or # 10 anything other than 8 or 9 (except for the first rd game, when they play ea other). Maybe that would be about the best we can do this year anyway, win a game, but hate to think negatively, always have higher hopes.

Comment

I have that feeling like i was dreaming, like i feel asleep at halftime and dreamed the we loss and im going to wake up and realize we won by 20.
                              "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                                I have that feeling like i was dreaming, like i feel asleep at halftime and dreamed the we loss and im going to wake up and realize we won by 20.
                                Yeah, some antihistamines will do that to you...
                                "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Working...
                                X